Syrupy abstracts!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Macro abstracts created with golden syrup, a bit of food dye and some creative lighting, hopefully they will fire your imagination ;) Minimal PP on these apart from a sharpen, levels tweak etc:

4372366311_354476b8e6.jpg

Bigger

4385181955_34803bf2a6.jpg

Bigger

4354116552_6d00c2c2d5.jpg

Bigger

4353367977_aa8b0878b2.jpg

Bigger

Best wishes

Carl

i love them!!!
whats the set up with them? i really like the second one xx

Cheers Jo, the 2nd shot is created using my bubble tank: Click Here Basically filled 1/2 way with golden syrup, strong diffuse backlight (I used a piece of white card to reflect the light from an old desk lamp) and just mix some black food dye into the syrup using a long thin stick. The dye doesn't mix with the syrup very well and creates the beautiful smokey structures, the strong backlight washes the colour out of the syrup if you slightly over-expose the shot!

1,3 and 4 are made in petri dishes (any shallow transparent container will do), just play around with thin layers of syrup mixed with food dye for all the various effects. For lighting I use a home made light table consisting of an old sandwich box with an energy saving bulb mounted inside!!

Looking really good Carl. Like the last one, almost looks like patterns in sand.

Thnaks Paul, reminds me of lava!!

Back