Star photograghy

Edit My Images
No
Wondering if anyone knows of any places around the midlands where there is little light pollution & nice views?

I recently stopped at riviera bay holiday park in brixham & took some nice shot if you ever stay down that area on holidays

Nowhere dark left in the Midlands. Mid Wales is where I go........

WalesLightPollutionMap.jpg~original

SummerMilkyWayDylife1.jpg~original

SummerMilkyWayDylife2.jpg~original

Great photos, how did you post your photos on here I can't do as I'd post my first attempts to show you. Cheers for sharing info too

Just saw your last post.
I upload forum sized jpegs here for threads.

Code:
http://postimage.org/

Gaz

....or use a tracking mount. Then the real fun can start!
_DSF8218_19_20_21_22_tonemapped_noels_1024_zpse8f1cac7.jpg

Yes, that is fantastic. But it wouldn't work with landscape elements unless you do a composite (worth a go if you can!)

i did some milky way shots a while back when out in snowdonia national park. i forget exactly where i was but kept driving til i was far from any major cities or light and dipped into valleys. I was quite impressed with how good it was there, for milky way shots and for star shots in general. very very very dark. in comparison i went to exmoor a few months after this which is supposed to be great for seeing stars, and it wasn't anywhere near as dark or as good.

Worth going in the day finding a spot you like then setting up and waiting til pitch black :D you'll know you're in a good spot when you don't see a car come by for a good few hours.

Back