The Football Thread - Season 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance overall particularly 2nd half back four and Degea were exceptional and despite my earlier fears Wellbeck had a great game

Last edited:
joescrivens said:
If he did touch it then it was a brush and no way near enough to actually push it not the post

Are you mental? That was a class (maybe even room for the word 'world' in there) save.

Great performances from rio, Evans, carrick, jones and welbeck. Bring it on Jose!

Is rat boy blind?

Going on about de gea making a great save, he didn't touch the ball. It just went straight to the post

Too much nibbling on the drywall

Time to go to specsavers Joe.might have been a faint touch but it was the difference between it going in off the post or coming back out

It was a good save.

Joe sometimes only sees what he wants to see but I honestly don't think he can help it.

you Man U boys have your red specs on. It was no save at all.

Only saw the first half as was out for a beer after. Did united show up in the second half as 1st half they were very poor.

How did second half go?

United did the same as you in the second half....................hit the bar!

The game was played a bit more in the middle of the park 2nd half Joe.Back line held solid and we even managed to miss a couple of sitters to win it

joescrivens said:
A good result in the end then. You should see them off at old Trafford.

Should we ?

Thought this was funny....

Fergie on Ronaldo goal: "I blamed Evra until I saw replay, then I felt a bit stupid. No other player could score that, certainly not Messi."

and a picture especially for you Joe :)
BDBBNM3CMAAtkSB.jpg

Last edited:
Should we ?

Thought this was funny....

Fergie on Ronaldo goal: "I blamed Evra until I saw replay, then I felt a bit stupid. No other player could score that, certainly not Messi."

and a picture especially for you Joe :)
BDBBNM3CMAAtkSB.jpg

Awwwwwwwwwww

Don't they look cute. Gorgeous little babbas.

Joe, why do you hate Ronaldo? And United for that matter?

I cheered on city in Europe as I'm a non-bitter Englishman.

With regards to the game... Real absolutely Dominated, I don't think United even got going. Good defending by Jones, and despite the mistakes; Rafael.

The ref was poor! Yellow card for RVP/Valencia were appalling. Evra challenge also POOR decision.

We didn't deserve to win the game, but should have done given the chances.

Giggs should have finished the game..As should RVP.

why do I hate ronaldo? Do I need to answer that one?

My hatred for man united includes all the normal reasons why most of the world hate them and why they are the most disliked team (as well as being the most supported team)

But it goes further for me because I have a half family who are supporters -the wife's side all support united so for 10 years we have been together I have had to put up with grief constantly - especially because the last 10 years haven't been liverpools finest.

So the longer I have been with my wife the more I have grown to dislike them basically :LOL:

joescrivens said:
why do I hate ronaldo? Do I need to answer that one?

My hatred for man united includes all the normal reasons why most of the world hate them and why they are the most disliked team (as well as being the most supported team)

But it goes further for me because I have a half family who are supporters -the wife's side all support united so for 10 years we have been together I have had to put up with grief constantly - especially because the last 10 years haven't been liverpools finest.

So the longer I have been with my wife the more I have grown to dislike them basically :LOL:

There's an easy solution to that.

Here is the so caleed save from de gea. You can clearly see that his touch doesn't affect the path of the ball at all. Its when it bounces that it moves slightly more to the right

deGea.gif

Last edited:
How is that not a save!?

I just put a gif up too. Its not a save because for it to be a save the goalkeepers touch needs to divert the path of the ball. As you can clearly see in the slow mo gif the ball does not change direction after his touch, the spin on the ball makes it move AFTER it bounces.

you are blind if you cant see it the evidence is right in front of your eyes

i saw a really fantastic save from de gea later in the game though, on the highlights. Overall I think he had a great game, just that particular save wasn't a save

I don't think he had a brilliant game. Corners are a joke. Can't punch, can't really catch. Stopped some good shots though.

Wouldn't mind if he was replaced.

Actually, he did well at the corners......the three times he came to meet corners he could not reach to catch or punch in a convincing way so he deflected the ball away from the waiting attackers. It is just the same as deflecting a ball around the post from a shot but the paranoia in this country about keepers needing to catch the ball is absolutely pathetic.

If you study these instances again, you will notice there was no way he could catch them so he did the next best thing - stop the opposition from having an immediate chance at goal.

I would argue this point about any keeper.

Edit... If any one recorded it and still has the match, there was one superb replay shown that agreed with my observation. Go take a look to find out. I haven't got a recording so unfortunately you may have to watch it all again!

The BBc has a sort of timeline to help you with estimations of when the corners took place.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21348206

Last edited:
only if he had ACTUALLY made the save. If he did what De gea did - which was not save it, then it wouldn't go in my signature

Behave Joe it was a good save;)

If it had been Reina it would have hit his arm and went in:D

I just put a gif up too. Its not a save because for it to be a save the goalkeepers touch needs to divert the path of the ball.

I've know idea how you can post that gif and then actually believe what you've written.

It clearly shows that his fingers change the flight of the ball before it bounces.

Nothing else to say really.

I don't think he had a brilliant game. Corners are a joke. Can't punch, can't really catch. Stopped some good shots though.

Wouldn't mind if he was replaced.

According to some - the deal for Begovic is all agreed for a Summer move although I don't think it's as his replacement - more for Lindegaard.

I just put a gif up too. Its not a save because for it to be a save the goalkeepers touch needs to divert the path of the ball. As you can clearly see in the slow mo gif the ball does not change direction after his touch, the spin on the ball makes it move AFTER it bounces.

you are blind if you cant see it the evidence is right in front of your eyes

It's clearly a save.

I've know idea how you can post that gif and then actually believe what you've written.

It clearly shows that his fingers change the flight of the ball before it bounces.

Nothing else to say really.

I'll have to forgive you for not being able to see it and blame it on the fact that you are a new dad and maybe not getting enough sleep so you have tired eyes :shrug:

I'll have to forgive you for not being able to see it and blame it on the fact that you are a new dad and maybe not getting enough sleep so you have tired eyes :shrug:

Obviously Joe is right and all of us on here are wrong with bad eyesight. I thought it was a good save but I am obviously wrong!

lol you lot are so easy to wind up!

Yes, of course it was a save, when I looked this morning in slow mo I realised I was wrong yesterday but thought it would be fun to see how far I could take it.

You guys are awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back