So What Did YOU do at the TP Mega-Meet?

Thanks for a great day on Saturday; I learned a lot and more importantly met a lot of very nice folk :)

Here are a few of nine from the day:

Andy (Posiview) trying some shots of one of the lovely models:

20140517-114704-Edit.jpg
by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Sabre (I think!):

20140517-125454-Edit.jpg

20140517-125600-Edit.jpg

Stunning birds of prey:

20140517-134825-Edit.jpg

The models had a tough day in the heat, but did a fantastic job:

20140517-152311-Edit.jpg

Moldable snake!:

20140517-160359-Edit.jpg

I have two more to post, but my laptop battery went flat before they were uploaded! I also have film shots, but they're going to take a while longer :)

Last edited:
@cosmix3 Thanks for the "staff" Jaffa cakes shots, Stu.
And thank your for your time over the week-end.
Very kind of you to give up your time like that (y)

As indeed everyone else that "helped out"
It was very much appreciated by the staff and of course the members themselves.

Was my pleasure Mr Snake, was good to catch up with those I had not seen for awhile and great to meet some new faces :)
Thanks to you aswell Chris for standing in and posing when the model wanted to try the other side of the camera ;) I wonder if they will ever make it on the forom and if so for how long ;) :)

Jasmine has had to go home, I think she was in total shock at such a fab photo ;)

:) will have to get a copy over to you to pass on if she would like :)

Was my pleasure Mr Snake, was good to catch up with those I had not seen for awhile and great to meet some new faces :)
But I don't think that Yvonne (@zeitghost ) is EVER going to let me forget that I forgot, (albeit briefly)
who she was :D

Thanks to you aswell Chris for standing in and posing when the model wanted to try the other side of the camera ;) I wonder if they will ever make it on the forom and if so for how long ;) :)
I'm guessing a "shelf life" of about 0.25/sec :D

:) will have to get a copy over to you to pass on if she would like :)
God knows why she would :D
But I'll have a word with @Yv
unless she spots this thread, first, to see if Jasmine would.

But I don't think that Yvonne (@zeitghost ) is EVER going to let me forget that I forgot, (albeit briefly)
who she was :D

Ummm, will answer that in a sec....... :)

Now taking the above in mind, and remembering it was @zeitghost's camera being used.............. :)

And the question should be how long before the admin reinstate the deleted post ;)

God knows why she would :D
But I'll have a word with @Yv
unless she spots this thread, first, to see if Jasmine would.

LOL Mr Snake :)
Am happy top send :)

Some cracking images being posted. Here are a few of my feeble efforts :)

Snake in the Grass (Pied Royal Python)
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6364 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@cosmix3 with a very different type of bird ;) - thanks for your help too!
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6330 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@Cobra Let me go!
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6282 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

Who are you looking at? (Harris Hawk - I think)
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6164 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

I'm off!
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5968 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@kelack and Bazzle the snake - apparently Kelly was frightened of snakes ;) (Pastel Motley corn snake)
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5887 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

Snake in the studio
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5886 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@cosmix3 Finger poised over the image delete button,
(and that includes two members too :p)
:D

Last edited:
Some cracking images being posted. Here are a few of my feeble efforts :)

Snake in the Grass (Pied Royal Python)
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6364 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@cosmix3 with a very different type of bird ;) - thanks for your help too!
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6330 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@Cobra Let me go!
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6282 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

Who are you looking at? (Harris Hawk - I think)
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-6164 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

I'm off!
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5968 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

@kelack and Bazzle the snake - apparently Kelly was frightened of snakes ;) (Pastel Motley corn snake)
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5887 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

Snake in the studio
TP_Meet_May_2014_D600-5886 by PabloRosso, on Flickr

Nice set there Paul :) not often I am found in front of the camera ;) but had to be done, thanks for bringing some lovely critters along for the weekend, still wish I had brought the Royal home :)

Nice set @PaulButler :)
And yes the ID is correct on the HH (y)

The other (paler one) was a Gyr x Saker

What a great collection of photos and some brilliant photo opportunities for everyone :)

I have a few pics to share, I don't really remember taking them, but then I seemed to be slightly out of it all day and not really sure I took much in on the day, lack of sleep really doesn't work with me :D Sorry to anyone I didn't even say hello to...I sort of lost track and didn't want to start introducing myself to people who I had already spoken too and look like a complete tool :p

I have taken some video of the bits going on yesterday, will try and edit them together into something at least remotely coherent soon :)

1. Photos in fields
TP Mega Meet by Jimmy Lemon, on Flickr

2. Who needs fancy studio lighting! :p (me, I do, but I still like natural light)

3. @Marcel the assistant

4.I think his arms were aching

5. Chimping, group style

6. Or on your own

Last edited:
7. Start them young (especially when branded with the forum logo)

8. Odd man who was popular with the birds

9. Bird in a tree

10. Snake in the grass

11. A gate.....I don't remember taking this, but I quite like it!

12. Playing with the 10-20 on full frame in the Tree Cathedral

Hopefully the video is a little more interesting :)

Last edited:
Glad you made it down Tom (y)
Nice set @Jimmy_Lemon :)

edit, Oi! just seen your "odd man" comment :p

Last edited:
who she was :
Oh Zeity has a very long memory and never forgives or forgets. You will be lulled into a false sense of security and then she will strike

Ahh funny that one as a certain forum member who was sadly forgotten by said Mr Snake has the photo originals due to it being her camera. Sadly she also has access to all sorts of online areas were they can be posted.

Some great photos and they were making me really regret not making the effort to pop in (ended up just round the corner yesterday too :sneaky:)

Then I remembered what put me off :D

:jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa:

Oh Zeity has a very long memory and never forgives or forgets. You will be lulled into a false sense of security and then she will strike
:thinking: I thought it was Cobra's that struck fast, when no one expects them to :D
Unfortunately, seem's my memory isn't as long as yours anyway :(

Ahh funny that one as a certain forum member who was sadly forgotten by said Mr Snake has the photo originals due to it being her camera. Sadly she also has access to all sorts of online areas were they can be posted.
PMSL, that's me told :D

Some great photos and they were making me really regret not making the effort to pop in (ended up just round the corner yesterday too :sneaky:)

Then I remembered what put me off :D

:jaffa::jaffa::jaffa::jaffa:
Pah! we'll make a TP Member outta you yet Neil :p

7. Start them young (especially when branded with the forum logo)

8. Odd man who was popular with the birds

9. Bird in a tree

10. Snake in the grass

11. A gate.....I don't remember taking this, but I quite like it!

12. Playing with the 10-20 on full frame in the Church Cathedral

Hopefully the video is a little more interesting :)

Tom if you like playing with funky ultra wides on your new baby I can lend you my Sammy 8mm fisheye for a bit if you'd like? Be warned though you'll get your feet in shot on a almost regular basis :D or in my case beer gut

Few more from me :)

@Cobra so is that a lens or a sensor you are cleaning????
IMG_0151.jpg

@Cobra teaching a young lady how to hold his bird :)
IMG_0163.jpg

@Cobra (seeing a trend here) doing god knows what...... :)
IMG_0181.jpg

And this is what @Cobra had on the end of that cord :)
IMG_0173.jpg

And finally @ryanyboy during his demo :)
IMG_0193.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, I go off to do some work and when I come back you have all gone mad!! :D :D Some fantastic photos everyone, talk about an eclectic mix of subjects. Brilliant stuff. :clap:

@cosmix3 I am pretty sure the girls are dying for a few piccies to show off on facebook, so if there is a chance of some small watermarked version Stuart, that would be ace!

WOW, I go off to do some work and when I come back you have all gone mad!! :D :D Some fantastic photos everyone, talk about an eclectic mix of subjects. Brilliant stuff. :clap:

@cosmix3 I am pretty sure the girls are dying for a few piccies to show off on facebook, so if there is a chance of some small watermarked version Stuart, that would be ace!

Not a prob @Yv, will PM you :)

Reactions: Yv
@cosmix3 Finger poised over the image delete button,
(and that includes two members too :p)
:D

I would hope that any images of members would be deleted! (Unless very clearly marked as NSFW in N&G...)

Here are two that have a special importance for me

First my first reasonably successful studio shot ( this is straight out of the camera and no C&C invited)

4767-1400512063-67c66c73ed49587ccb110a30dcf834d2.jpg

Secondly - my first picture focused in live view which the snake/reptile man showed me how to do (sorry can't remember his name). Only processing is cropped and auto in ACR in PSE 11, so again no C&C invited as the purpose of the shot was to practice a new technique - not to produce a fantastic image - although I do like it:).

4768-1400512125-e313a6a2c8d66a43586d2f6845a63aaf.jpg

It was a brilliant weekend - and not only because of the weather. The informal chats also played a big part.

As a non-flash user the opportunity to hear from not just one but TWO skilful users of flash, plus the opportunity to have a go, was really good. Flash is the next 'big thing' I want to get better at (once I am reasonably sorted on B&W conversions - including sharpening:)

So .... thanks again for all those involved in organising it. And for saving me £s in the cost of my breakfast on Sunday:):)

Will there be any TP meets for us northern gits as you southern fairies get all the goodies ;)

Cobra, you were very brave to be standing underneath that bird of prey. I imagine its poop is a bit bigger than a pigeon poop.

Will there be any TP meets for us northern gits as you southern fairies get all the goodies ;)

Cobra, you were very brave to be standing underneath that bird of prey. I imagine its poop is a bit bigger than a pigeon poop.

To be fair the previous two if I'm not mistaken were York? and Blackpool ;) I'm sure about Blackpool as I was there, though the second day was some what of a fuzzy memory

Umm, 'scuse me! I travelled down from Consett for it, so no excuses accepted!

As already mentioned, the last 2 were oop north, so this time the southerners got the shorter journey times. We did very much change the format this time round and it was a huge success so will be discussing doing it again. At only £10 a ticket and knowing a few people found local hotel rooms for between £20 and £30, I don't think, even those that travelled a long way, though it expensive for what was on offer and was well worth the travel time ;)

A few more dogs, which was pretty much all I did on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing some of the portraits you guys were taking.

1 - I may be going a bit grey, but I can still dance with the best of them! [Sabre]

TP MegaMeet German Shorthaired Pointers by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

2 - Comin right at ya!! [Hector]

TP MegaMeet German Shorthaired Pointers by Yvonne White - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

3 - If I flap em 'ard enuff, I'll take off! [Hector]

4 - Wrinkles? Don't be so bloody cheeky, that's G-Force that is! [Hector]

5 - Ner nerh ner ne neeerrrrhhhhh [Sabre]

Last edited:
More excellent images guys (y)

@Cobra so is that a lens or a sensor you are cleaning????
Remember when you asked if you could borrow a "rocket blower" and I said leave it with me,
I'll sort it for you? :D

So .... thanks again for all those involved in organising it. And for saving me £s in the cost of my breakfast on Sunday:):)
And thanks to all for attending,
it would have been nothing without you members (y)

Well there is the trick you see, Harris Hawks "Mute" (Crap) around a foot away from them,
Why do you think I was stood right underneath? :D

We did very much change the format this time round and it was a huge success
Indeed we did :)
and indeed it was :)

so will be discussing doing it again.
Cool :) Who with Yvonne? :p

Seriously, the effort was well worth it,
just to see the results and the members have so much fun (y)

We'll let the dust settle on this one for a bit, and
who know's ;)

FTR, I paid a little more for my room but I could have (almost) spat on the venue from my room. VERY good breakfast (cereal, toast and FEB "would you like any more, sir?") too. Shame Marc and Sue had such a wait for their supper but she was very blonde!!! 3 1/2 hours door to door (including a McPee stop each way!) was far enough but I can think of worse places to be - at least I had a good stereo. MPG meter was telling me 42.1 when I got home but I'll be checking that against calculated figure (last time I did it was within .2)

Here's a couple more :)

I think he'd just about had enough!:
20140517-160554-Edit-2.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

And earlier the same day:
20140517-131453-Edit.jpg by MarkBerry1963, on Flickr

Love those Mark :)

A few more dogs, which was pretty much all I did on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing some of the portraits you guys were taking.

1 - I may be going a bit grey, but I can still dance with the best of them! [Sabre]

2 - Comin right at ya!! [Hector]

3 - If I flap em 'ard enuff, I'll take off! [Hector]

4 - Wrinkles? Don't be so bloody cheeky, that's G-Force that is! [Hector]

5 - Ner nerh ner ne neeerrrrhhhhh [Sabre]

Very nice too! I got plenty of the trees in focus, as well as the grass, sometimes I even managed to get a dog in focus too! More practise required I think. Great fun!!

Ahh, the lovely laid back Jet, @Garry Edwards GSD

I just love Garry's dog :) we had one very similar when I was little, sadly killed when hit by a car travelling through our village

Love those Mark :)

Very nice too! I got plenty of the trees in focus, as well as the grass, sometimes I even managed to get a dog in focus too! More practise required I think. Great fun!!

in fairness though, you were using a totally unfamiliar lens [though i suspect you want to become very familiar with one :LOL: ] but yes, just practice ;)

That's Yv showing everyone up :p
I'd just love to get a shot of them running with mouths closed, right pair of loons.
They must have enjoyed themselves when I popped in this morning to drop some stuff I'd left in the car last
night Hector ran straight to the back of my car ready to go again

I'll put some effort into the next one, I didn't spot the meet until it was too late and its a little far for me (blackpool or down south) but I will keep my peepers open and see what I can do, would love to meet you all, looks like you all enjoyed yourselves :)

Back