Street Challenge: Finished. 340+ Images :)

and Luke getting in peoples faces ...

img_4819.jpg

Cookin 'ell. Some excellent shots already from all!

Weddinghack, is there any area of photography you are crap at? :LOL: All of those are brilliant! I love the one of the two in the train taking your shot :D Very inspirational stuff :clap:

Doesn't anybody have a ****ing job on this forum.
Does "by any means" include film, if so Sunday is a non runner, if not that's discriminatory...:LOL:
Dark in the morning, dark at night, work during the week, that leaves the last Saturday before ****ing Chrismas to shoot street with a film camera, and get it processed, scanned/posted for Sunday.
Some of you student/layabout/workshy digital nonces need a swift kick up the reality checkers........:LOL:

*runs off to waste 6 frames of colour slide to make room for a roll of home processable b/w*

:D

AH but the beauty of Film :)

Wouldn't have a clue if it's 'street', but some cracking shots from Duncan! Love the fingers up the nose in #2, and #5 is superb!

Oh gawd, I feel intimidated. These shots are awesome! Duncan, I love the one of the guy reading the paper on the tube train. (y)

Some of these are excellent probally the best in here so far (y) I really like six that girls expression is unforgettable! 5 is also a cracker!

OK, I'm in (plumbing issues permitting, bathroom pipework exploded) its going to be an interesting weekend.

Andy

Thanks for all the comments, glad you liked them, it was more fun than I expected.

A few more from yesterday - these and the previous ones all shot with the 5DMKii and 35 1.4

img_4527.jpg

img_4562.jpg

img_4568.jpg

img_4572.jpg

img_4604.jpg

img_4662.jpg

img_4729.jpg

img_4786.jpg

img_4825.jpg

img_4939.jpg

The force is strong in this thread. Lunch time wander methinks.

@WeddingHack, are those all shot with the 5d mkII ? Regardless of camera, the majority of those shots are great.

Yep, all 5DMKii & 35 1.4

I love No 18, the one with the elephant, well spotted and brilliantly shot. Made me smile. :)

WeddingHack is now the one to beat I think, and beat hard! I hope :( Ha ha.

Duncan,

Serious question. Have you done street before, and if not, have you surprised yourself a little? And once this thread is done and dusted, can you see yourself doing some more?

Did you enjoy it?

Gary.

Gary, no I've not done any street before, other than the occasional lens / camera test, but never looking for shots in the way I was yesterday.

Whenever I'm on holiday / away I suppose I go into street mode more as I always have a camera on me and shoot all kinds of random stuff.

I think probably one of the hardest element of street work are the concerns about shooting people in close, worrying about being caught, etc. I've had a lot of that beaten out of me shooting weddings so I felt quite comfortable yesterday. What I shot on the street isn't so different to what I shoot at a wedding.

I did enjoy it, and I'll probably do it more often now.

Gary, no I've not done any street before, other than the occasional lens / camera test, but never looking for shots in the way I was yesterday.

Whenever I'm on holiday / away I suppose I go into street mode more as I always have a camera on me and shoot all kinds of random stuff.

I think probably one of the hardest element of street work are the concerns about shooting people in close, worrying about being caught, etc. I've had a lot of that beaten out of me shooting weddings so I felt quite comfortable yesterday. What I shot on the street isn't so different to what I shoot at a wedding.

I did enjoy it, and I'll probably do it more often now.

Excellent, good choice :D This thread just gets better, I am so looking forward to yout next set, and you have set a level I aspire to match one day.

Excellent, good choice :D This thread just gets better, I am so looking forward to yout next set, and you have set a level I aspire to match one day.

In his first go too! But judging from his style I guess he does documentary wedding photography more so than posed? Really good shots WH.

Wow WeddingHack. Just wow! no. 6 could be a Magnum shot. Some superb street stuff from you!!

Can I get some tips regarding focussing based on Luke in the shot above please? What I want to know is, do you...

a. Use Servo AF so that the subject remains in focus as they get closer?

b. Use single shot AF and walk backwards so as to keep the distance the same?

c. Use Servo AF, walk backwards to reduce the work done by the lens, and fire off a series of shots hoping one will come out ok?

d. None of the above?

Personally I like to keep the shutter speed high enough not to use Servo, and shoot single shot. But servo if required. If you start walking backwards you're more likely to be noticed I would have thought.

Back