The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well I decided today to finally see what the hell is going on with my Auto ISO being stuck above 800. Turns out it's....wait for it....the dynamic range setting! Yes, it's true! I discovered this after 3 factory resets and then reapplying my settings - the one that caused it to stop working properly is setting DR to 400%. Setting it to Auto made it jam at ISO 400, setting it at 100 finally allows the Auto ISO to drop to 200. Happy now, after spending yesterday getting incredibly irked at it refusing to go below iso 800 even when it was severely overexposing at f1.4 and max shutter speed!

I assume it makes no difference to raw files anyway what the DR setting is but that would be highly annoying if I were a Jpeg shooter.

Thanks for sharing, it's something to keep an eye out for. I think theres a few new owners in this thread and we are all learning the cameras quirks as we go along.

Does anyone here ever use any DSLR lenses with an adaptor on their XT1?

I was thinking about getting a sigma 10-20 and adaptor as a wide angle solution until funds a allow for a Fuji 10-24.

Hi Greg, I use some of my Nikon manual lenses with my X-T1 with very good results. I'm not familiar with the Sigma 10-20 lens but if it does not have a manual Aperture Ring then it will be a little difficult to use as when a legacy lens is attached via an adaptor to an X-T1 it needs to be stopped down manually.

You can get adaptors with a means of stopping a non aperture ring lens down but it is a bit touch and go with regards to the accuracy of the F-stop that has been set.

Finally if you do get an adaptor then make sure it is one that will allow you to focus the legacy lens at infinity as not all of the adaptors allow this.

Hope this helps.,

George.

Does anyone here ever use any DSLR lenses with an adaptor on their XT1?

I was thinking about getting a sigma 10-20 and adaptor as a wide angle solution until funds a allow for a Fuji 10-24.

I have a few old manual lenses Canon FD & M42 fittings. I have bought adapters from Amazon for around a tenner and they work fine. An example of a pic with a Vivitar 100-300mm f5 lens below. Allthough I find this lens performs ok, but not the greatest at 270-300mm it will serve me until Fuji bring out the superzoom later this year.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/95599258@N06/14609221684/in/photostream/player/" width="1024" height="683" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: I think theres a member on the XPro-1 thread using a Nikon wide angle zoom with good results, It maybe worth checking that thread.

Last edited:
I have m42 and QBM adapters for my X-Pro1, but nothing wider than a 35mm Flektogon to test them with.

Not cheap, but a speedbooster/lensturbo adapter might widen the field of view with adapted lenses.

I know cropping a useful tool,its just the way i shoot i like to fill the frame with what i see :)

So do I. My reply was based on the fact the OP wanted to use a large non native lens via adapter, when instead he could buy a native wide angle for less and it will be smaller and perform better. Reply was case specific.

So do I. My reply was based on the fact the OP wanted to use a large non native lens via adapter, when instead he could buy a native wide angle for less and it will be smaller and perform better. Reply was case specific.

Ok fair enough :)

Ordered another one today with a 23mm and of course the obligatory two spare batteries.

Going to try and cover Saturday's wedding purely with Fuji although will have the D3s/35 on standby just in case...

I had a look for one but I don't think the normal 3" one will fit. It only just covered my X100s screen, which was 2.8".
If its any help, I used an Expert Shield protector ( Amazon) . It fits perfectly, goes on easily ( if you're careful) and looks good. Its perfectly clear, not the matt finish and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

I bought one for my X-Pro 1 too.

Allan

I had a look for one but I don't think the normal 3" one will fit. It only just covered my X100s screen, which was 2.8".
If its any help, I used an Expert Shield protector ( Amazon) . It fits perfectly, goes on easily ( if you're careful) and looks good. Its perfectly clear, not the matt finish and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

I bought one for my X-Pro 1 too.

Allan

Agree - the Expert Shield is great

Joined the XT1 club last night. All I can say is wow! What a wonderful little camera. Feels exceptionally good in the hand, controls are great ( to be honest i had thought the dials were a gimmick, but they are so handy!) and most importantly the images are fantastic. I've not had much chance to play with it yet, but from what I've seen the jpegs SOOC have a certain something to them, its hard to put my finger on, but its like they're finished already if that makes sense.

Charge faster!!

Just opened mine, serial starts 42M so hopefully no light leak, one thing I noticed is the D pad isnt spongy like earlier models, feels good, has a click to it. So far so good.

M
Charge faster!!

Just opened mine, serial starts 42M so hopefully no light leak, one thing I noticed is the D pad isnt spongy like earlier models, feels good, has a click to it. So far so good.
Mines an earlier model, (41M, but no light leaks and has clicky buttons). I would have liked the D pad buttons sticking up a bit more from the body making them easier to feel and press, but you get used to it.
Allan

Mines an earlier model, (41M, but no light leaks and has clicky buttons). I would have liked the D pad buttons sticking up a bit more from the body making them easier to feel and press, but you get used to it.
Allan

I was expecting it to be worse tbh, I think the D pad is okay (not amazing), I can see why some may be annoyed with that combined with the mushy D pad though as it must make it quite a lot worse.

First impressions without turning it on after owning XE1, XP1, X100, X100s. Definitely feels the best in my hands. Very comfy. Id rate as follows in terms of ergonomics XT1, X100S/X100, XE1, XP1. Feels very well made, better than the other models, so glad it has a card slot on the side!! Not sure what the issue is with the record button, doubt Id ever accidentally press it as my finger overhangs exp comp which is fine.

I know what IQ it can deliver so Im already happy with that.... its just operation speed and AF now. Cmon Fuji, be the camera I always wanted you to be!

Last edited:
Charge faster!!

Mine is high in the 41M and a later model, which I had from Panamoz a couple of weeks ago. The earlier model I had from the Fuji refurb store was a low number model and the pad was spongey on that, also, it seemed as if the viewfinder glass was loose on it, which maybe, why some have complained about dust in viewfinder. My new VF one is tight with no movement and clicky d-pad, much better than the refurb I had.

Last edited:
M

Allan

I think they are a little softer, especially compared to the Xpro-1, it's been said that they need to be a little recessed for the Weather Proofing?????

I was expecting it to be worse tbh, I think the D pad is okay (not amazing), I can see why some may be annoyed with that combined with the mushy D pad though as it must make it quite a lot worse.

First impressions without turning it on after owning XE1, XP1, X100, X100s. Definitely feels the best in my hands. Very comfy. Id rate as follows in terms of ergonomics XT1, X100S/X100, XE1, XP1. Feels very well made, better than the other models, so glad it has a card slot on the side!! Not sure what the issue is with the record button, doubt Id ever accidentally press it as my finger overhangs exp comp which is fine.

I know what IQ it can deliver so Im already happy with that.... its just operation speed and AF now. Cmon Fuji, be the camera I always wanted you to be!

I have had the X20, XE-1, Xpro-1 (twice) and now the XT1. I also find the ergonomics to be the best of the ones I have owned. I have largish hands and I haven't had a problem moving or hitting any buttons by mistake. The only thing which took me a couple of days to get used to was the Focus Assist button using my legacy lenses, I just couldn't find initially, but it's fine now. Also, compared to the Xpro1 it's nice to have a flash again if needed.

PS, I bet you cant wait until the morning for the 56, it's like Christmas Day with all these parcels.:) I had a Think Tank Retrospective 7 delivered today, I think it will offer better padding than my Crumpler. I sold my last one as I wanted to keep the weight down, wifey thinks I'm mad.

Last edited:
This beautiful box arrived for me while I was at Glastonbury, can't wait to get out and play with it :D

QSBHknal.jpg

I have had the X20, XE-1, Xpro-1 (twice) and now the XT1. I also find the ergonomics to be the best of the ones I have owned. I have largish hands and I haven't had a problem moving or hitting any buttons by mistake. The only thing which took me a couple of days to get used to was the Focus Assist button using my legacy lenses, I just couldn't find initially, but it's fine now. Also, compared to the Xpro1 it's nice to have a flash again if needed.

PS, I bet you cant wait until the morning for the 56, it's like Christmas Day with all these parcels.:) I had a Think Tank Retrospective 7 delivered today, I think it will offer better padding than my Crumpler. I sold my last one as I wanted to keep the weight down, wifey thinks I'm mad.

Yup, looking forward to it, restrospectives are so nice.

Retrospective 7 - Big enough to comfortably carry three Fujis, three Fuji lenses, batteries, cards, filters etc without having to rummage around to find stuff?

I have been using the geotagging function with my iPhone. It needs a data connection, which, while free on my 3 network phone here and in France, will start to become expensive if we travel to a country where I have to pay for data ( also, many places in the UK have no 3 signal)
So, I am looking for a gps unit that I can use with my X-T1
Anybody use one that they can recommend?
Allan

Those ONA bags look nice, particularly the Brixton. I was reading about them on the Billingham Hadley Pro thread on here yesterday. Seem a bit pricey, but when you weigh up what their carrying it puts things in perspective. I think a lot of people scrimp on their bags although to me it's all part of your gear.

The above is true I recently had a chat with a fella who was gutted he dropped his Nikon D4 when his £6 fleabay camera strap broke, gear wasn't even insured ! I mean why why would you !

Back