The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Fuji Rumors are reporting some interesting stuff - a 2x teleconverter coming soon, which works with the 100-400mm :eek: How is that even possible with a max. aperture of f/5.6 natively, unless mirrorless is more capable at this sort of stuff than DSLRs?

http://www.fujirumors.com/cp-fujifi...not-in-roadmap-now-will-still-come-this-year/

Also reporting that the X-T2 will have 4k video, and that the XP2 is capable of 4k, but they didn't implement it as 80% of XP1 users sampled said they didn't care! LOL if true :D

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-...x-pro2-via-fw-monochrome-x-pro-x30-successor/

Different filters, one is SRB 10 stopper, magenta colour cast which I've tried to remove, the other it's the Hitech Firecrest 16 stopper, seems fairly neutral but not quite
Right, makes sense. I like the magenta cast better than the other, somehow. Was the mill sign really green? If not, that may be what's going on. If it was actually green, then I'm not sure what it is...

Right, makes sense. I like the magenta cast better than the other, somehow. Was the mill sign really green? If not, that may be what's going on. If it was actually green, then I'm not sure what it is...

Steam Mill sign is a greeny grey, here is a rezised Provia JPG (SOOC) I took when first starting with no filters. Any suggestions you can make will be gratefully received :)

Yes, the clue would be in the images on the previous page.....:) Had a good day there yesterday just shooting long exposures
:exit:

Missed that thought it was we went with the club a couple of years ago never got any decent shots as the rained all weekend :(

A couple of shots from yesterday's potholing meet. Deep under Ingleborough with @sirch and @DuncanDisorderly.
Chris knows all there is about caving and Duncan has forgotten more than I know about underground lighting. Me? I was just the baggage!
We used the Fuji on these shots because it was the only camera that we could get to fire triggers for the flash we were using. Who took the shots? No idea. Camera was being passed back and forth.
Lots of cold melt water so after 5 hours in it we just had to call off for a pint at Hill Inn.
Used the Fuji and 18-55 all day. Worked well apart from operator faults!
A good day.

Duncan on the climb
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Chris at the top
by mickledore on Talk Photography

Ooooh noooo, first world country problem alert! 23 / 35 or 23 / 56. I do prefer 35 / 50 but I already have that covered with my ARTs and the 85 is just nice for the OOF on APSC. :confused:

Last edited:
I'm on 35/56 at present. Our Perceptive friend swears by the 23/56. First world country solution...buy them all!

No contest, if you have the budget 23 + 56

My order of the 'five prime selection' would be 23, then 56, then 14, then 35 then 90 The 90 is only last as its my least go to focal length. - you could substitute the 16 for the 14 but the 16 is the only Fuji prime I've not owned (yet) and the new 35mm f2, but @mickledore has banned me from buying anymore camera bodies and lenses this year, otherwise the penalty is a pint, 2 months in and the GAS is still under control.

Last edited:
I'm on 35/56 at present. Our Perceptive friend swears by the 23/56. First world country solution...buy them all!

She would destroy me if I did that. Theres pushing it and theres taking the P, I dont know what the issue is tbh.

You mean you would tell her?

You're not under the thumb are you?

Lol, no. Shes quite good like that tbh, but my camera gear spending has to stop at some point, even I have to realise that. If I had more time to make money from it again then it pays for itself, 2 top end systems and associated lenses and lighting is probably enough.

anyone interested in a lensmate thumbrest?

I over ordered and have two spare :)

also 2 x lolumina black soft releases

I would be interested in a soft release please if it were listed in the clasifieds as per forum rules (hope that was subtle enough ;))

Interesting read.
I to only shoot with an XT1 and 18-55. As much as I would love other lenses I think it is more lust than for practicality reasons.

Or denial........... seriously though the 18-55 is a great lens, yes it loses out to some of the others in sharpness and ability in low light but it's still a great lens. I often take out just my X-E2 and the 18-55 if I want a real lightweight package.

I would be interested in a soft release please if it were listed in the clasifieds as per forum rules (hope that was subtle enough ;))

lol i'll stick them in there, just wanted to gauge interest otherwise I would send them back to the states instead.

Perhaps you could reply to a wanted thread if I should happen to create one

Back