The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Not on the 27mm. You can use use the front and back dial for shutter speed and aperture as you on the d750..as far as know.

Today was your day I think? Did you find it impressive?

From looking at dp review studio test the samples from this even at 400 ISO look soft ???

Today was your day I think? Did you find it impressive?

Portrait shoot was postponed so took the Mrs away. The 35 1.4 is slow to focus but renders nice images. Will test more over the course of the weekend.

You got a shop local you can try one out at?

Which lens a good starting point that possibly fast to focus since people saying the 35mm isn't fast.

Seen a used xt1 I've put an offer in for local

Is anyone using an ONA Bowery with an XT1? Considering a smaller bag to compliment my Hadley Pro
I've got the canvas and the leather versions.

They happily fit 2 x-pro1 with L brackets fitted and small primes fitted too. The canvas has a little more give to squeeze kit into, the side pockets are a joke, front pockets hold a few filters or batteries, rear pocket holds a mini ipad but it sticks out a bit and may get knicked or fall out. They're lovely bags but only suited for a body and a couple of lenses for a walkabout. The leather is lush but marks at every touch.

The canvas one doesn't get any comments but the leather one in cognac stands out in a crowd, it gets handbag comments too. I still mostly use my hadleys.

Can anyone co firm the dp review studio test is misleading it shows the xt1 is good noise handling but sharpness is poor compare to like other cameras at 6400

I've got the canvas and the leather versions.

They happily fit 2 x-pro1 with L brackets fitted and small primes fitted too. The canvas has a little more give to squeeze kit into, the side pockets are a joke, front pockets hold a few filters or batteries, rear pocket holds a mini ipad but it sticks out a bit and may get knicked or fall out. They're lovely bags but only suited for a body and a couple of lenses for a walkabout. The leather is lush but marks at every touch.

The canvas one doesn't get any comments but the leather one in cognac stands out in a crowd, it gets handbag comments too. I still mostly use my hadleys.

Cheers. In line with my expectations I guess. I'm looking at it purely for a taking-to-weddings (or whatever) when I only want to take the XT1 with 35/f1.4 and 18/f2 and a pair of sunglasses (or brolly), so it should be fine size-wise. Just small enough to fit in a standard wheely carry-on, which helps too. Think I'll go leather so I have a a bit more distinction from the Hadley..

Which lens a good starting point that possibly fast to focus since people saying the 35mm isn't fast.

Seen a used xt1 I've put an offer in for local
Why on earth are you looking into a system before knowing what lenses you want? This seems totally backwards to me.

1. Know what you shoot
2. Work out what lenses to achieve that
3. Pick the appropriate system based on the above

Why on earth are you looking into a system before knowing what lenses you want? This seems totally backwards to me.

1. Know what you shoot
2. Work out what lenses to achieve that
3. Pick the appropriate system based on the above

I am asking which of the Fuji lens are fast at AF to see if those will be good enough for me if not then I won't bother...

As someone says the 35mm 1.4 is slow AF but the 2 is fast. These are information I need

Most likely a mix of the xtrans effect on sharpening, and poor default sharpening/Nr settings in camera.
X-trans sharpening is different to other cameras, best to Google that since it's a can of worms.

I use the normal method when sharpening and get perfectly good photos. The issues arise when sharpening pictures with lots of fine detail, like foliage/hair etc.
It's more of an issue with software than the camera, a few programs get it right, capture1 and iridient being the best two IMO. I still use lightroom though, in the real world the images still look tack sharp, even when pixelpeeping, aside from the fine patterned stuff.

Most likely a mix of the xtrans effect on sharpening, and poor default sharpening/Nr settings in camera.
X-trans sharpening is different to other cameras, best to Google that since it's a can of worms.

I use the normal method when sharpening and get perfectly good photos. The issues arise when sharpening pictures with lots of fine detail, like foliage/hair etc.
It's more of an issue with software than the camera, a few programs get it right, capture1 and iridient being the best two IMO. I still use lightroom though, in the real world the images still look tack sharp, even when pixelpeeping, aside from the fine patterned stuff.

Thank you for this information.

Cheers. In line with my expectations I guess. I'm looking at it purely for a taking-to-weddings (or whatever) when I only want to take the XT1 with 35/f1.4 and 18/f2 and a pair of sunglasses (or brolly), so it should be fine size-wise. Just small enough to fit in a standard wheely carry-on, which helps too. Think I'll go leather so I have a a bit more distinction from the Hadley..

The cognac is a lovely colour but I wish I'd had the darker truffle colour, it's more discreet.

Forgot to mention that the fastener is a push in clip not a leather buckle, the buckle is false. The actual fastener is under the leather strap. The strap clips are also brass effect. Not a biggie but for the money they should've been brass.

They are nice and will suit what you describe, just be aware of the manbag comments :whistle:

Thanks. #1 was a nine shot HDR taken in the pouring rain with an umbrella (NOT the famous Salford Quays one) held over the gear.

Where were you yesterday with all these expensive cars, or are they in your garage?

Thanks, Mark.
Matt was a really good guide/organiser. It was my first one, looking forward to
more. Really helpful taking pics with other photographers and talking shop.

We went on the Liverpool one. Organisation was a shambles. Started late then organiser charged off leaving togs strewn all over Liverpool. Won't be on that again.

We went on the Liverpool one. Organisation was a shambles. Started late then organiser charged off leaving togs strewn all over Liverpool. Won't be on that again.

maybe the same one i went on! ...i think there were too many of us that day! ... started out at pier head ...i'm a bit of a loner when shooting so didn't bother me as much. Matt is a good bloke to talk to tho! ..always enthusiastic

Back