The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Anyone got the Laowa 28mm f1.2 ?
What do you reckon. ?

It's something I keep looking at but the size is putting me off, ditto their 35mm f0.95. The review on Philip Reeve seems pretty positive but other reviewers are less impressed.

Here's the 35...

Something smaller would suit me better and the 7Artisan 28mm f1.4 seems to get good reviews. You can get one optimised for Sony mount but still in M mount, if you can find one.

As I have f1.4 35's and a f1.1 50mm these wide aperture 28 and 35mm lenses do tempt me but as above the bulk really puts me off.

Last edited:
I've been following the YouTube reviews of the A7CII/CR with some interest as I'm looking to move away from Nikon as I'm getting on (57) and want a smaller lighter kit to take with me that still packs a punch in the IQ department. I know its early days but was wondering if you had a choice between buying a used A7IV vs A7CII which would you go for? I bought a Z6 mk1 during lockdown as a treat (big mistake) and have had buyers remorse ever since. But since I sold off most of my DSLR stuff early this year as it wasn't getting much use the one thing that really disappointed me about the Z6 was its sub-par eye af especially with F mount lenses. The number of shots I missed focus on was verging on the ridiculous. From what I've been reading here sounds like Sony is the way to go!

I've been following the YouTube reviews of the A7CII/CR with some interest as I'm looking to move away from Nikon as I'm getting on (57) and want a smaller lighter kit to take with me that still packs a punch in the IQ department. I know its early days but was wondering if you had a choice between buying a used A7IV vs A7CII which would you go for? I bought a Z6 mk1 during lockdown as a treat (big mistake) and have had buyers remorse ever since. But since I sold off most of my DSLR stuff early this year as it wasn't getting much use the one thing that really disappointed me about the Z6 was its sub-par eye af especially with F mount lenses. The number of shots I missed focus on was verging on the ridiculous. From what I've been reading here sounds like Sony is the way to go!
Most of the modern mirrorless have really good eye AF now tbh, not much to pick between them.

In terms of the A7C II vs A7 IV this will mainly come down to preference. The main advantages of the A7C II is the "deep learning AI AF", smaller size, cheaper, and focus bracketing. The advantages of the A7 IV are dual card slot, better EVF, better buffer, faster flash sync, nad better (imo) grip.

I'd choose the A7 IV as the ergonomics, better EVF and dual card slot are more important to me than the advantages of the A7C II, however YMMV. I don't use focus bracketing, and as nice as the deep learning AF is if you're missing shots with the A7 IV it will be due to user 'error' rather than the camera.

I will admit, for fitting in the bag etc not having the view finder hump is nice and I quite like the look of the C models too.

I would imagine both of the cameras would pretty much do what you want them to do in all honesty. I bought the A7Riii earlier this year to go alongside the A7 and the eye AF and its other features are more than enough for what I need.

More than enough Sony mount lens choice too!

Has anyone used both and A1 and a Z9. A mate of a mate works for Nikon and I can get a really good deal on a Z9. I really ant a play with auto capture and pre capture as I have a big garden and can set up some nice perches for birds etc. I'm particularly interested in anyone that has adapted Sony lenses to the Z9
GAS attack? ;)

I’m not sure I’d want auto capture, seems to take away the act/art of photography :thinking:

Has anyone used both and A1 and a Z9. A mate of a mate works for Nikon and I can get a really good deal on a Z9. I really ant a play with auto capture and pre capture as I have a big garden and can set up some nice perches for birds etc. I'm particularly interested in anyone that has adapted Sony lenses to the Z9
If you are going to use high end lenses on either I would tend to look at the systems and see what system suits you best - and chose the relevant body. The product lifetime of GMs or s-line is going to be far far longer than that of the bodies available now. I can see areas where Nikon ( Z and adpated FX ) has an advantage and also where Sony does. Obviously the Sony ecosystem is much larger and will continue to remain so.

The thing about adapters is that firmware of the body or lens and the adapter can change and what might work now may be better or worse in the future. Also you will lose in body lens corrections and so on.

However, I do use a Sony 20/1.8G on a Z6 along with a few cheap and compact FE mount primes just for walkabout. They all are useable at the moment but I am not looking for much else than reasonable optics and not super fast AFC or camera specific "extras".

A1 vs Z8 or Z9 - haven't a clue - both obviously very competent flagships

Last edited:
If you are going to use high end lenses on either I would tend to look at the systems and see what system suits you best - and chose the relevant body. The product lifetime of GMs or s-line is going to be far far longer than that of the bodies available now. I can see areas where Nikon ( Z and adpated FX ) has an advantage and also where Sony does. Obviously the Sony ecosystem is much larger and will continue to remain so.

The thing about adapters is that firmware of the body or lens and the adapter can change and what might work now may be better or worse in the future. Also you will lose in body lens corrections and so on.

However, I do use a Sony 20/1.8G on a Z6 along with a few cheap and compact FE mount primes just for walkabout. They all are useable at the moment but I am not looking for much else than reasonable optics and not super fast AFC or camera specific "extras".

A1 vs Z8 or Z9 - haven't a clue - both obviously very competent flagships
I've already all the GM lenses I need, still have my eye on a couple I want of course. In time I want a 600mm F4 and I won't shell out for a Sony one as it would never be used enough. I also loved my Nikon 200mm F2 when I had it and could see me using a 180-400mm F4 and 500mm F4. Lots of lenses Sony doesn't really offer and they are all "relatively" cheap. It is a good point about adapter firmware but I don't see me using cross brand adapters for any length of time. My main use would be a Z9 with a couple of S series lenses but primarily F mount lenses and an FTZ II. I can't see there being many issues with teh FTZ adapters and F mount lenses in the future.

My thinking is that cameras and lenses are pretty much there in terms of doing everything I need. The Z9 has a few features I really am interested in playing with. The last generation of so of DSLR lenses were also pretty much there too. I would use the Nikon system with the F mounts and continue to use Sony in the future, upgrading if necessary. The price I am getting the Z9 for is a no brainer anyway so I can see where it takes me in the first instance with the Sony lenses and a single Z lens. If I like it I may invest in some big Nikon glass. I've an A9 ii that I pretty much only use for stadium shots with Nikon adapted lenses so that will be sold and the flippy screen and extra MP will be handy for that. The two Sony A1s will continue to be my workhorses and hopefully the Z9 will do some work but will mostly be my fun camera with auto capture, focus stacking and all the features Sony never seem to care about. Who knows I might like the Z9 that much I move over completely but I doubt it as the Sony lenses are smaller and lighter and I already have all those I need for all my regular shooting.

GAS attack? ;)

I’m not sure I’d want auto capture, seems to take away the act/art of photography :thinking:
I can see that but in some ways you are controlling the image, setting up the composition(excepting subject) shutter speed, exposure etc. I really want to get the garden as a place to photograph birds and some of the features would allow me to actually sit and work while auto capture clicks away. We have quite a few nesting birds so the pre capture might get me shots of them coming out of boxes etc. It will give me more of a reason to get the garden even more wildlife friendly and build an office. Always wanted an infinity pool as well and we had a stoat in the garden last week, regular fox visits and lots of birds.

But you diagnosis is correct, this is definitely GAS. I'm making quite a few quid from photography and the plan was always to plough the cash into kit until I am at the point I feel I can retire and need the photo income for food etc rather than kit. I'll make north of £2K from the cameras this month so add selling an A9ii and I am pretty much there with the Z9, adapter and possibly a wee lens. A friend of a friend working for Nikon is a big help in that regard.

Owned the Z9 and traded it in to buy the A1 for birds.

The stated features are pretty useless when the AF system is not consistent at all. My keep rate with the Z9 was around 70% whilst the A1 is in the very high 90s.

Second issue is lens availability and pricing. Nikon Z 600 and 400 are fantastic lenses but are much more expensive than the Sony equivalent due to the built in TC. When I sold my Z9 earlier this year the 600 TC had a year waiting list.

You mentioned the FTZ adapters - sure you can buy older glass, I know I did. Issue you have there is that the AF systems are all SWM which compared to the new ones are insanely slow. You’ll miss shots and have extra weight to lug around also and quickly be looking at the 600 TC again.

The A1 is missing a few features that might make up that few percent but I don’t think pre capture is one of them. At 30 fps you can just hold the shutter button down and get the same result in most situations anyway.

I asked on here a while back if anyone had used the Peargear CF express cards but seemed nobody had. Ended up buying one and have used it a few times now with zero problems. Have also spoken to a few other wedding photographers who are using them and nobody seems to have had any issues with them as yet. For the price if anyone is needing memory cards might as well get these. Much faster when moving on to the p.c for less money than a V90 card.

Boscastle Sunset.

Have I already posted some Boscastle stuff? I can't remember to be honest. I've been a bit busy with stuff lately!

EDIT - exposure/focus stack btw :)

*** by Lee, on Flickr
Lovely

Thank you.

If anyone is interested, I used the ISO to exposure blend this one as using the shutter to change exposure resulted in the water looking 'different' - probably obvious to some people but maybe overlooked by others. I took three images - foreground focus and exposure, big rock focus and exposure and then the sky (but I didn't use the sky only shot in the end)

Owned the Z9 and traded it in to buy the A1 for birds.

The stated features are pretty useless when the AF system is not consistent at all. My keep rate with the Z9 was around 70% whilst the A1 is in the very high 90s.

Second issue is lens availability and pricing. Nikon Z 600 and 400 are fantastic lenses but are much more expensive than the Sony equivalent due to the built in TC. When I sold my Z9 earlier this year the 600 TC had a year waiting list.

You mentioned the FTZ adapters - sure you can buy older glass, I know I did. Issue you have there is that the AF systems are all SWM which compared to the new ones are insanely slow. You’ll miss shots and have extra weight to lug around also and quickly be looking at the 600 TC again.

The A1 is missing a few features that might make up that few percent but I don’t think pre capture is one of them. At 30 fps you can just hold the shutter button down and get the same result in most situations anyway.
Thanks, The AF comments are interesting and the more I read the more there seems to be users who struggle with the AF on the Z9. Some are from earlier firmware versions. Pre Capture isn't about fps and your suggested way of getting similar on teh A1 would work unless you were happy with taking thousands of frames on nothing happening repeatedly. I would be looking at mostly FL versions on the F mount glass so focussing speed should be decent. I never realised teh waiting list for those lenses but I doubt I would be able to afford the new TC 400 and 600s. Lots of food for thought with your comments though and I will do some more research. The prices I am being quoted mean there is no risk whatsoever as I can buy and use and will easily get my money back.

Thanks, The AF comments are interesting and the more I read the more there seems to be users who struggle with the AF on the Z9. Some are from earlier firmware versions. Pre Capture isn't about fps and your suggested way of getting similar on teh A1 would work unless you were happy with taking thousands of frames on nothing happening repeatedly. I would be looking at mostly FL versions on the F mount glass so focussing speed should be decent. I never realised teh waiting list for those lenses but I doubt I would be able to afford the new TC 400 and 600s. Lots of food for thought with your comments though and I will do some more research. The prices I am being quoted mean there is no risk whatsoever as I can buy and use and will easily get my money back.
If you can afford to run 2 systems then there is no hesitation. Looks like you made your mind up before posting on here.

One thing I am not quite sure in pre capture on Nikon - is the function only an available in JPEG? Think I have read that’s the case. So it’s still way behind Olympus which has been around for a few years - Olly is programmable on how many shots it stores up to you commit the shutter button and shoots in RAW (up to 50 frames a second I believe). I don’t own either system so apologies if I have got this wrong. Think Olly have nailed it on pre capture.

I considered the Z8 as a dual system. But then couldn’t decide on which would be my sports and which would be my general shooter to decide which would have the short and which would have the long lenses.

I also read that AF is difficult to master and you maybe need a few ways for different scenarios. Went out with my A1 which reaffirmed it does a cracking job particularly with anything fast.

Maybe birds in garden is more about field craft with the equipment you have. Attracting birds onto perches and getting them in flight from perch to perch or just their behaviour.

This is me in a handmade hide in the back garden.

9AAC815A-AAB3-4863-A7DC-DB8BBBDF611B.jpeg

If you can afford to run 2 systems then there is no hesitation. Looks like you made your mind up before posting on here.

One thing I am not quite sure in pre capture on Nikon - is the function only an available in JPEG? Think I have read that’s the case. So it’s still way behind Olympus which has been around for a few years - Olly is programmable on how many shots it stores up to you commit the shutter button and shoots in RAW (up to 50 frames a second I believe). I don’t own either system so apologies if I have got this wrong. Think Olly have nailed it on pre capture.

I considered the Z8 as a dual system. But then couldn’t decide on which would be my sports and which would be my general shooter to decide which would have the short and which would have the long lenses.

I also read that AF is difficult to master and you maybe need a few ways for different scenarios. Went out with my A1 which reaffirmed it does a cracking job particularly with anything fast.

Maybe birds in garden is more about field craft with the equipment you have. Attracting birds onto perches and getting them in flight from perch to perch or just their behaviour.

View attachment 400312
Yeah the Nikon Z9 is jpeg only with pre-capture (unless they’ve updated it with firmware), and you only get 1s worth of shots prior to the shutter being pressed. I’d imagine in order to do this is constantly taking shots and deleting them until you press the shutter, in which case this must be very draining on the battery?

Lovely capture. We are lucky with the birds we get on our garden but unfortunately from a photography point of view the sun’s in the wrong place as you’re always shooting towards the sun. Also I don’t have anywhere to put a hide :facepalm: :LOL:

Edit: I’ve just read that pre capture requires you to be half pressing the shutter/BBF in order for it to start so it won’t drain the battery as much as I thought (y)

Last edited:

View attachment 400312
I like tech so I suppose that is part of me wanting to look at the Z9. I had an EM1 ii and pre capture was really useful and I miss that. I'm pretty sure you are correct and pre capture only works with JPEG on the Z9. I use JPEG most of the time preferring to get it as right as I can in camera so that doesn't really bother me too much. It would be nice to have the option though. I'd say I am about 70-30 in favour of making the move. I'm also looking at the 800mm F6.3. That seems to also offer something a bit different and would be great for birding, something I plan on doing more of when I retire and reduce my hours further.

I like tech so I suppose that is part of me wanting to look at the Z9. I had an EM1 ii and pre capture was really useful and I miss that. I'm pretty sure you are correct and pre capture only works with JPEG on the Z9. I use JPEG most of the time preferring to get it as right as I can in camera so that doesn't really bother me too much. It would be nice to have the option though. I'd say I am about 70-30 in favour of making the move. I'm also looking at the 800mm F6.3. That seems to also offer something a bit different and would be great for birding, something I plan on doing more of when I retire and reduce my hours further.
Go on, you know you want to ;) :p

With regards to shooting jpeg I never do as I don’t like the colours SOOC, however I’m sure I saw a video on YT claiming that you could change the colour palette to your taste in camera, and I’m not just talking choosing better std, vivid etc etc. I’m going to have to try and find it and give it a go. I doubt I’ll ever be a jpeg shooter but it got me curious ;)

Go on, you know you want to ;) :p

With regards to shooting jpeg I never do as I don’t like the colours SOOC, however I’m sure I saw a video on YT claiming that you could change the colour palette to your taste in camera, and I’m not just talking choosing better std, vivid etc etc. I’m going to have to try and find it and give it a go. I doubt I’ll ever be a jpeg shooter but it got me curious ;)
I'm mostly sport so I often shoot jpeg and raw. For my agency I send jpegs pitch side and then the raws after the game. For sports where I am working for myself I will shoot jpeg and raw and often send the jpegs without going near the raws. I got a new PC recently so I can now process RAWs with the new Adobe noise reduction very quickly so I may change my tune now time is no longer a hurdle it once was. However most of my work is volume photography and about the moment so I dare say that last little bit of quality isn't as big a factor.

Hi all, I have decided it's time to get into photography touching 60 and i have given myself a budget which will be from the sale of two motorbikes i have that are not used anymore and just sitting there so dead money to me and an outlay keeping them there so no outlay from the bank.
Some might say i'm mad others not but that's life i suppose I always jump in at the deep end but focus on what i'm doing.
I was going to go for the A7R IV but come across blackout on the A1 so that is what i am going to get and would be used for motorsports - low flying aircraft inc jets - wildlife birds and general walkabout, insect type creatures close up i find fascinating and my viewing i suppose apart from the PC will be as screensavers on the Sony A95K 65".

So far i have sort of narrowed my selection down to the.
Sony A1
FE100-400 GM maybe with a 1.4 extender at a later date if i feel the need.
FE 70-200 GMII although i feel this is between the two but also for general walkabout, I am not feeble yet !
FE 24-70 GMII for general walkabout
Feel the need for Macro type lens close up insect shots but a bonus if not just dedicated for that.
Spare battery
SD card some of these are extortionate prices need to look into this further for what they are.
case, cases

feel free to share your thoughts what would you change with your experience and i am aware of UK new prices second user and grey and where to get them from and the depreciation.

Regards

Ben

Last edited:
Hi all, I have decided it's time to get into photography touching 60 and i have given myself a budget which will be from the sale of two motorbikes i have that are not used anymore and just sitting there so dead money to me and an outlay keeping them there so no outlay from the bank.
Some might say i'm mad others not but that's life i suppose I always jump in at the deep end but focus on what i'm doing.
I was going to go for the A7R IV but come across blackout on the A1 so that is what i am going to get and would be used for motorsports - low flying aircraft inc jets - wildlife birds and general walkabout, insect type creatures close up i find fascinating and my viewing i suppose apart from the PC will be as screensavers on the Sony A95K 65".

Sony A1
FE100-400 GMII maybe with a 1.4 extender at a later date if i feel the need.
FE 70-200 GMII although i feel this is between the two but also for general walkabout, I am not feeble yet !
Feel the need for Macro type lens close up insect shots but a bonus if not just dedicated for that.
Spare battery
SD card some of these are extortionate prices need to look into this further for what they are.
case, cases

feel free to share your thoughts what would you change with your experience and i am aware of UK new prices second user and grey and where to get them from and the depreciation.

Regards

Ben
Firstly you're mad getting rid of bikes ;) :p

Joking aside, the A1 is a cracking camera. Blackout free shooting is fantastic and having had it I wouldn't have a camera without it now (YMMV).

For motorsports I pair my A1 with the 70-200mm f2.8 GM II and 100-400mm GM (there is no GMII of the 100-400mm yet), and paired with the 1.4x TC if needed give is all I need for track action. I usually take a 50mm prime (sometimes 35mm) for paddock shots. If you don't need the f2.8 the 70-200mm f4 OSS II could be a good option as it also has macro capabilities (although not true 1:1)

For birds and aircraft the 100-400mm with 1.4x TC should be OK, especially as the A1 has the ability to be cropped heavily, however if you're a keen birder you may prefer the 200-600mm which can also be used with the TC.

For a general walkabout I agree with Toni that the 20-70mm f4 gives you more flexibility than the 24-70mm, and if you're like me general walkabout lenses are more often than not stopped down to f8-11. I've been extremely tempted by the 20-70mm for a while, especially as it's now less than £900 from e-infinity, however I'm waiting to hear more about the Tamron 17-50mm f4 when it's released as the wide end is more important than the long end to me.

Sony do an excellent 90mm f2.8 Macro, and there's the excellent Sigma 105mm f2.8 DG DN macro.

SD cards, buy the fastest UHS-II you can afford. I've had a few deals on ones that are in the 300mb/s read, 250mb/s write and I wouldn't suggest going much slower than these. You can of course buy the CFexpress A cards but they're crazy expensive.

Spare battery, just buy an original Sony one.

I'm going away shortly and it looks at though it's likely to be a dark area as it's in the middle of nowhere so I was thinking I could have a go at astro. I know I've asked some basic questions in the past but I can't find the post and can't remember what was said.

I'll be using my 35mm f1.4 as that's the widest fast lens I have, I know it's not ideal but that's all I have other than f4 lenses. I don't have a tracker, what shutter speed and ISO would you recommend? Can you still stack images if you don't track? I'm thinking that the stars will have moved in relation to the foreground and so photoshop might have a tough job aligning the frame/stars? As you can tell, I'm not familiar with stacking :LOL:

The only other thing that missing is a good, fast prime. There's just times when the f1.4 aperture (or wider) is just what you need to get the shot, or with the lens stopped down, a super-high level of detail (which you know the A1 I capable of using). But if you're a zoom-only man then no worries because you'll never miss it.

Sony A1
FE100-400 GMII maybe with a 1.4 extender at a later date if i feel the need.
Spare battery
case, cases

Regards

Ben
I've got all the kit you mention and the lenses are all excellent. If birds and motorsport are quite a bit of your predicted usage I would get teh 200-600 and a 1.4 extender. I'd use the extender to make the 70-200 a bit longer and teh 600 will be very useful for birds and motorsport. You may as well start off with CFexpress cards if you don't have any SD cards. The off brand cards are just as fast and possibly cheaper than buying branded SD cards. In terms of teh A1 it is well worth teh money. Once you shoot with a stacked sensor, particularly with anything that moves, it is very hard to go back the way. Not sure where you stay but I have had some very good dealings with Sony Centre in Carlisle. They will definitely do you a deal buying that much kit.

I've got all the kit you mention and the lenses are all excellent. If birds and motorsport are quite a bit of your predicted usage I would get teh 200-600 and a 1.4 extender. I'd use the extender to make the 70-200 a bit longer and teh 600 will be very useful for birds and motorsport. You may as well start off with CFexpress cards if you don't have any SD cards. The off brand cards are just as fast and possibly cheaper than buying branded SD cards. In terms of teh A1 it is well worth teh money. Once you shoot with a stacked sensor, particularly with anything that moves, it is very hard to go back the way. Not sure where you stay but I have had some very good dealings with Sony Centre in Carlisle. They will definitely do you a deal buying that much kit.
Do you not find the 200-600mm a bit heavy for motorsport? I prefer hand holding and have never needed more reach than the 100-400mm with 1.4tc, most of the time I’ll use it without tc. YMMV of course (y)

I'm going away shortly and it looks at though it's likely to be a dark area as it's in the middle of nowhere so I was thinking I could have a go at astro. I know I've asked some basic questions in the past but I can't find the post and can't remember what was said.

I'll be using my 35mm f1.4 as that's the widest fast lens I have, I know it's not ideal but that's all I have other than f4 lenses. I don't have a tracker, what shutter speed and ISO would you recommend? Can you still stack images if you don't track? I'm thinking that the stars will have moved in relation to the foreground and so photoshop might have a tough job aligning the frame/stars? As you can tell, I'm not familiar with stacking :LOL:

Yes you can still stack in Sequator and a few other programs. It doesn't matter if the sky moves because you mask the sky and it sorts the alignments for you.

I'd probably go 10 seconds or max of 13 seconds at 35mm. ISO to whatever it needs to be for a bright enough exposure. Aperture very near to wide open - but watch your DOF depending on your foreground - or, just shoot a refocused foreground to blend in.

Yes you can still stack in Sequator and a few other programs. It doesn't matter if the sky moves because you mask the sky and it sorts the alignments for you.

I'd probably go 10 seconds or max of 13 seconds at 35mm. ISO to whatever it needs to be for a bright enough exposure. Aperture very near to wide open - but watch your DOF depending on your foreground - or, just shoot a refocused foreground to blend in.
Thanks I'll look into sequator, can you not do it in photoshop though?

How many shots would you say is best to take to get a decent image of the milky way?

Thanks I'll look into sequator, can you not do it in photoshop though?

How many shots would you say is best to take to get a decent image of the milky way?

I've never tried in Photoshop, I'm not sure how it deals with the movement.

You want to take at least half a dozen depending on the ISO. Anything over 1600, I would probably go for about a dozen shots.

Hi all, I have decided it's time to get into photography ...

Regards

Ben

Great stuff Ben :D

Have you thought about the other stuff you'll want? A PC fast enough to process the files, some processing software and a cleaning kit to despatch those dust bunnies when they appear and then bags. You can't have too many bags.

I used several processing packages over the years and was happiest with Adobe CS5 but I have to say that the subscription CS2023 is a definite step up from CS5.

Good luck with it. Remember to report back and post pictures :D

I've never tried in Photoshop, I'm not sure how it deals with the movement.

You want to take at least half a dozen depending on the ISO. Anything over 1600, I would probably go for about a dozen shots.
cool, thanks for your help.

Do you not find the 200-600mm a bit heavy for motorsport? I prefer hand holding and have never needed more reach than the 100-400mm with 1.4tc, most of the time I’ll use it without tc. YMMV of course (y)
It is a little heavy but I often use a monopod so not to much an issue. I only do a couple of motorsport events a year so not really got a preferred method of shooting. I took the 200-600 last time though and really liked using it.

As it seems very quiet.

A few from our trip to Roseberry Topping.

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

Roseberry Topping across the crop field. I like the way the ground undulates :D

DSC02971.jpg

A restful moment.

DSC03060.jpg

That's the sea in the distance.

DSC02964.jpg

And one from Yesterday. The path to the shops. Widened and tarmacked and defoliated by our council and they're built houses on the ground to the RHS bit it's still one of my favourite places. We've picked enough brambles to last until next season, and we haven't finished last seasons yet.

A7 and TTartisan 50mm f2.

DSC03249.jpg

PS.
I really like this one. Lost in the screen.

A7 and Pergear 35mm f1.4, I guess at f1.4.

DSC03091-C.jpg

IMO such a bargain lens. It is I believe the cheapest new fast FF 35mm lens available. There are a couple of areas in which it's better than the much more expensive Voigtlander 35mm f1.4. There are a couple of areas in which it's worse in too but on balance I think this lens is remarkable value and quality for the price.

Last edited:
Back