some of the best wildlife shots ever

I would like to see the original images ,
before the huge amount of manipulation that's been done , as a comparison

Great shots, are some of them IR? Looking at the trees :)

Still prefer to see British wildlife tbh :D

drew

I would like to see the original images ,
before the huge amount of manipulation that's been done , as a comparison

Stunning yes, but in my opinion there is a line between Photography and Photomanipulation...

They are good, but could you really go out and take that photo without processing it so much? No, so in my opinion they don't beat other wildlife photos really.

*battered*

Must admit, I'm not a great fan of manipulation in wildlife photography, but I feel that Nick's work is as much art as it is photography and I find it inspirational.
Some of the greatest photographers of all time manipulated their work many years before digital...Even the great Ansel Adams bleached and burned skys during development.
All down to personal taste I guess, but if you take Nick Brandt's work at face value and I think that's the way most people do (non photographers), then you can't deny that the man creates some of the most amazing images you are ever likely to see.

I'm proud to say i've had his website book marked for a long time. He is certainly the most incredible photographer i have come across. I grew up in Zimbabwe around animals like that, and can't help and go WOW when i see some of the moments he has captured. Stunning!

what I would do to take just one photo a tenth as good as those.... I have fell in love with the elephant shots

I already knew some of them. Excellent work!

Back