The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal agreed for Wilfried Zaha

Manchester United, Crystal Palace and Wilfried Zaha have reached an agreement for the player to join Manchester United in July 2013.

The player is having a medical in Manchester today (Friday 25 January).

There will be no further comment by any party until Wilfried joins United in July 2013, although Sir Alex did speak briefly about the deal at his Friday morning press-conference.

"As we like to do, we sign young players with potential," the manager said.

"We can also develop players well here. That’s proved to be the case many times.

"Hopefully the boy will enjoy it coming here when he eventually does join us in the summer."

dinners said:
Deal agreed for Wilfried Zaha

Manchester United, Crystal Palace and Wilfried Zaha have reached an agreement for the player to join Manchester United in July 2013.

The player is having a medical in Manchester today (Friday 25 January).

There will be no further comment by any party until Wilfried joins United in July 2013, although Sir Alex did speak briefly about the deal at his Friday morning press-conference.

"As we like to do, we sign young players with potential," the manager said.

"We can also develop players well here. That’s proved to be the case many times.

"Hopefully the boy will enjoy it coming here when he eventually does join us in the summer."

Apparently the lad turned up for his medical with a half-naked picture of Imogen Heap on his t-shirt. I hope Giggs was around! Probably just another silly twitter rumour but I like to think they're true :D

Last edited:
Apparently the lad turned up for his medical with a half-naked picture of Imogen Heap on his t-shirt. I hope Giggs was around! Probably just another silly twitter rumour but I like to think they're true :D

nope not a rumour

249531hp2.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...hester-united-medical-in-imogen-?ICID=HP_TS_4

From BBC Sport:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is currently carrying out his pre-match press conference, and as a former Swansea boss, he has some inside knowledge on the Eden Hazard/ball boy incident:

He says: "I know Charlie, he's a good boy. His Twitter page has had a few hits!... Any manager, player or coach would have wanted their ball boy to do the same. He's a real good boy. Loves his football."

WTF is Buck doing getting involved in this? Twonk!

From BBC Sport:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is currently carrying out his pre-match press conference, and as a former Swansea boss, he has some inside knowledge on the Eden Hazard/ball boy incident:

He says: "I know Charlie, he's a good boy. His Twitter page has had a few hits!... Any manager, player or coach would have wanted their ball boy to do the same. He's a real good boy. Loves his football."

WTF is Buck doing getting involved in this? Twonk!

what a dolt

Imogen Thomas the tart lol

Nicked from a Chelsea chat forum:

FA Headquarters, Wembley Stadium, London.

Friday 25th January 2012. Time 11.00 hours.

The FA Disciplinary Panel are meeting. Sir Michael Stoat is chairman.

Sir Michael Stoat: We must do something about this incident with Eden Hazard.
Gideon Toady: Isn't he the chap that used to jump over buses on his motorcycle.
Stoat: That's Evel Knievel you idiot.
Humphrey Nutsack: I saw the Hazard thing on the television. Much ado about nothing, no violence involved, ballboy was a complete oik The red card was a bit harsh, let's rescind it.
Stoat: Normally I would agree but this Hazard chappie plays for Chelsea.
Toady and Nutsack together: Lets nail him.
Stoat: What, gentlemen, do you suggest we charge him with.
Toady: Was the ballboy black? We could go from the racist angle.
Stoat (angrily): No he's not black - he's from Wales.
Toady: Morgan Freeman's black and he's from Wales.
Stoat (exasperated): Morgan Freeman is not from Wales - he's American.
Toady (sheepishly): Well he's got a Welsh name.
Stoat: Can we get back to Hazard.
Nutsack: He was sent off for violent conduct, let's just increase the ban.
Toady: Will we have to ignore our own rules and make up some new ones?
Stoat: No, not this time.
Nutsack: The video doesn't really show any violence. This might look we're being a bit vindictive.
Stoat: Yes, but we don't hear the case. We appoint a panel of people we know will come to the 'right' result and say they are independent (everyone laughs). That is the beauty of our system - we are accountable to no one and we can do what we want.

They all start singing-
We do what we want
We do what we want
We're the FA
And we do what we want.

This continues until Sir Michael breaks wind and follows through. The meeting is adjourned.

Interesting day of football today. Giroud, Walcott and Ramsey were all excellent but we're still suffering too much from individual errors in defence. The win's the main thing, and the fact we rested some key players is a bonus.

Luton are the first non-league team to knock out a top flight side since 1989.

I'm not sure our QPR fans will be best pleased though!

Yep - time to be called everything under the sun shortly. Catch you later.

Naughty tackle by Whelan today on Garcia that was totally missed by Mr Web.

Good win. Zabaleta top man again (y)

Chris :)

dinners said:
Baby has arrived !

Loving that. Typical father. Not, "it's a boy/girl". If its a boy call it Alex. If its a girl...... Call it Alex. Obvs.

Congrats mate, hope mother and babe are doing well (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back