TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

I blew my bench boost, turned out not very good [6pts], it was a little better up until Newcastle scored [Vicario was on a CS]

I had Salah as my VC too, which is what helped push me up 2 places in the league. I'm still surprised that Salah is pretty much a differential, I checked a bunch of teams to see did they all have him as VC, and very few actually did

What to do with Haaland indeed, I imagine a very high % of the playerbase have the same issue, I won't be making any moves until Friday - selling him on even temperarilly could boost a lot of squads. I could bring in some top MF and another striker and have 3-4m in the bank to help bring him back when fit

Last edited:
Absolute disaster week!

I've already shipped Haaland out, to beat last night's price rise on Watkins. He'll be gone from my team for three weeks.
I think it's worth the risk of him playing this week. Then city don't have a game the week after, so no problem not having him. The week after that, Salah will be my captain anyway due to the fixtures, so less stress about not having Haaland. Then he comes back after that, probably for Darwin and keep Watkins...

Last edited:
Got my transfers done there, because I know I'll forget Fri eve - no real surprising changes for me, my team have been pretty solid recently but had that red and orange to sort

Not looking good.
Alfie Haaland has raised fears Erling Haaland is set for an extended spell on the sidelines after selling his son on Fantasy Premier League. Haaland's brother Astor and girlfriend Isabel Haugseng Johansen also followed suit.

Argh! I picked up another yellow and now have a red GK too, but should still have a full squad in play *fingers crossed*

Also good job I did check in, I just brought in Son and somehow he ended up last on my bench! :ROFLMAO: - sorted now, Gordon is a yellow but I'll put him first on the bench as the other 2 are now defenders and should auto replce any def that doesn't show anyway. I did shift Haaland for now, brought in Solanke and Son [Haaland and Luiz, who was in the red] and have a healthy 3.4m in the bank, so -4 here too but hopefully that gets negated pretty quick

Last edited:
I have two as red, and one as dark orange, which is Haaland. Seems Pep's message hasn't got thought to the FF site.

Trippier and Douglas Luiz are not back till 23rd and 22nd. It would cost 8 points to have changed them this week, or 4 points next week. I don't think it would be worth losing all the points to change Haaland unless it is confirmed he would be out for a long time.

I will hopefully have a full team to play if they all play minus the three above. :)

Son was a meh, but at least Vicario got a CS to make up for. I'm a little bit happy that Haaland is out for now tbh, it'll shake things up a bit, and y'know we'll all jump to buy him back soon as he's fit again, so be wary on the spends between!

Amber Army(61) increased their lead at the to 35 points ahead of Woodys Wonders(38).

Medway United(28) stay in 3rd, but are now 13 points behind 2nd place. Klopp Klopp Boom(56) remain in 4th, bit are on equal points with Medway United.

New Oak Utd(64) are still in 5th, putting more distance from me(36) in 6th.

Highest points scorer for the week was Onana what's my name with 66. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 40.

The pre Christmas games are over four days. The deadline for making changes is Thu 21st Dec @18:30.

There is a notice on the FF site which says;

Gameweek 17 will remain open after the conclusion of Sunday’s matches. More information will follow in due course.

Not sure what that is about. :thinking:

Edit. popcorn has posted below that decisions about how to handle the abandoned Luton v Bournemouth match, and how the points will be awarded for players who may be automatically subbed in players teams, which it seems they all been done yet, even though it says 'Updated' on the FF site. These two posts may need to be changed. :rolleyes:

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW17
1703007424922.jpeg

Last edited:
The week hasn't closed because of the abandoned Luton Bournemouth game. So automatic subs haven't yet been added (I'll gain another 8 points). They are waiting on a premier league announcement regarding if the game will be replayed at a later date or not. If it is, the points from the abandoned game will likely be removed as the game will in effect never have happened. The players won't have played so will be substituted accordingly from your bench. The biggest negative impact will be to Solanke owners who will have 9 points removed from their score, and replaced by someone from their bench.

Obviously if they squeezed the replay in this week before the deadline, those new scores would count this week.

This is all conjecture, and FPL could do something unexpected, but the most likely scenario imo is points wiped off, for a future replay

I'm not sure what is going on with the Head 2 Head league, as it doesn't seem to have been updated. :thinking:

Although popcorn has posted the likely reason as I'm writing this. I will continue and change later if needed. :)

Leader Woodys Wonder lost their Head 2 Head with New Oak Utd 38-60. 2nd placed Medway United also lost their H2H with Amber Army 28-61.

Klopp Klopp Boom beat Dorchtog 52-31, and are now 1 point behind 2nd. Amber Army's win keeps them in 4th still 1 point behind Klopp Klopp Boom.

Tarric's Tot's beat Penfold's Dangermice 62-57 to swap places with them and move up into 5th.

TP H2H Table GW17
1703010742879.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW17
1703010475569.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW18
1703010841240.jpeg

The week hasn't closed because of the abandoned Luton Bournemouth game. So automatic subs haven't yet been added (I'll gain another 8 points). They are waiting on a premier league announcement regarding if the game will be replayed at a later date or not. If it is, the points from the abandoned game will likely be removed as the game will in effect never have happened. The players won't have played so will be substituted accordingly from your bench. The biggest negative impact will be to Solanke owners who will have 9 points removed from their score, and replaced by someone from their bench.

Obviously if they squeezed the replay in this week before the deadline, those new scores would count this week.

This is all conjecture, and FPL could do something unexpected, but the most likely scenario imo is points wiped off, for a future replay

I have Solanke, he only got 6pts [looks like they haven't given him the bonus 3] - if he's replaced I still get 6pts from Gordon off the bench so I'm good.

Speaking of bench, last week I gambled on the bench boost, 6pts ... this week I have 18pts sat on there - typical

Last edited:
I have Solanke, he only got 6pts [looks like they haven't given him the bonus 3] - if he's replaced I still get 6pts from Gordon off the bench so I'm good.

Speaking of bench, last week I gambled on the bench boost, 6pts ... this week I have 18pts sat on there - typical
They haven't given him the bonus yet because the game didn't finish, so they haven't awarded anybody's bonus in that game. if they decide the game stands he'll get an additional 3 points

They haven't given him the bonus yet because the game didn't finish, so they haven't awarded anybody's bonus in that game. if they decide the game stands he'll get an additional 3 points

I should be fine either way, as it stands if they disregard points from that game, I just get a 6 for 6 ... if they do let it stand I gain 3

I think the league has been updated now, so I'll do gameweek 17 again. ;)

So, Amber Amy's(57) lead at the top has been increased to 29 points ahead of Woodys Wonders(40). Medway United(41) stay in 3rd, just 2 points behind Woodys Wonders. Klopp Klopp Boom(63) in 4th are just 6 points behind.

New Oak Utd(64) are still 5th, and I am still 6th after getting 39 points. Penfold's Dangermice(56) move up to 7th, now just 10 points behind me.

Highest scorer of the week was New Oak Utd with 64 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 44.

The pre Christmas games are over four days. The deadline for making changes is today, Thu 21st Dec @18:30.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW17
1703178601659.jpeg

Last edited:
In the Head 2 Head league, a lot is similar to my previous account of the H2H league, but the details are different.

Leader Woodys Wonders lost their Head 2 Head with New Oak Utd 40-60. 2nd placed Medway United also lost their H2H with Amber Army 41-57.

Klopp Klopp Boom beat Dorchtog 59-31, and are now 1 point behind 2nd. Amber Army's win keeps them in 4th still 1 point behind Klopp Klopp Boom.

Tarric's Tot's beat Penfold's Dangermice 59-56 to move up into 5th. Penfold's Danermice drop to 7th, on the same points as New Oak Utd after their win with the leader, but they are ahead on accumulated game points.

TP H2H Table GW17
1703179217263.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW17
1703179256622.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW18
1703179269199.jpeg

Last edited:
I just made the one change, brought in Pedro Porro to replace Walker [who's recent run has been 1-2-2-1-2] Porro seems to be running hot atm, happy enough with the rest for now.

Haaland out, Solanke/Watkins in for every team looks like :D

I spot just one who was brave enough to Captain Solanke! I was tempted to give it to Salah but went the boring route and gave it to Watkins, who flopped, for 90% of our league from what I checked

I brought in Solanke, Bowen, Cunha, Kulusevski and Son in midfield and attack, but I chose Watkins who I already had as the captain, seeing as he was playing against Sheff Utd. In retrospect not the best choice, but I am liking the points off the others, bar Kulusevski. ;)

I'm 1 point ahead of Amber Army in the H2H, but they still have Chan to play for Wolves. :oops: :$

I brought in Solanke, Bowen, Cunha, Kulusevski and Son in midfield and attack, but I chose Watkins who I already had as the captain, seeing as he was playing against Sheff Utd. In retrospect not the best choice, but I am liking the points off the others, bar Kulusevski. ;)

I'm 1 point ahead of Amber Army in the H2H, but they still have Chan to play for Wolves. :oops: :$

Bet you wish you'd opted for Richarlison!?

I'm 6 behind in my H2H but their team is spent, I have 2 to go. Assuming my 2 players actually play, that's 2pts at least barring disaster - just need Cunha or Palmer to more than touch the ball a bit!

Last edited:
Bet you wish you'd opted for Richarlison!?
I can't stand Richarlison. I've had him in the past when he was in form, but too inconsistent, doesn't play often enough at Spurs, and it feels like it's 50/50 as to whether he'll get a yellow or red because he intentionally winds people up.

Well that was a disaster lol, and now Palmer is red along with 2 others on my team :/

Transfers done for Tues, not brought Haaland back in yet, that one will be tricky, he's down as 50% but I would imagine if he shows he'll start on the bench. I had 3 reds that needed addressing, I've sorted 2 for now [-4pts], sub GK still red and not much I can do about it only hope Vicario doesn't mess up in some way. I'm not willing to blow another 4pts to fill a sub spot in just yet

Last edited:
Well that was a disaster lol, and now Palmer is red along with 2 others on my team :/
I'll just keep him on the bench as it's just a one game suspension. I had a benching quandary anyway picking 7 from 8 good mids/strikers, so that's made the decision for me!

My move is Tsimi out who's injury didn't look good for my fantasy team or as a Liverpool fan...

I'll just keep him on the bench as it's just a one game suspension. I had a benching quandary anyway picking 7 from 8 good mids/strikers, so that's made the decision for me!

My move is Tsimi out who's injury didn't look good for my fantasy team or as a Liverpool fan...

Yeah I supppose I could have, but I have often gone 5 across the middle and I like to have at least one solid MF on the bench. Seems to be one injured every other GW lately. I also sold Tsimikas

Amber Army(51) are still top of the league at Christmas. :) Klopp Klopp Boom move from 4th>2nd. Medway United(43) are still 3rd. Woodys Wonders(33) drop from 2nd>4th. New Oak Utd are still in 5th. I drop position to 7th after getting 50 points, replaced by Penfold's Dangermice.

The average point score for the week was 36.

Highest point scorer for the week was Penfold's Dangermice with 67 points. :clap:

The next gameweek starts on Boxing Day, and the deadline for making changes is Tue 26th Dec @11:00.

TP H2H Table GW18
1703532758167.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, leader Woodys Wonders stay in top spot, despite losing their matchup with Tarric's Tot's 33-59. After losing their H2H with Dorchtog 39-59, Medway United drop to 4th, still six points behind Woodys Wonders.

Klopp Klopp Boom won their H2H against horspath hounds 53-44, and move into 2nd, four points behind top spot. Amber Army move up into 3rd, five points behind WoodysWonders, after beating me 51-50.

TP H2H Table GW18
1703535591058.jpeg
TP H2H League Results GW18
1703535411297.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW19
1703535430409.jpeg

Last edited:
Why did I have to check tonight's scores?? I only have only player active - and one left at the end of the bench, so no chance he's subbing in, who's just scored twice argh!

[edit] just seen he came off with a bad injury, making it worse, not only do I not get all them lovely points but seems like he'll be out for a bit too!

Last edited:
Amber Army(58) increase their lead at the top of the lead to 46 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(47).

Everyone else are in the same position as last week apart from Onana what's my name(54) and me(26), who swap places, with them moving up 7th.

Highest scorer of the week was Penfold's Dangermice with 60 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 38.

The deadline for making changes is Sat 30th Dec @11:00.

TP H2H Table GW19
1703869062144.jpeg

Woodys Wonders lead at the top of the Head2Head league is down to 1 point ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom, after losing their H2H with Biggin Bangers 33-54. Klopp Klopp Boom beat Tarric's Tot's 47-38 and are on 38 points.

Amber Army are still in 3rd, 1 point behind Klopp Klopp Boom, after beating Banished to Riyadh 58-31. Medway United are still 4th, despite losing their H2H with Penfold's Dangermice 49-60. Penfold's Dangermice move up to 5th, on equal points, and Onana what's my name are in 6th on the same 33 points.

My losing streak continues, and I fall to 12th position. :( :rolleyes:

TP H2H Table GW19
1703870312717.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW19
1703870329509.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW20
1703870340179.jpeg

This f'ing game ... Benched Hwang, he gets a brace, take Cunho out and change formation, he gets a goal, assist and bonus ... also I dropped Palmer after his red card [like millions of others I'm sure] and he returns to nab 15pts, . Hindsight is great I know, but goddamnit can feel like the game is out to get you at times :ROFLMAO:

Amber Army's(52) lead over Klopp Klopp Boom(80) is reduced to 18 points. :oops: :$ 3rd placed Medway United(58) fall a bit further behind to 28 points. Woodys Wonders(75) get to within 3 points of Medway United. New Oak Utd stay in 5th.
Onana what's my name(83) move up a position to 6th, and I move up to 7th after getting the most points of the week with 84. :oops: :$ :banana:

The average point score for the week was 59 points.

It is the FA Cup next week, so the deadline for the next gameweek is Sat 13th Jan @11:00.

TP H2H Table GW20
1704289870519.jpeg

In the Head2Head league we have a new leader, :oops: :$ Klopp Klopp Boom, who won their match up with King Kangaroo 80-64, go 2 points clear of Woodys Wonders, whose losing streak continued after close loss against horspath hounds 75-78.

Amber Army are still 3rd, 2 points behind Woodys Wonders, despite losing their H2H with Biggin Bangers 52-77. Onana what's my name beat New Oak Utd 82-77 to move up 2 positions into 4th, now just 1 point behind Amber Army.

TP H2H Table GW29
1704292872668.jpeg

TP H2H League Results GW20
1704292887452.jpeg

TP H2H League Fixtures GW21
1704292903992.jpeg

I've just rediscovered this thread :) I'm having a shocking season though, so I may go into hiding again haha

That was a crazy H2H, I was 30 odd points behind before the Liverpool game, and it got worse before it then got a lot better! Salah missing the penalty, then scoring another and adding an assist - I had him as captain which caught me up almost, still a bit behind. It was down to the West Ham game, and since Coufal was a no show due to illness I had Cunho to come off the bench for an extra 12pts, all I needed was Areola to have a stinker or Brighton to score pretty much! He had an epic game of course getting 11pts ... and was sat on my bench lol. GG

Back