The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

That's a very nice shot Colin, well controlled exposure with some light still in the sky.(y)

George.

Lovely shot when I was up in July it absolutely peed down and stayed in the car half an hour until it stopped and had a quick 5 minutes before it started again.

It's a right shame they built those Kelpies right by that HT transmission route! What were they thinking of? Lovely pic otherwise, Colin.

A few random images taken in Northern Lanzarote this morning, just walking around snapping whatever caught my eye. Transferred them from xt-1 using Fuji connect app to iPad and they seem to be not quite right, pixellated when zoomed in and very soft focus, all taken with 10-24mm image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Quick question, does anyone here use a Lexar Professional 150mbs 1000x UHS II card? When i fire of loads of images it take almost 2 and a half minutes to stop writing to the card. Just wondering if ive got a dodgy one.

At a guess, it was used as a film/TV set and the posters were dressing for that. Maybe Dr Who??

Quick question, does anyone here use a Lexar Professional 150mbs 1000x UHS II card? When i fire of loads of images it take almost 2 and a half minutes to stop writing to the card. Just wondering if ive got a dodgy one.

That sounds a bit dodgy / fake. Did you format it in the camera?

@jimgallaher did you mean to include thepics twice?

No, it's something that seems to happen regularly with me when I upload using my iPad, I can assure you it's nothing to do with 5 euro for a really nice bottle of wine in my current location :rolleyes:

He did that so that @snap-happy had extra time to check for sharpness.
LOL it's good to have someone keep an eye on my sub par pics, where would this forum be if a shot got posted that didn't puncture ones eyeballs with sharpnosity :eek:

Think my card is the same and when scrolling through pictures on the XT1 it hangs for a bit then goes backroad normal...

No, it's something that seems to happen regularly with me when I upload using my iPad, I can assure you it's nothing to do with 5 euro for a really nice bottle of wine in my current location
Funny you should mention that. My mate uses an iPhone or ipad and his mails to me regularly come through twice. Not every time but most times. He's been to the Apple store and been told that it simply can't happen and it must be his error in sending the messages twice.

Funny you should mention that. My mate uses an iPhone or ipad and his mails to me regularly come through twice. Not every time but most times. He's been to the Apple store and been told that it simply can't happen and it must be his error in sending the messages twice.
When it happens on my iPlod it's because I've impatiently pressed the "post reply"button twice thinking it hadn't taken it first time.

When it happens on my iPlod it's because I've impatiently pressed the "post reply"button twice thinking it hadn't taken it first time.
Not the case with me, before I hit post reply there were 5 thumbnails, and not all were duplicated, it's happened before many times. I usually go in and edit the code.

I use the Lexar 600x cards and on CH mode images write to the card in a matter of seconds. Doesn't sound right what you're experiencing.

Thanks for the replies chaps, seems there is defintely something wrong. I've just put my PNY 100mbs one in and tried that and it took the pictures and wrote to the card in just under 30 seconds. Amazon will be getting it back.

I've been messing about today in Faro with the 18-55mm and I'm really impressed! Quick focusing and decent IQ.

View attachment 47736

BTW, this is also my first test with the Fuji remote app in conjunction with the photo compress app...hope it doesn't look too pixelated!
Some very obvious vertical banding in the sky from the compression unfortunately :(

Just tried to replicate the issue I had but all seems fine now, mine came from 7dayshop IIRC

That's nice Stephen, with a good B&W conversion and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water. Clone out that bit of rock in the bottom right corner and the composition would be improved.(y)

George.

So yeah, I don't think I'll be trawling through 222 pages to see if it's been answered considering I've went through quite a few already haha! I'm new to the world of Fuji and have an X-T10. RAW files don't play ball. I've been converting to .DNG for them to be available in LightRoom. Does anyone else have a quicker and easier method than converting a large number of files? I'm using Mac OSX.

Nope. I'm using LR5 with an X-T1. When you say RAW files don't play ball do you mean with LR or can you just not view them in Windows? If the latter just google for the latest Windows Codec that covers your gear, download it and that should solve the issue.

Nope. I'm using LR5 with an X-T1. When you say RAW files don't play ball do you mean with LR or can you just not view them in Windows? If the latter just google for the latest Windows Codec that covers your gear, download it and that should solve the issue.

Fuji RAW files are RAF files. When I put them into LR 5.7 (Mac) You can't view the file nor import it as it can't create the previews based on the file format - RAF not RAW. So I've been using Adobe .DNG Converter to convert the RAF files to .DNG in order to do anything with them in LR. It's a long process converting say 20 files to be able to use them in LR.

Read somewhere you can edit the exif data and change xt10 to xt1 so the raf files can be read with lr5

Don't know if that works though, bought lr6 when my daughter got a xt10, been using lr3 up to then in conjunction with photo ninja

Back