NSFW The Bullfight 2017

Its just an expression.....and may I ask you where did you saw your first bullfight?

An expression with a hidden meaning, normally stated when people don't really want to say what they mean. You were trying to say I was a hypocrite for showing an image of violence, when it was in fact a photograph taken of Daniel Craig enjoying some down time between takes on set while filming a James Bond film. Firing a prop weapon with blanks, so that didn't work.

My first bullfight? What are you talking about? I would never go to a bullfight (that *would* make me a hypocrite), but you don't need to go to a bullfight to see the cruelty involved, they are well documented, this post a point in question.

Nor have I been to a live fox hunt, or cock fighting, or badger baiting etc for the same obvious reasons.

Last edited:
An expression with a hidden meaning, normally stated when people don't really want to say what they mean. You were trying to say I was a hypocrite for showing an image of violence, when it was in fact a photograph taken of Daniel Craig enjoying some down time between takes on set while filming a James Bond film. Firing a prop weapon with blanks, so that didn't work.

My first bullfight? What are you talking about? I would never go to a bullfight (that *would* make me a hypocrite), but you don't need to go to a bullfight to see the cruelty involved, they are well documented, this post a point in question.

Nor have I been to a live fox hunt, or cock fighting, or badger baiting etc for the same obvious reasons.

Just to point out again, the place to air your views is here.

Just to point out again, the place to air your views is here.

Sorry but I'm not the one dragging this out all over again, thank seochris for that. But you seemed to endorse his 'off topic' post as you liked it. I will defend my point though, especially when people talk rubbish and accuse me of randomly being hypocritical.

Last edited:
so that didn't work.
Thats an opinion....

Anyway if you have not been to a bullfight then I suggest you go. The bullfight unlike the other examples you quotes is an art form steeped in the culture of Spain. The bullfights are reviewed in the arts pages of the press..not in the sports.

I totally respect your right to have a view but IMO you debase your argument as its a little emotive and without experience and foundation which i do get.

However, It would be like saying that Shakespeare was a rubbish playwright having never seen or read the plays but heard about the stories he is telling.

The problem is that on the surface people just see/read/hear about the bits they want to without understanding or even trying to understand what its all about. If you don't want to see a bullfight then at the very least I suggest you read Hemingway's book...Death in the afternoon. Its not the most exciting read ever but might give you a little more insight into the art form.

Thats an opinion....

Anyway if you have not been to a bullfight then I suggest you go. The bullfight unlike the other examples you quotes is an art form steeped in the culture of Spain. The bullfights are reviewed in the arts pages of the press..not in the sports.

I totally respect your right to have a view but IMO you debase your argument as its a little emotive and without experience and foundation which i do get.

However, It would be like saying that Shakespeare was a rubbish playwright having never seen or read the plays but heard about the stories he is telling.

The problem is that on the surface people just see/read/hear about the bits they want to without understanding or even trying to understand what its all about. If you don't want to see a bullfight then at the very least I suggest you read Hemingway's book...Death in the afternoon. Its not the most exciting read ever but might give you a little more insight into the art form.

Now I've heard it all.

I must really over simplify things then? I simply ask myself how I would feel if I were to parade around a stadium while being slashed, stabbed, not being able to do much about it, before, eventually, being killed after my entertainment value waned. I wouldn't want that, I'm guessing you wouldn't either? Even in the name of 'art'.

But in fairness to the OP I won't continue to labour this point here, I think I made it earlier.

Maybe we could continue it in the other thread?

Last edited:
The images are powerful and portray a dramatic scene well. The photo's of the bleeding bull, capture the essence of bullfighting. I don't approve or disapprove. I am reluctant to condemn them for what is a deeply held tradition

They're a strange lot he Spanish, with strange traditions, such as Castells. Would anyone here allow their child to climb to the top of a 100ft human tower, not many I would have thought, and even if anyone did, you'd never get it past H&S :)

View: https://youtu.be/NsMs4ATkteA

Back