Street Challenge: Finished. 340+ Images :)

and its off to a good start, and follows on nicely from garys previous post(y)

(y) I thought it as going to be on a different thread

We can produce a thread once all the entries are in, with the name under each photo. 10 photos, 1 post. 20 photos, 2 posts etc. Then we have a nice tidy thread, for the rest of the users to comment on, we could even do a mini vote :D

If anyone wants to see my practise shots so far (I have 3), check the latest on:
www.flickr.com/scottishsnaps - warning, they are pants - but I will improve, so watch out :D

Gary.

ANd just to add pressure, they can go in new thread in the order added here :D Jaco has first slot!

Who next ;) ? :D

Gary.

Hell Gary that link to rules is like reading War & Peace.
I'm in ... but any chance of simplifying rules for lazy assed reader like myself.

The rules:

Go out, capture a "Street Photograph", using any means at your disposal :) Post here before Midnight Sunday :)

Any camera. any lens, anything you consider to be "street"...

Gary.

Oh yeah post this the week AFTER I have a weekend of street photography :(

No buggers to photograph around here! Would have to wait a few days for someone to walk past, grrrrr

Lol I was bit of a nervous wreck this morning trying this I felt so nervy I got a good one of a couple kissing but was so quick taking it it was all oof :( Didnt help not a lot of people about i felt kind of exposed but was happy to get at least one semi decent shot :).Dont think I could be a real pap they must have nerves of steel lol.

Lol I was bit of a nervous wreck this morning trying this I felt so nervy I got a good one of a couple kissing but was so quick taking it it was all oof :( Didnt help not a lot of people about i felt kind of exposed but was happy to get at least one semi decent shot :).Dont think I could be a real pap they must have nerves of steel lol.

David lets go for a wander soon. You need a fast shutter speed, 100+. It may require an ISO hike etc. Noise is fine in Street Images, in my opinion.

Gary.

I got some in today. All on flickr with todays exif. Not bad. All in my 'street' style if there is such a thing. Not just people too, just things that make a decent photo. D3, 24-70 and 85mm. Here you go -

Model children.

3116732274_acc90b9de9.jpg

Look East young man.

3115904419_d1196ec640.jpg

Black and white day.

3115901407_1632dc0747.jpg

One man and a dog.

3116726654_49da0674bd.jpg

Everything must go.

3116708588_470729815d.jpg

The origin of symmetry.

3115890407_71166cabe8.jpg

Patents pending a purchase.

3116714092_0322a8f5e7.jpg

Sarah Connor...?

3116735802_876f66398b.jpg

A moment of clarity.

3116720536_5c35ca3714.jpg

It came from within.

3116712972_7e14abc965.jpg

I got some in today. All on flickr with todays exif. Not bad. All in my 'street' style if there is such a thing. Not just people too, just things that make a decent photo. D3, 24-70 and 85mm.

Wow, you ******* :) ALL AWESOME!!! God damn exif stripper too !

Manchester tomorrow evening, I'm going to give it a go

ETA and if I do well enough I'm going to buy myself a present :D 24-70 & D700. Just so there is something to aim for ;)

Does anyone know how to change the dates in the exif info......

Bugger wrong forum.......

Thats blown it will have to take new ones for the challenge

Kayjay, I love the 2nd. And thanks for posting, it has enlightened me. I was worried about a shout I took earlier, of a "blurry" cyclist. I hated it for the slight movement. Others like it. I didnt understand why. Now I do :)

Gary.

Cheers Gary. And thanks for starting this challenge.

It's an interesting thing, I quite like how it turned out but I was trying to get into a position to take the shot before he disappeared. My panning skills are not the best lol.

I got some in today. All on flickr with todays exif. Not bad. All in my 'street' style if there is such a thing. Not just people too, just things that make a decent photo. D3, 24-70 and 85mm. Here you go -

Model children.

3116732274_acc90b9de9.jpg

Look East young man.

3115904419_d1196ec640.jpg

Black and white day.

3115901407_1632dc0747.jpg

It came from within.

3116712972_7e14abc965.jpg

Of those these are my favourites. The others are good but these ones really stood out for me. All very sharp. The first image reminds me of a very old Dr Who episode where these mannequins come to life.

I like the second one because he looks almost as if he doesn't have a care in the world, very relaxed perhaps? And the DoF and bokeh in the background gives it a very city feel.

The third one could almost be a catalog shot. That 4th one is just eye candy :)

Both very good imo. Very Pete Carr.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. That gave me a good feeling inside :D

wish i had the balls to go shooting in town on saturday, just dont think id be comfortable.

You could always take someone with you for a bit of support? I think you need to give it a try at least once, you might find that once you get past that initial stage of bringing your camera out of your bag you'll find yourself snapping here and there.

The rules:

Go out, capture a "Street Photograph", using any means at your disposal :) Post here before Midnight Sunday :)

Any camera. any lens, anything you consider to be "street"...

Gary.

Doesn't anybody have a ****ing job on this forum.
Does "by any means" include film, if so Sunday is a non runner, if not that's discriminatory...:LOL:
Dark in the morning, dark at night, work during the week, that leaves the last Saturday before ****ing Chrismas to shoot street with a film camera, and get it processed, scanned/posted for Sunday.
Some of you student/layabout/workshy digital nonces need a swift kick up the reality checkers........:LOL:

*runs off to waste 6 frames of colour slide to make room for a roll of home processable b/w*

:D

Oh god, after seeing whats come in already I'm even more scared. I hope I can come up with something even half as good.

There's some cracking stuff here - superb thread, Gary. I don't think there's been a bad shot posted yet

OK, dunno if these are 'street', but I had a stab.

Met up with LukeWoodford in the big smoke today and had a wander around :

img_4499.jpg

img_4547.jpg

img_4612.jpg

img_4620.jpg

img_4707.jpg

img_4751.jpg

img_4776.jpg

img_4698.jpg

img_4933.jpg

img_4966.jpg

Back