shutter count D90 or similiar

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
I just seen a D90 on Ebay with a shutter count of 392,762 and thought wow!
Does this put to bed the whole shutter count exercise.
What is the highest shutter count you've seen on a D90 or similiar.

I could be wrong of course, but I'd guess that's a typo as I make that approx 240 shots every day since D90 release in late 2008.

Yes Grotty. I asked the seller if they were sure of the shutter count. they are a trade seller and they replied "Its what the online website states for this camera. Is it accurate, I honestly do not know"
Scrumpix....600,000 is a hell of a lot of photos. Were you into animation? :) Just shows that the whole thing about shutter releases is a bit of a red herring.

Last edited:
Could have belonged to someone who used live view a lot more than they actually took photos.

I don't think live view effects the shutter releases.

A D80 on Ebay with 116,000 shutter releases.

I don't think live view effects the shutter releases.

A D80 on Ebay with 116,000 shutter releases.

I think liveview on the D90 registers 3 shutter actuations instead of one.

Heather

Well if you press live view the mirror clicks open but the shutter count only counts the curtain activations.

Well if you press live view the mirror clicks open but the shutter count only counts the curtain activations.

It depends if you are using live view with video or not. If you use live view to focus and take a picture, then each activation adds three.

Enter live view - shutter opens.
Take photo - shutter closes, then re-opened to take the still image-then closes again
back to live view... shutter opens.

So by the time you come out of live view, it will have recorded three open close cycles.

If you merely enter live view and do nothing, or shoot video, then no, it records one activation.

Back