The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just heard we are going to get the £250 voucher of the 18-135mm,they are just not sure how they are going to do it yet :)

Got one of Xpro-1 body up for sale to paid for it :D

In theory, they have the details of those of us who registered their X-T1 purchase so should be able to send us the vouchers. Just wondering what to trade in against the lens...

I am still undecided whether to go full frame DSLR (6D) or keep to something a little smaller and lighter. I think the latter is probably the way to go, as I've sold DSLR gear before as it regularly got left at home for being too bulky and heavy. Anyone care to post some nice example images taken with the X-T1 to help with my decision?

I didn't think the X-T1 buttons were a major issue before, but after applying some Sugru it's amazing just how much better they are. No more wondering whether I'm pressing a button! I still need to test them out in use, but the adhesion seems decent.

BojmerXIUAAu081_zps2fe757ca.jpg

In theory, they have the details of those of us who registered their X-T1 purchase so should be able to send us the vouchers. Just wondering what to trade in against the lens...

I am glad to know i am getting the £250 of,put one of my Xpro-1 body up for sale to buy one,should be a great walkabout lens :)

I'll probably be putting the 18mm against the 18-135 WR but I might see how much the X-Pro1 would be worth against it. I did quite well with the free 60mm I got with the X-Pro and 18mm when I traded it in against the 10-24 (which I LOVE!)

1st world problems!!!

I am still undecided whether to go full frame DSLR (6D) or keep to something a little smaller and lighter. I think the latter is probably the way to go, as I've sold DSLR gear before as it regularly got left at home for being too bulky and heavy. Anyone care to post some nice example images taken with the X-T1 to help with my decision?

Here are a few recent images taken with my X -T1, I personally just love the intuitiveness of the X system and the superb quality optics, photography has become a pleasure for me again and not a chore..........

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/nqbYGt']
[/url]

Last edited:
Here are a few recent images taken with my X -T1, I personally just love the intuitiveness of the X system and the superb quality optics, photography has become a pleasure for me again and not a chore..........

Thank you. Very nice. Which lenses were you using?

Thank you. Very nice. Which lenses were you using?

Thanks Pete, Sorry I should of put a bit more information out really. The Fujinon lenses have an all-metal barrel construction and an on-lens aperture control ring.

1) Whitby Harbour - Fujinon 18-55mm f/2.8 - not your average kit lens, very good quality. and a real top performer.

2) York Railway Station - Fujinon 18mm f/2.0 - Super sharp with no visible illumination fall off.

3) Swan on the River Ouse - Fujinon 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 - Near-silent fast autofocus, premium optics.

4) Liverpool waterfront - Fujinon 18-55mm f/2.8 - Probably the only lens you need for a day out.

5) Street Band, York - Fujinon 23mm f/1.4 - Arguably Fujis sharpest lens in the set, my personal favourite. (35mm DSLR equivalent)

6) York Minster - Fujinon 10-24mm f/4 - Brilliant lens, supper sharp and really handy to have in your bag.

Heres another taken with the 10-24mm - The Shambles, York:-

Brilliant. Thanks again BC.

Much as I like primes I personally get more use (and therefore VFM from my purchase) from zooms. I can see that the X-T1 with the three zooms you have quoted there would cover all bases for me. It would be a fair outlay, but I wouldn't (shouldn't) need anything else once I have those in my bag - until the temptation of the new WR lenses gets my wallet twitching again!

Brilliant. Thanks again BC.

Much as I like primes I personally get more use (and therefore VFM from my purchase) from zooms. I can see that the X-T1 with the three zooms you have quoted there would cover all bases for me. It would be a fair outlay, but I wouldn't (shouldn't) need anything else once I have those in my bag - until the temptation of the new WR lenses gets my wallet twitching again!

You mean until they release the 16-55 and the 50-140? Both 2.8's! :woot:

You mean until they release the 16-55 and the 50-140? Both 2.8's! :woot:
Exactly. A bit worried about the price of those though, so hopefully the need to put food on the table would stop me from making any 'unnecessary' purchases. :whistle:

The 10-24mm, 18-55mm, & 55-200mm are all very good quality lenses. To be honest the quality is better than my Nikon lenses in my opinion. The build quality is good (no barrel slip) and the optics superb.

I was in my local LCE,and they told Fuji had send them an e.mail about the voucher :)

I'll have to pop into my favourite shop and see if the Fuji shooting manager is in today to find out more... He's very pro-active and has phoned the rep a few times to get answers to questions he doesn't know the answers to (like the vouchers, release dates etc.) I'll want a quick play with the WR lens before deciding what to trade in against it. If it comes close to the 18-55's performance, I might swap that in, otherwise it'll be the 18 and possibly the X-Pro1, although I'd rather keep that. Sort of depends on the price of the 18-135. Hoping for <£750 but expecting a bit more.

I'll have to pop into my favourite shop and see if the Fuji shooting manager is in today to find out more... He's very pro-active and has phoned the rep a few times to get answers to questions he doesn't know the answers to (like the vouchers, release dates etc.) I'll want a quick play with the WR lens before deciding what to trade in against it. If it comes close to the 18-55's performance, I might swap that in, otherwise it'll be the 18 and possibly the X-Pro1, although I'd rather keep that. Sort of depends on the price of the 18-135. Hoping for <£750 but expecting a bit more.

Sold one of my X-pro1 to help paid for it,i am hoping it won't be over the £650/750 with the voucher £400/500 my way :)

What's the best 3rd party battery, I've been looking at a couple of EXpro's?

I've been using an Ansman (sp?) which I bought for my HS-30 which (handily) uses the same battery as the X-Pro and X-T. I've also pretty much retired the HS-30 so have the original battery for a spare too.

Hopefully finding out more about the 18-135 on Thursday - maybe even a firm price. It's expected to be of similar IQ to the other XF lenses but a stop slower than the 18-55.

90mm XF f/2 R anyone? - I don't usually set much store by the rumour mills, but it's definitely a lens I would like to see on the road map. Let's hope it's non-macro and non-OIS to keep the price reasonable.

https://flic.kr/p/kV4J5u

Beautiful set all round, but this is killer :)

90mm XF f/2 R anyone? - I don't usually set much store by the rumour mills, but it's definitely a lens I would like to see on the road map. Let's hope it's non-macro and non-OIS to keep the price reasonable.

Now that would be very nice.

Reading this thread is hazardous to my wallet !

Reading this thread is hazardous to my wallet !

As are so many thread on TP! This one is threatening my bank balance also, although I'm now trying to exercise a litttle uncharacteristic restraint and wait for the release of new lenses before committing.

As are so many thread on TP! This one is threatening my bank balance also, although I'm now trying to exercise a litttle uncharacteristic restraint and wait for the release of new lenses before committing.

Same here, that's the kind of money you can by a car or a holiday in south America with...
Last week I bought a lottery scratch card, I closed my eye and swear: "if I get a 1000 pound I buy an xt1", I got nothing...

Thanks for your comments folks

The X-T1 is a wonderful camera in so many respects; handling, IQ, control and so on and the lenses are terrific.

OK, so these images are heavily modded but the actual original pics themselves come out so well from a camera that's so very nice to use, you just end up taking lots of pics. Which is the point!

FUEL
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

It is a great camera and it's making a big impact in the photographic world and its establishing a massive following. Great image by the way. I'm only looking at this on an iPhone but the tones look good.

I went to buy a back up X-T1 today from the Fuji refurb shop - sold out !

I've been using an Ansman (sp?) which I bought for my HS-30 which (handily) uses the same battery as the X-Pro and X-T. I've also pretty much retired the HS-30 so have the original battery for a spare too.

Hopefully finding out more about the 18-135 on Thursday - maybe even a firm price. It's expected to be of similar IQ to the other XF lenses but a stop slower than the 18-55.

Nod, could you do me a favour and see if there are any deals to be had from Sunday June 1st, for body / lens deals. I have tried to find out myself from my local dealer and they know nothing, although the don't sell much Fuji.

I have sold the XP1, but I am holding out to buy the XT1 until I know the June / next quarter deals, if any! If no suitable financial deals I may have to go abroad for the kit.

Thanks
Simon

Back