Sony RX100

Click the words 'basically dead' in my post and you'll see a thread that you might find amusing. Oh, and thanks for the Like.
Every camera's dead if you believe the internet :LOL:

Ah, I misinterpreted just what you meant, I was kinda thinking your RX100M7 unit was playing up.

No, it's almost fine. That little plastic cover on the USB charging port decided to part company with the camera while I wasn't watching, which is really annoying as otherwise the camera is in excellent condition. I've found only two places that sell them and neither ship to the UK. :confused:

Last edited:
My first serious use of an old RX100 Mk1 from a trip to Prague:

1. View from the old castle to the new one (both really old)
Prague I by Ian, on Flickr

2. A view from my son's flat
Prague V by Ian, on Flickr

3. Detail from the Spanish synagogue
Prague VII by Ian, on Flickr

4. River view
Prague IX by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Very nice set of landscape and out & about style captures Ian, liking all of these very much.

Thinking about dumping my m43 and picking up a mk6 or 7, only for family shots..

However what’s the bokeh like for such a small sensor, as I like dof and buttery (ish) backgrounds

Last edited:
Hi.... I have a RX100 Mk7 and am planning to buy an Ipad, along with a subscription to "Lightroom for Ipad" but would like to check one thing before I take the plunge.....
Does Lightroom for Ipad now support RX100 mk7 ARW raw files ?
The reason I ask is because I have an old standalone version of Lightroom on my computer and that doesn't support them without carrying out a prior conversion (which I don't want to do).

Thanks

Hi.... I have a RX100 Mk7 and am planning to buy an Ipad, along with a subscription to "Lightroom for Ipad" but would like to check one thing before I take the plunge.....
Does Lightroom for Ipad now support RX100 mk7 ARW raw files ?
The reason I ask is because I have an old standalone version of Lightroom on my computer and that doesn't support them without carrying out a prior conversion (which I don't want to do).

Thanks

The free version does so I can only assume the paid for version does.

Last edited:
It should do, however It needs to recognise the name of the camera in meta data rather than any unique characteristics of the .ARW files.
Since the RX series are well established mainstream it would be amazing if not listed.

Has anyone ever used something like the RX100 series as the sole camera for a city break ? I have 4 days in NYC in a few weeks and I’m debating whether to just take the RX100 VII or my Nikon Z7 II as well ? Will the 24mm be wide enough ?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used something like the RX100 series as the sole camera for a city break ? I have 4 days in NYC in a few weeks and I’m debating whether to just take the RX100 VII or my Nikon Z7 II as well ? Will the 24mm be wide enough ?
Yes I took my rx100 vii on a 2 week cruise around the med and found it more than capable tbh. You always have a panaramic option to go wider not that I felt I needed to use it.

Reactions: 4wd
I use my RX100vi almost exclusively when I go abroad on holiday, and it serves me absolutely fine apart from the rare occasions when 200mm zoom isn’t enough, and I’ve never really needed much more at the wide end. But the pluses of size, weight and IQ outweighs any zoom limitation in spades.

This thread seems to gathered a few cobweb.
I took my rx100 m3 back from my daughter yesterday. Took it out with the dog this afternoon and used it for some table top this evenin.
I’d forgotten what a great little camera this is. So much on it.

A Pasm by Skyline:), on Flickr

This thread seems to gathered a few cobweb.
I took my rx100 m3 back from my daughter yesterday. Took it out with the dog this afternoon and used it for some table top this evenin.
I’d forgotten what a great little camera this is. So much on it.

A Pasm by Skyline:), on Flickr
TBH, I forgot about this thread, Dave.
I tend to use the "Sony RX Series United Thread" these days
Cool shot!! (y)

Cracking set of photos. Makes me miss my RX100V that I had, was such a small and convenient camera for every day things.

Cracking set of photos. Makes me miss my RX100V that I had, was such a small and convenient camera for every day things.
I was happy with my phone for snaps until I got this back. Put a smile on my face again on gloomy winter days :)

I was happy with my phone for snaps until I got this back. Put a smile on my face again on gloomy winter days :)
Yeah, I sold the RX100V because I had my phone with me all the time. Yeah it's convenient and all but a phone will never be as good at taking pictures compared to a dedicated camera. Hopefully people with pitchforks won't come after me now after saying that :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I sold the RX100V because I had my phone with me all the time. Yeah it's convenient and all but a phone will never be as good at taking pictures compared to a dedicated camera. Hopefully people with pitchforks won't come after me now after saying that :ROFLMAO:
Everyone’s view will be different. My phone is good for when I don’t have a camera on me. But now I have this little beauty back there’s no excuse not to have a camera on me :snaphappy:

Everyone’s view will be different. My phone is good for when I don’t have a camera on me. But now I have this little beauty back there’s no excuse not to have a camera on me :snaphappy:
Exactly. Don't get me wrong, phone cameras are no slouch. But something about having a physical camera with you that you can use instead of a quick-snapshot with a phone. I've just bought an X100F which will hopefully get me back into taking photos with a camera than my phone and excited to get creative again.

Last edited:
Back