The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea's Eden Hazard has just been sent off for kicking a ball boy. Fernando Torres had a go as well but he missed.

Could be big trouble over that incident.

Ballboy was being a prat - clearly holding things up. Hazard was trying to kick the ball (not that hard) out from under him but it was a daft thing for him to do.

Ballboy was being a prat - clearly holding things up. Hazard was trying to kick the ball (not that hard) out from under him but it was a daft thing for him to do.

Phil, the ball boy is a child, it is a game of football. Hazard should not have done that.

It is indefensible mate.

Why did the ballboy not hand over the ball to Hazard? Instead, he grabbed the ball from Hazard and then lay on top of the ball ..... Crazy!

He shouldn't have done it but the ballboy was ridiculous iam surprised he wasn't booked for time wasting lol

The media are making a big thing out of this, I would be very worried if the ballboy was my son, some nasty nutters out there.

https://BANNED/CHARLIEM0RGAN/status/294135719700602881
This is a tweet from said ball boy before the match. What a prat.

Agree. What a meal being made of it. The ballboy was being a total idiot and all Hazard did was try to kick the ball. The meal he made of it was a joke.

It seems as if there is a total over reaction as usual from our media. I'm no Chelsea fan but he didn't kick the ball boy he kicked the ball from underneath him looking at the video footage.

The kid certainly looks as if he's making a meal of it!

Conversely, Hazard is 22 and a professional footballer who should also know better............

Agree Hazard lost his cool and should know better.

But the 17 year old, that tweets his plan of action BEFORE the game is an idiot and should be ban from football

Can't believe I'm defending a Chelsea player Lolll

Phil, the ball boy is a child, it is a game of football. Hazard should not have done that.

It is indefensible mate.

Now there is evidence the ball 'youth/adult' was not in fact a child.....what is your view and also the tweets he has done and did do before hand?

I'm reading the ball boy's dad is a man called Martin Morgan, owner of Morgan's Hotel. Where are the Chelsea team staying tonight? Morgan's Hotel. Amazing!

Edit: Not true, see below.

Last edited:
Chelsea's Eden Hazard has just been sent off for kicking a ball boy. Fernando Torres had a go as well but he missed.

:bang:
Player Expenditure of current Premier League Teams. Period 1992-2013

Team - Total Purchased - Total Sold - Total Nett Spend - Nett Spend Per Season

Chelsea-£841,440,000-£248,475,000-£592,965,000-£28,236,429

Man City-£703,180,000-£204,553,000-£498,627,000-£23,744,143

Liverpool-£592,505,000-£333,970,000-£258,535,000-£12,311,190

Man United-£531,150,000-£317,740,000-£213,410,000-£10,162,381

Tottenham-£472,050,000-£306,017,500-£166,032,500-£7,906,310

The scary thing about the money that has been spent by Man City is that it is just over £500M in five years. :eek: Averaging £100M a year since the takeover. So for the previous 16 years they spent about £200M, averaging about £12.5M a year.

I know there were up and down the divisions between 92 and 08, but I think they did well to be in the Premier League with average spending like that.

Obviously £100M a year should see success. You would hope so if you were spending it anyway. ;) :LOL:

Stupid thing for Hazard to do, but I have never seen a ballboy blatantly block the ball like that. He shouldn't be allowed pitchside again imho. Especially if reports are correct in that he set out to waste time. :nono:

Hazard's actions have forced me to take him out of my FF team. :bang:

Last edited:
Now there is evidence the ball 'youth/adult' was not in fact a child.....what is your view and also the tweets he has done and did do before hand?

I don`t read twitter,tweats or crap like that mate.

Whatever the ball boy/man/youth did,intended to do or said he was going to do, it was a remarkably silly thing for a professional footballer to have done.

I don`t read twitter,tweats or crap like that mate.

Whatever the ball boy/man/youth did,intended to do or said he was going to do, it was a remarkably silly thing for a professional footballer to have done.

All well and good that you do not participate in twitter but it does have some relevance to the events.

If the ball boy had not have held onto the ball for so long, Hazard would not have wanted/needed to try and recover it himself. The ref acted within the law. I hope Swansea are censured over the incident and that a mandate is then drawn up about such incidents so we can try and stop it from happening at future events.

Last edited:
So in summary:

-the ball boy announced on twitter before the game that he intended to waste time if the opportunity arose.

-He deliberately laid on the ball.

-Lay grimacing in agony when it appears Hazard attempted to kick the ball from under him and not his ribs.

-He's 17 and his old man's a director at Swansea!

I'm amazed Chelsea have apologised and would have thought they'd be demanding the red card to be rescinded. It would be nice for Swansea to take some sort of action too. The idiot's actions overshadowed what was otherwise a great night for them.

The fact remains, the ball boy/youth kept the ball and then proceeded to lay on top of it, hazard then appears to kick him and guess what....the ball appears the other side of him so the questions is this....

Did he kick the ball or did he kick the ball boy ?

Did the ball bot get his lessons on acting from every other pro footballer ?

Had a ball boy done the same at Wimbledon tennis, what would happen to them ?

Mountain and molehill spring to mind here

Regardless of the ball boy acting the goat - Hazard was foolish to kick out like that even if it was the ball he was after.

All he needed to do was point at the ball boy as he lay on the ball and indicate to the ref that time was being wasted.

Regardless of the ball boy acting the goat - Hazard was foolish to kick out like that even if it was the ball he was after.

All he needed to do was point at the ball boy as he lay on the ball and indicate to the ref that time was being wasted.

Agreed, that would have been the best course of action.

But on the basis he didn't do that, does he deserve to be red carded for what was essentially a con by the "youth".

Last edited:
A similar thing happened to our 2nd team captain the other week. He was lying on the ball and got a kick. Unfortunately the boot caught him in the face and he got a cut nose, cheek and eyebrow

Once he was patched up, he carried on playing

Oh yes, it was rugby where you learn from an early age that you expect to be kicked if you're in the way of the ball :LOL:

So if a streaker runs on the pitch and a player tackles him, the player is a hero. A ball boy lays on a ball to waste time and the player obviously did not deliberately kick him with intent try's to get the ball he is a disgrace? The lad should be prosecuted and banned. But i am sure he will get a full apology, interview in the Sun and financial settlement.

What a bloody fuss about nothing at all. He kicked the ball out from under the little turd.

Yes, Hazard shouldn't have done this. No question.

But can we stop defending the actions of the ball boy. Many talk of him being a boy. Well, he's not. He's 17 years old and a full time prat. He announced beforehand that he was recalled to be a ball boy on the night, that this would be his last match as a ball boy and that he would be timewasting. I think Swansea club have some questions that need to be answered. Do they condone timewasting tactics by their ball boys? Wow, this is a tactic that even Fergie hasn't employed to date (but watch this space :) ).

Despite what the third-rate pathetic excuses for sports journos we have to put up with in this country have to say, Hazard didn't intend to kick the prat. His intention, clearly, was to kick the ball out from under him and, from having re-watched all the videos, this appears to be what happened. The ball clearly pops out from the other side of the prat and Hazard jumps over him to grab the ball.

Prat then goes into drama-queen mode.

Of course Hazard shouldn't have done this and I suspect he'll be punished well beyond what might be considered appropriate. But those who understand the great game will also understand the immense frustrations generated by the prat's actions at the end of this cup game. Those who don't understand the great game will only read what they want to read in the press.

Yes, Hazard shouldn't have done this. No question.

But can we stop defending the actions of the ball boy. Many talk of him being a boy. Well, he's not. He's 17 years old and a full time prat. He announced beforehand that he was recalled to be a ball boy on the night, that this would be his last match as a ball boy and that he would be timewasting. I think Swansea club have some questions that need to be answered. Do they condone timewasting tactics by their ball boys? Wow, this is a tactic that even Fergie hasn't employed to date (but watch this space :) ).

Despite what the third-rate pathetic excuses for sports journos we have to put up with in this country have to say, Hazard didn't intend to kick the prat. His intention, clearly, was to kick the ball out from under him and, from having re-watched all the videos, this appears to be what happened. The ball clearly pops out from the other side of the prat and Hazard jumps over him to grab the ball.

Prat then goes into drama-queen mode.

Of course Hazard shouldn't have done this and I suspect he'll be punished well beyond what might be considered appropriate. But those who understand the great game will also understand the immense frustrations generated by the prat's actions at the end of this cup game. Those who don't understand the great game will only read what they want to read in the press.

That is everything that needs to be said. :clap:

So if a streaker runs on the pitch and a player tackles him, the player is a hero. A ball boy lays on a ball to waste time and the player obviously did not deliberately kick him with intent try's to get the ball he is a disgrace? The lad should be prosecuted and banned. But i am sure he will get a full apology, interview in the Sun and financial settlement.

I am sure a player got booked and possibly sent off for tackling an invader of the pitch....google is not playing ball though today.

There is this one but I sure it has happened in the UK too

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...09/Player-booked-for-tackling-a-streaker.html

And of course this case..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ager-is-sent-off-for-tackling-a-streaker.html

Last edited:
e79187d4bb3aee86d0dd4q4que.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back