stonehenge sunset....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
here's a couple of shots i took on sunday...making the most of an opportunity whilst visiting my daughter who lives 10 mins away.unfortunately,visiting inside the fenced area ends at 4pm,and sunset was at 4.16pm,so i had to shoot over the fence which is 6ft high,so these are taken with the tripod at maximum height with the centre column fully extended...made for great fun composing/manual focussing with me being 5'11" tall...:LOL:

stonehengesunsetcopy.jpg

stonehengesunset2.jpg

thanks for looking

C+C welcome....

Great captures!

I think stonehenge is a fantastic subject and hope to get there and take a few of my own soon - great shots :)

Very nice shots.I visited Stonehenge in 1964 when staying in Aymsebury,and it had an atmosphere of its own.That is why I prefer the dark moody silhouette version.It suits the subject.

would be chuffed with them, defintie canvas material, really calming (y)

Like them both a lot, but No 2 just pips it.

Andy

Both great atmospheric shots!
No.2 is just a tad more.

cheers paddy (y)

Really nice, think i like No2 better as well

cheers northstar (y)

Fantatsic Captures

Kirk

cheers kirk (y)

Great captures!

cheers andy (y)

I think stonehenge is a fantastic subject and hope to get there and take a few of my own soon - great shots

cheers mereology...it is a great subject,but a very busy place with the visitors during opening times...

Very nice shots.I visited Stonehenge in 1964 when staying in Aymsebury,and it had an atmosphere of its own.That is why I prefer the dark moody silhouette version.It suits the subject.

cheers jack...it certainly has it's own atmosphere,and i hope to visit again in the near future

would be chuffed with them, defintie canvas material, really calming

cheers steve...appreciate your kind comments.

Like them both a lot, but No 2 just pips it.

Andy
cheers andy...

Lovely, Mr Jones.

#2 being my favourite.

cheers mark...

#2, like it alot, i have gone there and photographed it a few times now, got some nice one aswel, find it different everytime, Lot of people get sick of pictures of stonehenge because they think they are always the same, but i dont think they are right, its what the weathers like that day that makes the photo, and the colours here have been captured well

Lovely atmosphere you have captured in them shots.
Will follow suit and say two is my favorite of the 2. Love the added orange in the sky, plus the hint of definition in the foreground.

#2, like it alot, i have gone there and photographed it a few times now, got some nice one aswel, find it different everytime, Lot of people get sick of pictures of stonehenge because they think they are always the same, but i dont think they are right, its what the weathers like that day that makes the photo, and the colours here have been captured well

thanks john....i'll hopefully capture it in daylight with some nice cloud formation,but the biggest problem will be getting around the hoardes/cloning them all out :LOL:

Lovely atmosphere you have captured in them shots.
Will follow suit and say two is my favorite of the 2. Love the added orange in the sky, plus the hint of definition in the foreground.

thanks rikki..appreciate your comments (y)

2 nice photos, wold be 1 for me, think the shot has more atmospher in line with the subect.

Looks like most people prefer #2 but I prefer #1....... the silhouette of an iconic landscape.... brilliant

Back