Terminal illness(Mods if in wrong section please move.)

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Sorry if this upsets anyone or is the wrong as overall it could fit several sections.I was diagnosed with terminal cancer. However, even though it was terminal it could weeks,months years to beat me. It was my intention to get my camera out and practice when I could, although I was never going to be a pro.

As treatments took priority and after a few side effects occurred it was still my intention to get the camera out again. Unfortunately it never did. The past few weeks/days have taken a severe turn for the worst. In order to stop feeling sorry for myself ant remain position I'd still like to do something camera that's not too energetic.

Baically just have a little dabble so to speak. I'd appreciate any suggestions/ ideas, even to just keep my mind active. Don't want to learn a new editing program, but maybe learning to close up etc.

Many thanks in advance for help/advice that may be given. Plus I'm not after any sympathy I just want to take each .day one at a time.

Sorry if this upsets anyone or is the wrong as overall it could fit several sections.I was diagnosed with terminal cancer. However, even though it was terminal it could weeks,months years to beat me. It was my intention to get my camera out and practice when I could, although I was never going to be a pro.

As treatments took priority and after a few side effects occurred it was still my intention to get the camera out again. Unfortunately it never did. The past few weeks/days have taken a severe turn for the worst. In order to stop feeling sorry for myself ant remain position I'd still like to do something camera that's not too energetic.

Baically just have a little dabble so to speak. I'd appreciate any suggestions/ ideas, even to just keep my mind active. Don't want to learn a new editing program, but maybe learning to close up etc.

Many thanks in advance for help/advice that may be given. Plus I'm not after any sympathy I just want to take each .day one at a time.

A

Brave post [emoji106]

Takes strength to write as you have and your open request is humbling.
I am sure there will be a way for a group the size of TP to assist.
Nuisance was that I was in Mansfield a few weeks back. Blasted weather has not been on your side bur hopefully it should start to get warmer over the next couple of weeks.
If things push me towards your part of the world soon, I will give you a shout. Oddly I have had a few trips to Nottingham, I spent some time working there 2003/4 and a friend was in the QMC recently.

Steve

Oh how brave this is a terrible disease ,my granddaughters husband has just had the all clear after chemo so fingers crossed ,and one of my friends at the local nature reserve has terminall cancer with a year or so predicted ,he spends his time making quirky bird feeders and generally absorbing nature to keep his mind off it ,and I have to admit he seems to be thriving on it .

I think what I’m trying to say is keep your mind active it seems to help

Thanks for the advice and support so far. Disrict nurse home visits start from tomorrow.

I can only echo what's been said above Allan and I wish you well with any ongoing treatment.

As for the photography, the obvious things that come to mind are close-up/macro work, table-top/still life set ups or maybe a little project that you add a new photograph to each day.
What are your other hobbies / interests? There may be some way to incorporate them into your photography to keep you engaged.

Back