The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

In the immortal words of Goldmember, "That's a keeper" Fantastic shot, looks just like my middle son 20 odd years ago :)

Thanks. Sky is just about genuine. Only minor tweaks. Twas a glorious morning.
Shot is very nearly SOOC.

Could I get some advice please as I've just bought an XT1 and firmware 4 is very good but what I'm finding is that when holding the camera with the 55-200 attached I can't get it to feel right and it hurts my smallest finger - do you guys recommend any particular brackets or cases that make the camera more comfortable to hold and use in normal landscape format.

I brought a cheap l plate off of eBay. Certainly help with the grip. Just search xt1 l plate on eBay. Mine cost about £12. Feel nice on the camera and adds to the finger grip too.
There is always the battery grip, that will make the camera much larger. I have seen aftermarket ones on eBay for under £50. May invest in one once I have a need.

Thanks for the links I have a coupl of more questions if you don't mind

On this one there doesn't seem to be an extension for actually handgrip on the right so do you get more comfort from the camera being more balanced?

I have a Sunway photo L plate on mine. A bit more pricey than the e-bay ones, but it has an additional grip extension for your right hand. Makes holding the camera so much easier.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Rel...493699?hash=item542647d143:g:O1gAAOSw9mFWM12c

Is this link to the sunway one as it's cheaper than the plate only above - sorry if I've misunderstood.

Could I get some advice please as I've just bought an XT1 and firmware 4 is very good but what I'm finding is that when holding the camera with the 55-200 attached I can't get it to feel right and it hurts my smallest finger - do you guys recommend any particular brackets or cases that make the camera more comfortable to hold and use in normal landscape format.

Take a look at the Fuji Handgrips, I bought the large one for my last XT1 and it completely changed the handling for me with large lenses (16-55 & 50-140)

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-...afif2z2pyhb-ql0v2to3vrtcutgfzsogzkhockdvw_wcb

The use of handgrips is a personal one. If possible you should try a few before you decide if, and what size, you prefer. Personally I can't get on with vertical grips at all, but love the small improvement a half-case such as a Gariz provides. But the metal plate grips do have the added bonus of incorporating an Arca-compatible tripod mount.

Ah no. Sorry. Not sure what happened there. That link is best forgotten. This is the link direct to the Sunwayfoto shop. The sellers are called CGUK and they are very good people to deal with. They also have an Amazon shop if you prefer to go that route.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNWAYFOT...-Compatible-/271837390659?hash=item3f4ac56743

Thank you I did search eBay but couldn't find that one :)

Take a look at the Fuji Handgrips, I bought the large one for my last XT1 and it completely changed the handling for me with large lenses (16-55 & 50-140)

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-...afif2z2pyhb-ql0v2to3vrtcutgfzsogzkhockdvw_wcb

I have to admit I think this is where I might end up as they seem to have the rubberised grip I keeping with the body.

What I can't work out is should I go for the large or the mediums (see no point in the small) - trying to work out what is a standard sized is impossible LOL.

I had a Gariz case on my former X100 and thought it was excellent but I'm trying to avoid spending twice if possible as I've already blown my budget LOL :)

Thanks for the links I have a coupl of more questions if you don't mind

On this one there doesn't seem to be an extension for actually handgrip on the right so do you get more comfort from the camera being more balanced?

Is this link to the sunway one as it's cheaper than the plate only above - sorry if I've misunderstood.

Haha... My link mucked up too. Mine is more like the second link with the additional grip added to the front. Definitely makes it more comfortable in my hands. Although you can remove that if wanted as well. It's all separate parts with Allen key screws.

Ah yeah, that makes sense! Looks a bit heavy to move, surprised they needed a sign Lol
Taken on a "Timeline Events" workshop at Didcot Railway centre. I've called this "The Gaffer"

View attachment 49550

Shame about the stick in the barrow, great shot otherwise, would be a tad better if the number wasn't clipped though. Was it actually in steam? Seems odd to have that sign on a serviceable loco.

Shame about the stick in the barrow, great shot otherwise, would be a tad better if the number wasn't clipped though. Was it actually in steam? Seems odd to have that sign on a serviceable loco.
I thought the broom handle actually acted as a lead-in line, but there you go. They always put that sign on any rolling stock undergoing maintenance, even cleaning, if men are working on the moving parts. It wasn't in steam, just a smoke machine! Oh, and the number was more apparent till I corrected a photographer-induced tilt.

hang on a dog gone minute...I bought a 18mm lens from currys/pcworld on fri 30th oct.........does that mean I get the cash back offer?????!

Back