Sigma 1.4 extender £49. Canon Fit

What a waste of space Jessops are what liars as well went into the shop in LLandudno today to try to get some sense came out with my money !
They denied I had contacted anyone at the shop .....Blantant lie and i can prove it
Denied I had been given a del date all I could get out of them that they had no stock.All 6the supervisor was concerned was that special orders took on average 28days and I would have to wait till then.
Biggest joke was that the supervisor could not find my order in the system,I overheard her say to her college opops this order had not been completed now is there any wonder that I could not trace the order let alone her.

WHAT A BUNCH OF COWBOYS

It is obvious to me that Jessops could not run a Pxxx up to a brewerey,My advis eis stay well clear of them

Tid Tug

I'm still at this point in the proceedings. They haven't taken the money yet so I don't know what's going on. Still, I'm in no rush so I'll just leave it and wait and see.

26th Dec 2008 23:34 - Order being processed
Description, Qty, Status and Line Total Information and Reorder Option Respectively:

Sigma 1.4x EX APO DG Tele Converter (Canon AF) ( 1), 0 Dispatched, 1 On Back-Order, £48.93
Add to Basket

Delivery: £4.95
Order Total: £53.88

I'm still at this point in the proceedings. They haven't taken the money yet so I don't know what's going on. Still, I'm in no rush so I'll just leave it and wait and see.

26th Dec 2008 23:34 - Order being processed
Description, Qty, Status and Line Total Information and Reorder Option Respectively:

Sigma 1.4x EX APO DG Tele Converter (Canon AF) ( 1), 0 Dispatched, 1 On Back-Order, £48.93
Add to Basket

Delivery: £4.95
Order Total: £53.88

Alby, give up all hope of ever seeing this delivered to your door.:shake:

I rang up and was told it has been discontinued and I should have been informed of this, I said I had not then was told they had only just been informed (lie) I was then told that they would cancel the order.

I was then asked if i would like to be transferred to sales to see if they had an alternative for me:LOL::LOL: I said no thanks and asking that they convey the message that their operation is very unprofessional to whoever it may concern.

J ******** - 21st Dec 2008 18:42 - Order Cancelled

Sigma 1.4x EX APO DG Tele Converter (Canon AF) ( 1), 0 Dispatched, 1 Cancelled, £46.48
Add to Basket

Last edited:
For what it is worth, 080008369890. Customer services.

Nah, don't be so pessimistic, i talked to some guy at jessops a couple of days ago and they said they had an order coming in to satisfy the remaining 160 orders...

Hang in there...

Nah, don't be so pessimistic, i talked to some guy at jessops a couple of days ago and they said they had an order coming in to satisfy the remaining 160 orders...

Hang in there...

Pessimistic ?, it is fact that my order has been cancelled and the reasons given, end of.

Pessimistic ?, it is fact that my order has been cancelled and the reasons given, end of.

Ahh... my apologies, in my eagerness I hadn't noticed your order has now actually been cancelled. I guess its just a matter of time then before mine is too :( Ahh well, what can we do :shrug:

Ahh... my apologies, in my eagerness I hadn't noticed your order has now actually been cancelled. I guess its just a matter of time then before mine is too :( Ahh well, what can we do :shrug:

Unless I have just shot myself in the foot by ringing up :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Unless I have just shot myself in the foot by ringing up :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm leaving it until the end of the month then I'll be on the phone. I could have got one from their Milton Keynes branch but rather than do the 20 mile drive I ordered it in good faith on-line.

That will be explained to them in great detail :nono:

Yeah, same here... it became obvious one week to the next when the 'delivery dates' kept being shifted back that they were stalling. Never mind...

I enquired on the 29th via email as to what is happening to my order.

I rang up on the 16th which resulted in them cancelling the order.

They have today, 24 days later sent me this email.

Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised that your order was cancelled as per your request.

Regards
Toni Evans
Customer Support

:bang::bang::bang: What an incompetent lot Jessops are!!!.

"as per your request" ???

I assume you didn't ask for it to be cancelled...

I guess this thread will now finally be laid to rest now it is seems that all remaining orders are cancelled! Shame...

I guess this thread will now finally be laid to rest now it is seems that all remaining orders are cancelled! Shame...

[I assume you didn't ask for it to be cancelled...]

Read post 123.

A friend that ordered his after I bought mine, got the 'more stock due in on 12/01/2009 email' has just had an another email stating it's been dispatched this morning.

Needless to say, no Sigma in post and order cancelled yesterday.

Thought I'd best update.

Mine hasn't been cancelled, this thread lives :D

Mine hasn't been cancelled, this thread lives :D

:LOL: Haha fair enough... but dont expect it to end well :)

I think this thread should get an award for the most ultimately pointless thread that got to nearly 150 posts...

I'm going to add to it - my order is still pending delivery. I'm a 'glass half full' kinda guy so I'm going to wait and see.

You never kow, one day I might come home to find a package from Jessops, many years from now when pigs have evolved and grown wings?

DB

:LOL: Haha fair enough... but dont expect it to end well :)

I think this thread should get an award for the most ultimately pointless thread that got to nearly 150 posts...

That's the allure of a potential bargain for you ..........and that is me out of it :D

:popcorn:

I didn't even get a mail to say why.... just cancelled no explaination. Looks like jesshops (added the H for ad-linking reasons :LOL:) just lost another customer due to their inability to levey any customer care. They could have come clean and said they weren't going to see these orders through weeks ago, I might have got one elsewhere when the prices were lower. I can buy far east on e-bay and get no service and for less in future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even get a mail to say why.... just cancelled no explaination. Looks like jesshops (added the H for ad-linking reasons :LOL:) just lost another customer due to their inability to levey any customer care. They could have come clean and said they weren't going to see these orders through weeks ago, I might have got one elsewhere when the prices were lower. I can buy far east on e-bay and get no service and for less in future.

Yeah, I didn't receive an email either - although - lets not be too demanding :nono:

woohoo mine is still on back order.

yeah, mine too. but I guess that won't be for long :(

So those who have had their orders cancelled - Did you receive no email notice ? did you just happen to check online ?

Just to make you green with envy - I went into Jessops today in Birmingham to buy an omni-bounce and enquired as to whether they had any in stock - to which I received the reply, "yes, 1".

I then explained that I had ordered one online in December and was stillawaiting delivery - handed it over with some persuation and iforming them my recent bill with Jessops was £2000 - cancelled online and now the owner of a lovely £48.00 Sigma 1.4 Tele-converter DG!!!

DB

Just to make you green with envy - I went into Jessops today in Birmingham to buy an omni-bounce and enquired as to whether they had any in stock - to which I received the reply, "yes, 1".

I then explained that I had ordered one online in December and was stillawaiting delivery - handed it over with some persuation and iforming them my recent bill with Jessops was £2000 - cancelled online and now the owner of a lovely £48.00 Sigma 1.4 Tele-converter DG!!!

DB

Are you asking us to hate you? :bonk:

Are you asking us to hate you? :bonk:

Something like that, or atleast it would seem that way. Just amazed and quite excited that they came through in the end!

I would highly recommend the Birmingham (Temple Street) Jessops to anyone. They are all really helpful and have a lot of time and patience with me, also done me some great deals in the past!

DB

just checked mine and it says dispatched. :)

Mine no longer shows on back order but shows qty 1, 0 dispatched.

I spoke to them on Thursday last week and they confirmed ALL orders will be despatched when stock arrives, but they have NO IDEA when stock will be received by them.

The also advised the price was subject to change due to the current price increases, however after asking the question 3 times they did say I'd be contacted before despatch if the price did change.

I still do not expect to see this! but I'm happy to be pleasently suprised :LOL:

Just got this:

** High Priority **

Dear MR JOHN

Order J 20370800

With regards to the above order this has now become a discontinued item and we would not be able to provide it and there is no alternative. Your order have been cancelled however if there is any other item you are considering buying from jessops. Please do not hesitate to forward me the information and I will see if there is anything I can do with the cost. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Yours Sincerely
Amanda West

sigh

Got the same email :(

*If* they start selling them again I'll have to have words with them .........

Yep, Amanda West emailed me too.

So lets get this right - Sorry we can't honour your order BUT please contact me next time you want to spend money with us. - I don't think I'll be spending or contacting. I spoke to them last week and was assured that ther was "No Chance" my order would be cancelled. :razz:

Got the same email :(

*If* they start selling them again I'll have to have words with them .........

I got the same email. Strangely i checked the status of the order online about a month ago and the website said it didn't exist. :LOL:

I wonder if it's worth replying and asking for a discount code for a future purchase. :D

How did everyone get on with these. Is the quality ok, are you happy?

Only asking as it's about six months now so long enough for a test!

Back