TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 21/22

Good job I checked, one had turned red and is now out of action [Dier for Spurs] he was only a bench warmer but still, never know who else will drop and might need the subs

Becoming a flaming lottery this is. Just heard arsenal vs spurs is not off!!!

Becoming a flaming lottery this is. Just heard arsenal vs spurs is not off!!!

Yeah I got stung on that, at last minute yesterday eve I checked footy news and it looked like that game would be cancelled. So I switch out my Spurs players which messed up my team, brough back dopeynaldo in place of Kane [no doubt Kane will bang in a couple now!] as it was announced earlier in the week that he would be fit to play - I had Lloris and Reguilon too. Couldn't chance not having 3 players who were due to have a double week. Oh well, it is what it is ... wasn't so bad as I brought in Coady, only the one game but he's got 8pts from it also switched to the Wolves keeper who got 5. It will royally p*** me off if Kane performs well though as he is actually still on my team, just not this week as I've used the free hit

Last edited:
The Arsenal v Spurs game could be a mixed blessing for me, I have Kane as my Captain, so lost points for one game, but I have Saka and Martinelli on the bench ahead of Gallagher, who will now come in for Diaz, who didn't play, and so I'll get 9 points for him. :)

The Arsenal v Spurs game could be a mixed blessing for me, I have Kane as my Captain, so lost points for one game, but I have Saka and Martinelli on the bench ahead of Gallagher, who will now come in for Diaz, who didn't play, and so I'll get 9 points for him. :)

For me, it can swing a couple ways, at worst I should get at least 5 from the bench replacing Ronaldo [unless he play vs Brentford] - would rather he play and perform but hey ... that's never a guarantee either. I have Madisson to go vs Spurs and unless he does something I'd be better to have Laporte come off the bench with his 7pts

Sure it wouldn't be exciting if I didn't have close calls each round ...

Currently losing by 2pts in the H2H, opponent has one player to go Vs United - I have Ronnie-no-show who may or may not play and failing that I have some points on the bench - IF Maddison either plays and does well OR if he doesn't and it falls to the next in line and hope that Jansson does muck Vs Utd ... worst case Maddison plays and gets a fat zero, or Ronnie does similar

Easy peasey

[edit] that went well :rolleyes: FU Ronaldo, won't be picking you again you snot head :ROFLMAO: Any one of my bench warmers would have clinched it for me

Last edited:
There's been changes towards the top of the league. Banished to Riyadh(64) are still top, and extend their lead to 52 points ahead of not horspath hounds(34), but Penfold's Dangermice(55) who move up ahead in to 2nd. New Oak Utd(54) move from 4th > 5th, replaced by me. :D As I got the highest score of the week with 77 points. :banana:

Average points for the week was a quite high 51.

There is a game tomorrow, so the deadline for making changes is Fri 21 Jan @18:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW22
1642705128398.png

It's getting more difficult each week. It's turned into hunt the fit player whos actually going to get picked. You filter players for double game weeks and they get rested for one of the games.
Don't start me on the African cup of nations. Aaarrggh!

The top of the table clash between top two, Penfold's Dangermice and Banished to Riyadh went to the latter 51-64, and so Penfold's Dangermice's lead is down to 4 points. tarric tots beat New Oak Utd in a very close 55-54 to move up into 3rd, 5 points behind Banished to Riyadh. horspath hounds fall to 4th after losing to WHITS VILLANS 34-50. I stay in 5th, now two points behind after beating ABCDE FC 77-29. :)

TP H2H League Table GW22
1642706603034.png

TP H2H League Results GW22
1642706620916.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW23
1642706652330.png

I've kinda given up in the H2H, lost too many on the trot to catch up now, will just concentrate on the league and if I get wins, bonus.

ARE YOU F'ING SHEEEEETING ME???? I decide to make Dennis Captain, because he's the only player I have with 2 games ... gets a red card! :banghead:

So I start -2 ... on top of transfer costs, wonderful - GG whoever faces me in the H2H this week I guess

Last edited:
ARE YOU F'ING SHEEEEETING ME???? I decide to make Dennis Captain, because he's the only player I have with 2 games ... gets a red card! :banghead:

So I start -2 ... on top of transfer costs, wonderful - GG whoever faces me in the H2H this week I guess
I feel your pain I did the same thought he was a shoe-in against Norwich, the sooner the CAF finishes the better.

Well done, you are catching us up
It won't last, but I am enjoying getting a bit closer to the top atm. ;) Considering I was 14th on week 2. and 12th on week 7, I'm happy to be so high. :)

Btw, I think some players having seemingly given up, judging by the lack of changes in some squads takes a bit of the gloss off sadly. :(

Last edited:
It won't last, but I am enjoying getting a bit closer to the top atm. ;) Considering I was 14th on week 2. and 12th on week 7, I'm happy to be so high. :)

Btw, I think some players having seemingly given up, judging by the lack of changes in some squads takes a bit of the gloss off sadly. :(
You are the equal highest scorer so far this week with 0. Most of the rest of us had Dennis as captain who got sent off. So much for the double game week

Snap.

Well my woe continues, in keeping with others Dennis captain-2, and as i had foster as my reserve keeper and he had two games, yes put him in, what happens he lets in 3 against Norwich!!!!, no points!

This happened in the league we had for work, only started with 5 teams and it's just me and one other keeping it up :/ [completely diff team in that one and I'm at least 1st :D ]

I'm -1 atm, yay :ROFLMAO:

OMG, :oops: :$ this could be a very low scoring gameweek for many. I know there is still one game to go next Saturday, but not many have Burnley and Watford players. A few do have Dennis, but after his sending off, no points for that 2nd game for him.

OMG, :oops: :$ this could be a very low scoring gameweek for many. I know there is still one game to go next Saturday, but not many have Burnley and Watford players. A few do have Dennis, but after his sending off, no points for that 2nd game for him.

Yeah, hate these extended game weeks, so anticlimactic. Such a dull game to have to wait for too. Looks like most of us had Dennis bar two of you that I can see. I think I'm getting rid of him either way for that reason, also he's not done bugger all since I bought him

Last edited:
Yeah, hate these extended game weeks, so anticlimactic. Such a dull game to have to wait for too. Looks like most of us had Dennis bar two of you that I can see. I think I'm getting rid of him either way for that reason, also he's not done bugger all since I bought him
Same for me as well. Taking a right tonking this week as well, but I suspect that was well overdue considering how I've ridden my luck during the covid postponements.

Back to normal this week, deadline is Tues 18:15pm, another full round then at the weekend

So this gameweek is finally over. :rolleyes: :banghead:

After all the wait, it turns out that this game week is a quite a low scoring week. The Burnley v Watford game unsurprisingly made little difference to most. ;) The top two remain the same, Banished to Riyadh(22) in 1st place, and Penfold's Dangermice(23) 2nd. There is a new 3rd place, as I :) had a comparatively good week, with 39 points, and move one point ahead of horspath hounds(22), who drop to 4th.

New Oak Utd, who were highest scorer of the week, with 40 points, :clap: and stay in 5th place. And everyone else stays in the same positions.

Average points for the week was 35.

The deadline for making changes is Tue 8th Feb @18:15.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW23
1644173602353.png

The top 3 in the Head 2 Head league lost their games, but retain their positions. The leader, Penfold's Dangermice, lost 23-32 against Mrs Smith's Boys, but stay 4 points ahead of Banished to Riyadh, who lost their H2H against WHITS VILLANS 22-28. Banished to Riyadh are still 5 points ahead of tarric tots, as they were beaten 25-35 by Woody's Wonders.

I move up to 4th after winning my H2H with Amber Army 39-32, and have 36 points, as do Mrs Smith's Boys after their win, who move up to 5th. horspath hounds drop from 4th-6th after losing their H2H with ABCDE FC 22-27, but are just one point behind Mrs Smith's Boys and myself.

TP H2H League Table GW23
1644175029431.png

TP H2H League Results GW23
1644175048772.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW24
1644175071672.png

Dang it! the one round I would have beaten anyone I get matched with bottom of the H2H! :D [who would have beaten a few of you btw!] - still 3 pts, but would have been sweeter to beat one of the top 3

Compared to a quite stagnant league last week, with few changes of position, this week is a lot different. Banished to Riyadh(43) remain top, though I suspect they may no longer be actively playing the game :(, but we have a new 2nd place as New Oak Utd use their Bench Boost to get a massive 104 :oops: :$ to move from 5th > 2nd. They are now just 27 points from top. horspath hounds(73) move from 4th > 3rd, and are just 10 points behind New Oak Utd. Penfold's Dangermice(53) drop from 2nd > 4th, just 4 points behind horspath hounds. With 63 points I fall from 3rd > 5th, just 1 point behind Penfold's Dangermice. Positions 11 - 14 swapped places about too. :)

It is all getting congested at the top, when for a long time it seemed like it was going to be a one or two horse race. :)

Highest scorer of the wee was New Oak Utd with 104 points. :clap:

Average points score for the week was 50

Games start again on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 12th Feb @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW24
1644582552132.png

Penfold's Dangermice increase their lead at the top of the Head 2 Head league to 7 points ahead of Banished to Riyadh, after winning their H2H against Amber Army 53-39. Banished to Riyadh were beaten by Mrs Smith's Boys 51-43. tarric tots won their H2H with horspath hounds 76-69, and stay in 3rd, 8 points behind. I stay in 4th, 1 point behind, after beating Hazy Dave 63-36. After their win against Banished to Riyadh, Mrs Smith's Boys stay in 5th, on the same points as me.

TP H2H League Table GW24
1644583220155.png

TP H2H League Results GW24
1644583242052.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW25
1644583261514.png

I had my plans for changes set in my mind until Martinelli went and got sent off for the bizarre situation of getting 2x yellow cards in the same passage of play, which I don't think I have seen before. :oops: :$ :thinking: They were both deserved though, and this could be the consequence more often when the Ref lets the game play on after a foul. If a player is then stupid enough to go and foul again, what option does the Ref have!

I think I may have to go over my permitted two free transfers for this week and incur some docked points. :rolleyes: Time to work it all out. ;)

I used the bench boost as I think it was the first time in a long while that all of my players inc bench were fit and ready to go. Worked out not too shabby :) but I have decided Kane has to go, made him captain a couple times now and it's just such a waste of funds. I have made 2 changes, using the one free and -4pts But I feel this time I gave myself enough of a cushion last round for it not to matter.

I got Kane in to replace Salah while he was away, and he was pretty disappointing. After his moving or not saga over last summer, his form, like Spurs, has been poor and patchy. :rolleyes: I've also been affected by Chel$ki being away on the World Club Cup, and the two of their players I have, I have worked around because I wanted to keep them, and changing would have cost me transfer deductions, for lesser players. I've had to take a -4 point deduction to make the changes I wanted, which is not too bad.

Compared to a quite stagnant league last week, with few changes of position, this week is a lot different. Banished to Riyadh(43) remain top, though I suspect they may no longer be actively playing the game :(

Still playing; just badly. As you say it’s no longer a two horse race which makes it more interesting. Too late this week to make any changes as well

I got Kane in to replace Salah while he was away, and he was pretty disappointing. After his moving or not saga over last summer, his form, like Spurs, has been poor and patchy. :rolleyes: I've also been affected by Chel$ki being away on the World Club Cup, and the two of their players I have, I have worked around because I wanted to keep them, and changing would have cost me transfer deductions, for lesser players. I've had to take a -4 point deduction to make the changes I wanted, which is not too bad.

That was a couple of changes I made, offed my Chelsea defenders - can always buy them back - I ended up making 3 changes this week, another -8 I know but looking at the longer run I think it was worth

Still playing; just badly. As you say it’s no longer a two horse race which makes it more interesting. Too late this week to make any changes as well

Keep doing that, let us catch up some more ;):p

Looking at the top bunch in the league seems nobody took the chance on Utd players even though they have a double week - I didn't either, so many thrash players they have atm

Last edited:
Glad you're still doing it. :)

I know all about playing badly. :( :rolleyes: Thankfully in recent weeks I've hit a bit of form. :) Everyone coming together adds a bit of interest at the top. Though I suspect you may get your mojo back and distance everyone again. :D

I didn't even notice Utd had two games, or Brighton either. :oops: :$

Long ago given up on Utd players. They are Jekyll and Hyde in the same game, never mind over two games. :rolleyes: The one you thought you could rely on for goals, Ronaldo, hasn't scored for 5 games! Up until today at least. His longest period of not scoring for 12 years! :eek:

I gave up on Ronnie a long time back, Salah too, now Kane - 12m+ is just too much for any player unless they're way out performing the standard 6-7m guys

Aaaand there it is ... back to a sh**ty round, none of my 3 City players on the pitch :rolleyes:

I got lulled into Pep Guardiola keeping a settled back 4 for quite a few games, and so he then dropped 2 of my 3 Cit€h players. :oops: :$ :rolleyes: :banghead: The one that played Dias, got 10 points. :rolleyes:

I thought I was going to have an awful points score compared to others, as I only had one eligible player left on the bench, so will be short points from one player. Looking at a few others though, I don't think I will do that bad. There is one game still to play though. ;)

I have 6pts to come from the bench which at least will make up for most of the 8pts I owe for transfers :/ I have one player left to go, Maupay in his second game Vs Utd, so not expecting much there.

Back