TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

Klopp Klopp Boom(128) have virtually won the TalkPhotography FFL 23/24, having now a 93 point lead ahead of Onana what's my name(142) with one gameweek to go. One more week to confirm the TalkPhotography double. ;) :LOL:

Thanks, it's all come together the last couple of months, after a rocky start to the season. I'm hoping for a 3.5k jump in places in the last week to break into the top 50k overall which I'd consider a very good season (i start off aiming for top 100k)

I guess it would be nice to outscore Onana by 7 points too....

Sorry for the delay.

For the final gameweek, the top five positions remained the same as the previous week.

Klopp Klopp Boom(67) have officially won the TalkPhotography FFL 23/24. :clap: :clap: :clap: And now also confirm the double, winning the standard and Head2head leagues. :banana: :banana: :banana:

They won with a margin of 98 points from Onana what's my name(62) in 2nd place. 33 points behind in 3rd place are Woodys Wonders(63). A further 20 points behind were Amber Army(67). In 5th position was Banished to Riyadh(76) who were 14 points behind Amber Army.

With those 76 points, Banished to Riyadh were the highest scorer of the week. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 52.

Final TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 Table, GW38
1716418945961.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, leader(and already confirmed winner) Klopp Klopp Boom, lost their final Head2Head with Banished to Riyadh 67-76. 2nd placed Onana what's my name won their H2H with Biggin Bangers 62-45, and finish 8 points behind the winner.

With their win against Klopp Klopp Boom, Banished to Riyadh in 3rd, remained 5 points behind Onana what's my name.

4th placed Woodys Wonders beat WIRE TOWN 63-41, and finish 4 points behind Banished to Riyadh.

Medway United moved up into 5th place in this last gameweek, after winning their H2H with horspath hounds 68-42, and Dorchtog moving up to 6th, on equal points, after beating me 66-39. They finish 3 points behind Woodys Wonders.

They both move up a position as Amber Army lost their H2H with Hardly Athletic 72-67, and drop 2 places to 7th.

Final TP H2H Table GW38
1716421347980.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW38
1716421361378.jpeg

I finished the Fantasy Football season with my highest point total ever since I started in 2009/10, with 2243 points. :)

That was OK for position 1,640,987 out of 10,905,021. Despite my highest score, that is nowhere near my highest ever finish, which was 125,066 in 2015/16, with 2139 points. :oops: :$

It has certainly been a roller-coaster ride, with being as high as 2nd for a couple of weeks, but finishing 8th.

In the Head2head league there has been even more disappointment and finishing 11th after being as high as 4th. :( :rolleyes:

Despite all the ups and downs I have enjoyed it again. Being part of a league certainly adds to the enjoyment for me. :)

I'm not sure how many were actively playing throughout the season, but thanks to everyone who joined and took part this year. :clap:

Hope to see most, if not all, come back for season 2024/25.

A special thanks to all those who have contributed to the thread over the season. I always hope for more interaction amongst us all, but am appreciative to those who posted here beyond the initial joining post, as again, it adds to the interest and enjoyment of playing the game over the many months, when personal results in the game may not be encouraging. :( ;)

Certainly was a roller-coaster for me too. In gw 33 I was 700k then got 446 points in the last 5 weeks by very fortunate use of my remaining chips, one of which I had forgotten about. I needed 153 from the last two game weeks, one of which was a double, to beat my previous best points tally. I got 194 and ended up just outside the top 150k overall position

I'll be joining up next year.

Thanks redhed for running the league and the weekly updates, I do the same for a work league and don't put in half as much effort as you, so appreciate the time that you put into it.

I narrowly missed out on top 50k, but did win my mini leagues so all good. The winnings from my work league are funding a new fishing rod!
The only problem is I'll now have to retire the name Klopp Klopp Boom, and replace it with something Slot related for next year!

Back