Soft box recomendations

Name
Harvey
Edit My Images
Yes
My wife`s asked me what I want for my birthday and I said a softbox for my lencarta smartflash 200, she asked if there is any particular size ,shape,type I`d need, and tbh I haven`t a clue could anyone make suggestions please? I will be using it for family portraits

The biggest thing you can fit in the space available.

If you need to disassemble it after every shoot, get one that is easy up, either a pop up type like the lastolite ones or a brolly type.

Also a grid can be useful.

Another vote for the bessel 120cm if you have room for it.

I use it with my smartflash 200 and love it. Easy up and down like an umbrella and 2 mins to put the diffusers on.

And again for the Bessel. All of my studio light modifiers are Bessel (strip light, 120 octa,beauty dish, softbox). Good balance between quality and price.

S

I`ve been trying to access lencarta`s website but it seems to be offline? do the Bessel softboxs need an adaptor to fit my lencarta smartflash 200

Yeah I tried that too - seems like server trouble.Yeah the bessels should fit - they fit our elite pro's.I like them for price but the big 2m strip we have just aint as sturdy as I'd like.

Quality is what I`m concerned about there seems to be a huge difference in price

The bessel is good value for the money... but I much prefer the Lencarta - much the same as I prefer profoto boxes to lencartas..... you pays your money you takes your chance.

The Lencarta server seems to be down, I've left umpteen messages with the only person who can sort this out, hope that something will be done soon

Back