The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Great service from Cameraworld, ordered at 15:50 yesterday, chose the free P&P option, delivered today.

It a difficult question to answer... I personally prefer prime lenses so ended up getting the Sony FE 1.8 prime trio.... 35mm, 55mm and 85mm.
This cover off my most used focal lengths when you factor in cost, weight and size etc. I could potentially do with some wider and longer at some point but at this moment in time happy with this setup.
Selling up all my GM lenses due to lack of use.
Would I swap a 28-70mm with the 55mm f1.8, yes would be my answer as the 55mm f1.8 is a great little lens, some dislike its output but I like it a lot. I have owned this lens 3 times now! :eek: :D
Doesn't sound you like the 55 if you had to get rid of it twice already lol

Yup. Same here.

One thing I think the 55mm f1.8 is good for is indoor people shots when a 35mm would mean cropping or invading peoples space and an 85mm would be too tight but if anyone is happy to crop then maybe the 35mm could be enough.
That’s exactly what i use it for :)

- The 55 for indoor portraits
- The 85 for outdoor portraits
- The 135 for outdoor sports

Love the orange/yellow contrast in the foreground

Yeah, it was pretty much that against the darker sky that caught my attention. It was coming down reasonably hard when I took this so I dropped the bag under a tree for a bit of cover, roughly set the tripod up on the edge of the path, quickly put the camera on, framed it where it was, took the shot & back in the bag again :ROFLMAO:

Merry Christmas all.
Just got back from my customary Christmas morning central London drive. I have a few pictures I'll share later

Merry Christmas everyone!

The offer that is normally on at Black Friday but wasn't this year is now on at Amazon.

£79.99 for a year's subscription to Abode Creative Cloud Photography Plan.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LSU8PYO
Thanks the heads up. They put it up on offer on Christmas Day a couple of years ago too but that was after it had been on offer at the previous Black Friday. After Black Friday I was thinking the price drop offers were being stopped. Good that another appears.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Last edited:
Thigh I could use my iPad usb c cable pretty sure I did in the a7iii

Didn’t you do any research before you bought the A9? ;) hehe

Lol just assume it did ah well not end of the world. Just need find best cheapest option for connection to iPad a reader or a cable

Lol just assume it did ah well not end of the world. Just need find best cheapest option for connection to iPad a reader or a cable
SD to usb-c card reader from amazon (y)

Chuffin' 'eck! It's deja vu all over again! Did you bump into @NewBeetle when you were there?

Was it a TP outing? I didn't get the memo...
Haha, small world. I wonder if we spoke? We did chat with a few others around while waiting. Dreadful morning wasn't it. It's the first time I've been disappointed with my photos for quite some time :ROFLMAO:. I kinda wish I'd gone further to the right and got a close'ish shot of the Scotsman, but had it in my head I wanted the whole train and viaduct. I shot at 35mm, my next lens was 85 , think 50mm would've been better from where I was stood, and that was a lens I didn't bring, doh. Still good to see and I enjoyed it. I've got more ideas for my next visit, and hopefully the cloud won't descend on us next time.

I spoke to a couple of lads up there, was there with a mate - not a member on here. Great location for the Scotsman, always seems to be something wrong every time I go - last time was no steam lol.

What did people take their Christmas pictures with? If they took any. I used my A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8 using saved settings of face detect with manual exposure plus f2.8 and 1/250 for the people and shots and manual exposure f2.8 and 1/125 for the static shots. 18 pictures in all as it all just about getting the pictures we wanted :D

What did people take their Christmas pictures with? If they took any. I used my A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8 using saved settings of face detect with manual exposure plus f2.8 and 1/250 for the people and shots and manual exposure f2.8 and 1/125 for the static shots. 18 pictures in all as it all just about getting the pictures we wanted :D
Sony 24-105mm and laowa 10-18mm

Back