The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What’s the safest way to get old skin out of the focus ring grooves. Mine looks grubby in daylight.

Can anyone help with regards to updating the Firmware on my Fuji's using a MacBook/Mac. I've always done this via a Windows unit without any problems.

I've recently changed from a Windows unit to a MacBook pro, and although I have managed to download the Firmware files to the MacBook I cannot open the files to copy the necessary bits across to an SD Card as nothing on my MacBook will open them. Wondered if anyone else has done this and how or what program you used to do it ?

Thanks.,

George.

Can anyone help with regards to updating the Firmware on my Fuji's using a MacBook/Mac. I've always done this via a Windows unit without any problems.

I've recently changed from a Windows unit to a MacBook pro, and although I have managed to download the Firmware files to the MacBook I cannot open the files to copy the necessary bits across to an SD Card as nothing on my MacBook will open them. Wondered if anyone else has done this and how or what program you used to do it ?

Thanks.,

George.

"Open the files" Normally you just put the downloaded file on the card.... Then let the camera do its thing...

"Open the files" Normally you just put the downloaded file on the card.... Then let the camera do its thing...

Thanks for that much appreciated. When I'd done the updating on Windows I needed to open the files first as for some reason when I tried it the way you have described it never used to work. I'll give it a go right now.

George.

Thanks.,

George.
The f/w update file will be in your download folder. just right click on it, copy and drop it onto your sd card and update the f/w using the usual method.

The f/w update file will be in your download folder. just right click on it, copy and drop it onto your sd card and update the f/w using the usual method.

Many thanks for that Guy's, it worked a treat. (y) Totally different from the way I used to have to do it on Windows.

George.

I have C1 too, I find it no better than LR when you really want to push your images. There is some hidden smoothing at play I feel too, when sharpening, something feels off about it.
There are elements of Lightroom I miss like a decent spot removal but I find the colour science tools and dynamic range tools far better than Lightroom. I must really spend more time learning photoshop which would give me better options of using both programs. Saying that I haven't used Lightroom for months!

I can`t believe that damn shed is somehow, still standing ;)

It most certainly is although one or two (maybe more) bits are missing now since this shot was taken. I was only wandering about on the beach this very morning at first light.

George.

Mac OS takes a bit of getting used to, but after 2 or 3 months try going back to windows and you’ll realise how good the Apple software is.

I've had the "MacBook Pro" since late October having used "iPad Pros & iPhones" for ages and because my old Windows computer was still on Windows 7 and was not powerful enough to update I had to do something with regards to a new unit. It had to be portable so a desktop was out of the equation so I went for the MacBook in an attempt to have total integration with everything else which it does admirably and I've managed to get my head more or less around the operating system now. But if I'm honest I'm still not so sure I wouldn't still prefer a Windows unit, probably because I could work much quicker with Windows due to familiarity. Old habits die hard. :):)

George.

Hi all, been a while since I dropped in. Im still shoots Ng with the Fuji's, but life has distracted me from the more social side of photography. I'm currently going through the backlog of shots from the last 18 months, so will post some pics soon! Quick question, has anyone strong preferences between the xt 2 and xh1? I've an xt2 at the moment, but really miss ibis from my Pentax days. With the refurbed xh1 so cheap, I'm tempted. Anything I should know if I swapped?

It most certainly is although one or two (maybe more) bits are missing now since this shot was taken. I was only wandering about on the beach this very morning at first light.

George.

haha that thing has been battered, burned and and stood up to the ravages of the storms lol Long may it last :)

Hi all, been a while since I dropped in. Im still shoots Ng with the Fuji's, but life has distracted me from the more social side of photography. I'm currently going through the backlog of shots from the last 18 months, so will post some pics soon! Quick question, has anyone strong preferences between the xt 2 and xh1? I've an xt2 at the moment, but really miss ibis from my Pentax days. With the refurbed xh1 so cheap, I'm tempted. Anything I should know if I swapped?

I just got the H1 kit, and still have my T2. Not much difference, apart from the obvious. The grip is nice, and the shutter button takes a little getting used to. but I like it. IBIS on my primes is nice :)

I've had the "MacBook Pro" since late October having used "iPad Pros & iPhones" for ages and because my old Windows computer was still on Windows 7 and was not powerful enough to update I had to do something with regards to a new unit. It had to be portable so a desktop was out of the equation so I went for the MacBook in an attempt to have total integration with everything else which it does admirably and I've managed to get my head more or less around the operating system now. But if I'm honest I'm still not so sure I wouldn't still prefer a Windows unit, probably because I could work much quicker with Windows due to familiarity. Old habits die hard. :):)

George.
Stick with it George, at some point it’ll “click” SWMBO is still a Windows user, from time to time she’ll ask me to resolve an issue, I’m shocked at how clunky I find it now.

I’m using the free Fuji version of C1 I find it quite intuitive but very limited, I’m assuming the full version has a lot more bells and whistles ?

I’m using the free Fuji version of C1 I find it quite intuitive but very limited, I’m assuming the full version has a lot more bells and whistles ?

The greatest omission for me is a decent spot removal tool/brush. Otherwise it's ok, I do find it a bit clunky and not as fun or easy to use as LR. Maybe I'll give it another go, it is free after all

The greatest omission for me is a decent spot removal tool/brush. Otherwise it's ok, I do find it a bit clunky and not as fun or easy to use as LR. Maybe I'll give it another go, it is free after all

VSCO works great for spot removals on iPad :)

Back