Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 DI IF VC USD

A sharp lens is a sharp lens.

You're going more into body and iso performance...

It is but any lens will look good at f8-10 in great light. A good lens will still deliver wide open in lesser light (whether that's f1.4 or f6.3). Still, I a very keen on one and desperately want it to be a good one.

Last edited:
Interesting comment at the top of his page.

Not true though. I have hundreds of sharp pics servo-tacked on a 7D at 8fps - of a car heading straight towards the camera at 50mph. Tam 150-600 will track that very reliably. The key is a subject with good contrast for the AF to lock on to.

Not true though. I have hundreds of sharp pics servo-tacked on a 7D at 8fps - of a car heading straight towards the camera at 50mph. Tam 150-600 will track that very reliably. The key is a subject with good contrast for the AF to lock on to.

Maybe you should rephrase that to something like ... that's odd because I have hundreds of sharp pics servo-tacked on a 7D at 8fps.
Saying it's not true is a bit extreme, he obviously had problems with his lens otherwise I doubt he would write it.

She also had a go in LR. She liked this one...
For a second I thought...
drugs.gif

Thanks for sharing!
It's actually rather cool
waytogo2.gif
- and could have made it into a great poster some 40 years ago!
biggrin3.gif

Last edited:
Typically I find myself finally getting my head around which of the sigma long lenses 50-500 & 150-500 would suit my needs better and Tamron come out with this. The initial reviews look favourable so it will be interesting to see how it performs on a Nikon body.

I was given the go ahead by the wife last night so just waiting on the nikon mount and panamoz.
Always nice when you get the seal of approval mate..look forward to seeing some shots from it when you get it,looks a great lens.

I've still got a few pieces of equipment to sell to before I have the money together for the Nikon version of this lens so the fact that it's not out yet in that format is not so important to me.
Wether I go for the UK version or grey import will all depend on the price difference and if it's worth the extra for the 5 year UK extended warranty.
Either way, when my Mrs eventually notices I've got a new lens I'll just give the stock reply.... This old thing, I've had it aaages!

Got to admit, theirs not many lenses I really 'want' their are some I decide I should really have :D

But this really is a want, just wondering if I can pass it of as my sigma 70-200.?

A bit like peter parker and spider+man, never will they be seen in the same room :rolleyes:

I've decided to take my lens to Tamron service to check the AF. Guess what! After 2 days they confirmed the fault and sent it to Germany. Now I'm waiting for an update.

Was this your 2nd?

Tried pointing it somewhere else tonight. A bit further away...

If anyone could tell me how I can get better images, I would be obliged!

Footzoom!!! ;)

Back