So What Did YOU do at the TP Mega-Meet?

Just had a look through mine and there's nothing much worth sharing.....mostly just a few ambient light test shots.

Sadly, my attempt at a moving target didn't work. In my defence, shooting an oncoming fast moving dog at f1.6 was probably a little too ambitious.....

TP - 18-05-14-1 by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Here's one at the end of Sunday.....Chris looking very happy with his cheese and wine!

TP - 18-05-14-2 by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Sorry, I didn't take more to share.....I was too busy talking!!

Isn't not taking many photos a general standard practice on any meet you attend :p I don't remember many photos on my trip to the shire

T
Here's one at the end of Sunday.....Chris looking very happy with his cheese and wine!
Indeed, what more could a man want? :)

Sorry, I didn't take more to share.....I was too busy talking!!
And a brilliant job you did too.
Thanks for all your time and efforts, Damien, they were much appreciated by all :)

I had a GREAT Day on Saturday also was nice to meet some of the Members. Heres my some of the shots I took, No.1 "Gere Saker Falcon" Seemed surprised to see me LOL
No.2. Harris's Hawk No.3 A Dog called Jet I Think his name was? No.4. A group of Members No.5 "Gere Saker Falcon"
x Jackie T x

Last edited:
I had a GREAT Day on Saturday also was nice to meet some of the Members. Heres my some of the shots I took, No.1 "Gere Saker Falcon" Seemed surprised to see me LOL
No.2. Harris's Hawk No.3 A Dog called Jet I Think his name was? No.4. A group of Members No.5 Harris Hawk
x Jackie T x

Those are lovely Jackie and so glad you [and Barry I hope] enjoyed it, thankyou for coming along (y)

Isn't not taking many photos a general standard practice on any meet you attend :p I don't remember many photos on my trip to the shire

Oh absolutely. I received several looks of disappointment from Iain....."you've changed" is what I think he said. I only took about 30 photos over the two days!!

Indeed, what more could a man want? :)

And a brilliant job you did too.
Thanks for all your time and efforts, Damien, they were much appreciated by all :)

I can think of a couple of things, but cheese and wine is 80% of the way there!

Thanks, Chris.....I had a genuinely great weekend. Lovely bunch of people all doing what they love.....perfect! (y)

Last edited:
, No.1 "Gere Saker Falcon" Seemed surprised to see me LOL
No.2. Harris's Hawk No.3 A Dog called Jet I Think his name was? No.4. A group of Members No.5 "Gere Saker Falcon"
x Jackie T x
1) That was the only gob shot of the day :D
BTW its a Gyr x saker :) (hybrid)
And indeed Jet is the GSD :)
Glad you enjoyed it :)

I went in the Saturday, and as a Gecko owner myself , spent a fair bit if time around the collection.

Someone,and I'm embarrassed to say I don't who ,lent me a Tamron Macro lens to try.

I'd like to firstly apologise for not asking your name,and secondly I'd like to know which lens it actually was.

I hope whoever it was see this as is like to try and buy my own lens.

Sort of coming back into the land of the living (recurrent migraines and other ailments :() and was so disappointed that I was unable to go to the meet because of my illness and even more so as it seems it was a cracking weekend enjoyed by all :):). I had been so looking forward to this being as it was literally on my doorstep and will have to wait for the Mega-Meet's return to Whipsnade....................

Glad all the planning & team efforts came together and that everything went smoothly to make it an enjoyable weekend.

I went in the Saturday, and as a Gecko owner myself , spent a fair bit if time around the collection.

Someone,and I'm embarrassed to say I don't who ,lent me a Tamron Macro lens to try.

I'd like to firstly apologise for not asking your name,and secondly I'd like to know which lens it actually was.

I hope whoever it was see this as is like to try and buy my own lens.
That was my mate Barry (he's not yet a member here). The lens is a Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di SP macro lens.

Brilliant,thanks Paul.

Sadly, I didn't manage to get any of the Giant fella as
I always timed my visits wrong.

Hope someone has some nice full body pics of him

I know you said you were a breeder,do you go on RFUK at all?

That was my mate Barry (he's not yet a member here).
Well, if he enjoyed himself, give him a poke to hurry up and join!
smiley-face-poke.gif
(Then he can share his photos with us. :snaphappy: )

Brilliant,thanks Paul.

Sadly, I didn't manage to get any of the Giant fella as
I always timed my visits wrong.

Hope someone has some nice full body pics of him

I know you said you were a breeder,do you go on RFUK at all?
You're welcome. You should have given me a nudge I'd have happily got the giant gecko out for you. I am a member on RFUK but I usually only visit when I'm looking for some new animals.

Well, if he enjoyed himself, give him a poke to hurry up and join!
smiley-face-poke.gif
(Then he can share his photos with us. :snaphappy: )
He did enjoy himself and learned loads too, he knows where to find us ;)

What a great set, hope you are pleased with them Michael (y)
I really am pleased,I learnt so much and I need to start saving my pennies as I really liked Ryan's profoto flash

If any of the models would like any of the pics just let me know

Thanks Mickey

I really am pleased,I learnt so much and I need to start saving my pennies as I really liked Ryan's profoto flash

If any of the models would like any of the pics just let me know

Thanks Mickey

I think all three of the models would really like all of the pictures of them! Perhaps send them to Yv? :)

Hi everyone , some superb shots being posted up....I'm still trying to sort out if I have anything worth posting along with sorting my 52's images for there last 2 weeks & catching up on comments over there as well !

I will get my butt into gear soon..........

You're welcome. You should have given me a nudge I'd have happily got the giant gecko out for you. I am a member on RFUK but I usually only visit when I'm looking for some new animals.

He did enjoy himself and learned loads too, he knows where to find us ;)[/quote

I did enjoy myself immensely and I'm also very grateful for the opportunity to come along for the weekend and I'd like to thank everyone who so freely offered help and advice and I've had things to do otherwise I would have joined on Sunday night all be it at 11.45pm when I finally got home :)

Last edited:
I did enjoy myself immensely and I'm also very grateful for the opportunity to come along for the weekend and I'd like to thank everyone who so freely offered help and advice and I've had things to do otherwise I would have joined on Sunday night all be it at 11.45pm when I finally got home :)

YAY :D Welcome aboard Barrie

When is the next get together as so enjoyed meeting the Members.
Added a few pics taken with my small camera, Lumix Panasonic taken on the day of the buttercup fields there. xx Jackie xx

Last edited:
Glad to have you along finally Barrie (y)

When is the next get together as so enjoyed meeting the Members.
The "Megga-meets" traditional are every two years,
but due to the success of this one,
we may make it an annual event.

However do keep an eye on the "meeting place" threads,
for something in your area :)

Having extracted my car camera from the car, I've found the poochraits I took on Sunday morning so here they are.

Can't make up my mind which way Jet should be looking - opinions?

DSCF0091f
by Nod on Talk Photography

DSCF0091

Feeling lazy (and it's early!) so haven't flipped any of these of the boys.

DSCF0076

DSCF0079

DSCF0086

Thanks again to all the models and handlers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've burned all the shots I took of you and Jasmine over the weekend and will post them up later (as in Royal Mail!) if I remember.

Thanks for all you efforts and patience with us all.

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the reptiles, there wasn't any point as the lens I had with me needed the extension tubes that I didn't have with me...

Some of the photos taken by people who had brought along a suitable lens (or borrowed one from Stewart) have plenty of DOF and some haven't. The ones with DOF were taken with one of our flash heads and softbox providing the light, those without were taken with the continuous light fitted to the tank, which of course was a few thousand times less bright.

Interesting thing, the Gecko apparently changes colour in about 20 minutes when under the continuous light, as cammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

I'll admit I'm not the most prolific of posters here (my last post appears to be some, cough, 5 years ago!), but I did have the pleasure of attending the meet last Saturday, so hopefully you won't mind me sharing some of my efforts from the day. All taken with a Fuji X-E1 + Tamron SP90 (72B) macro lens.

TP Mega Meet by NigelLee, on Flickr

Many thanks to those involved with the organisation of the event, it certainly was an enjoyable, and informative day :)

Nigel

Hi Folks,

I'll admit I'm not the most prolific of posters here (my last post appears to be some, cough, 5 years ago!), but I did have the pleasure of attending the meet last Saturday, so hopefully you won't mind me sharing some of my efforts from the day.

Many thanks to those involved with the organisation of the event, it certainly was an enjoyable, and informative day :)

Nigel

Glad you enjoyed yourself Nigel,
nice set (y)
And don't be a "stranger" now you are back in the habit of posting ;)

:nikon:More pic's to look at, I like seeing what you all have taken,:pics: Keep U'm coming :clap:Jackie x

Don't forget folks there are prizes for
the best image taken over the week-end (y)
Thread Here

So what are you too saying? That I won't win? :(
It's not up to me to influence the members Marc, but if I had my way .......................... :D

Back