Spitfire 3rd attempt

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Well after 3hrs shooting my 1:72 model Spit and placing fans and backgrounds around it then some photoshopping I can say I am happy with my third go at this bloody addictive type of photography

Spirit of Kent TA805

spit-Copy.jpg

Origilal-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen your earlier ones but this is pretty damn good! I've shown it to three people and they all had to be assured that it was a model. To be fair, my younger daughter (the one with the P P L) said "he's Photoshopped it"!

There seems to be a slight overall pink cast though - is that intentional?

I think I can see why you've spent three hours on it - well done!

that's good, very impressive :)

Thanks Norseman the pink is on the background so for my next one the pink will be gone lol

Apart from seeing where you've cloned out the stand its really good. :)

Try taking an image of the back round first, then insert the plane , take another image.
Use the two together in photoshop as layers, using the eraser you can rub away the stand without causing the marks that cloning leaves.
If you get my drift

I quite like the pink, it gives it that early dawn feeling! :)

:
Yes, that crossed my mind too, hence my query. I just think it's not quite right for that though.

Looked at the photo and printed it off and it seems my monitor needs calibrating thats why it has a pink tinge ....anyone got a calibrator for lends lol(y)

Last edited:
Yes, that crossed my mind too, hence my query. I just think it's not quite right for that though.

You are quite right if it was early sun it would be from either the side or head on yet my expensive lighting (a 60w bulb in the living room) is directly above giving the glare on the canopy and tail so will play with this one tomorrow to get it perfect(y)

DM ...... Very impressive model and the pic looks fantastic.

My father-in-law knows the builder and pilot of this plane so I have had the chance to photograph this close up. If you don't mind me adding some pics to your thread to show how well your model has been done .... against the real thing. (y) let me know.

Paul

Having seen the the earlier shots of the Spitfire it was not obvious as to what you were trying to achieve.. now seeing this I have to say I'm well impressed, well done. A relatively simple tweak with the colour balance should adress the pinkish problem.

DM ...... Very impressive model and the pic looks fantastic.

My father-in-law knows the builder and pilot of this plane so I have had the chance to photograph this close up. If you don't mind me adding some pics to your thread to show how well your model has been done .... against the real thing. (y) let me know.

Paul

Please by all means the Kent Spitfire trust is a fantastic charity which we support mate (y)

My Pics don't justify this amazing plane (I was shaking so much with excitment) ... but here goes.

2770178763_99c78963a2_o.jpg

2770179065_51bc55bf1e_o.jpg

2771025988_e029803c50_o.jpg

Paul

No probs .... just some background to the pics.

All taken on the same day #1 was from a hill in Kent and was a personal flyby for my father-in-law's 60th. #2 & #3 were afterwards where we met the pilot and my father-in-law was given permission to sit in the cockpit.....awesome day and the sun was out.

No probs .... just some background to the pics.

All taken on the same day #1 was from a hill in Kent and was a personal flyby for my father-in-law's 60th. #2 & #3 were afterwards where we met the pilot and my father-in-law was given permission to sit in the cockpit.....awesome day and the sun was out.

What an Honour:clap:

DM. I have not looked at your earlier attempts but this is great. I must confess that the slight pink cast adds to the shot for me.

Nicely done DM,think the colour adds to the effect imo (y)
Do like a Spitfire,have a large print of a Mk 5B from 243 Squadron on the wall

DM. I have not looked at your earlier attempts but this is great. I must confess that the slight pink cast adds to the shot for me.

This seems to be what most people are saying so I think I will keep this as is even though its a slight misjudgement on my behalf as the light does come from above but still I am not the judge here (y)

hmmm not on my monitor it doesnt ? does anybody else see it ? i may have to re do the calibration :)

I just went intp photoshop, chose adjust levels and chose the white dropper, and selected a cloud as they are supposed to be white, so it moved the white balance to the correct point, it might need desaturatiing a little now though.

hmmm not on my monitor it doesnt ? does anybody else see it ? i may have to re do the calibration :)

I just went intp photoshop, chose adjust levels and chose the white dropper, and selected a cloud as they are supposed to be white, so it moved the white balance to the correct point, it might need desaturatiing a little now though.

The sky looks ok but the plane is yellow to my eyes too. Like you say, maybe a little less saturation.

Cheers Ian but would you say the pink was all over the photo or just the background?

Great shots, great thread.

Starting to look underexposed now but as you say the pink has gone but more light ...it did start as a sunny morning lol

Starting to look underexposed now but as you say the pink has gone but more light ...it did start as a sunny morning lol

LOL if you use photoshop, go Image > Adjustments > Levels, choose the white dropper tool, and select the whitest cloud, it should sort the pink tinge out, then you might have to play with saturation and levels again to get the exposure right. BUt at least the white balance should get sorted. If the background has some pink in it, it could be throwing the metering off a bit maybe ?

Back