The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Took them 3 recalls lol.

End of the day no camera is perfect. I stick with canon if you need absolute reliability but no flashy features and tech
2 actually ;) So you're saying no Canon has had issue? ;)
But no, no camera is perfect. However, some have flaws that some people can't accept and that will down to the individual (y)

Yet all this fuss over the D750's shading issue which was arguably less of an issue ;) Joking aside, I tend to go into the "Am I bovvered" category unless it's something that I reproduce myself. The only 'concern' for me with the A7/9 pin striping is that you might not see it until you come to process the image and then it's too late to reshoot :(

There was a Sony line/PDF thingy "fix" posted on DPR.

Anyone interested could no doubt find it.

If the issue was present on the original Sony A7/A6000 series bodies, I doubt Sony see it as a big problem otherwise surely they would have investigated further?
Sony did a re-call on the Sony A9 hot-shoe which was a rare issue but nevertheless they did it.
Or maybe there isn't. fix as it's in the design of the sensor/PDAF?

2 actually ;) So you're saying no Canon has had issue? ;)
But no, no camera is perfect. However, some have flaws that some people can't accept and that will down to the individual (y)
or some flaws doesnt even effect the persos shooting style. granted that if u shoot backlight all the time then yea it could be an issue?

There was a Sony line/PDF thingy "fix" posted on DPR.

Anyone interested could no doubt find it.
You mean the one I posted 6 posts up? Not sure if that's the same as that was a photoshop fix, but to me it's still not perfect.

BUT lets be honest how many shots are going to be 'ruined' but this? Is it anymore than you get with DSLR due to front/back focussing issues, or just pure lack of skill? Time will tell I guess when the A7iii hits the market as 'everyone' will now be looking for it. I wonder how many will now come out of the woodwork about the other A7's and A9? TBH I think it's a typical storm in a teacup. You need to be aware of it, but then put it into perspective.

You mean the one I posted 6 posts up? Not sure if that's the same as that was a photoshop fix, but to me it's still not perfect.

BUT lets be honest how many shots are going to be 'ruined' but this? Is it anymore than you get with DSLR due to front/back focussing issues, or just pure lack of skill? Time will tell I guess when the A7iii hits the market as 'everyone' will now be looking for it. I wonder how many will now come out of the woodwork about the other A7's and A9? TBH I think it's a typical storm in a teacup. You need to be aware of it, but then put it into perspective.
I used to put a thick hair tie around my lens/mount on A7

Took them 3 recalls lol.

End of the day no camera is perfect. I stick with canon if you need absolute reliability but no flashy features and tech

I remember when some version or other of the 5D came out there were reports of black spots in highlights and ghost images and internet panic across the universe and of course there's the famous noise when boosting the shadows.

Dunno.

The fix I read was done with masks/layers or summot.

My eyes glazed over and I logged off.

Was this anything to do with the light leak issue re the lens mount
Don't think so, seems to be the PDAF sensors. I'm sure we'll find out more at some point ;)

Took them 3 recalls lol.

They are just doing what they should to resolve a problem and extended the recall, not every camera is effected they are just basing it on manufacture date, the fact that people are getting free shutter replacement for nothing is a pretty damn good fix. I could run up 100k on my shutter and get a new one if my serial was effected.

Anyone know what date these hit the shop.. I though I recall seeing somewhere saying the 13th march

Saw that earlier and I downloaded the Raw file he left behind and am pretty impress with how much we can get out of the raw file..
I felt like that when I first imported the RAW files from my original A7, the A7R II files were even better but in reality I have been pretty happy with A7 24mp RAW files. :D
We are spoiled these days with the ability of new bodies, ISO/DR is so good.

IMG_20180305_114519_631.jpg Just got my Phantom 4 Advanced and Sony 16-35 f4. Surprised at how small the 16-35 is. Solidly built, looking forward to using it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back