The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

I do too on say the dance floor, but to learn, I would still advice to put everything in manual so at least you know when you change something, you see what changed and not let the camera adjust and compensate, which dilute the difference.

Once you get to grips of which does what, then dial it back.
I quite agree, for learning you need to control the thing your learning rather than have it all automatic.

I thought I was cured. Even getting GDS (Gear Disposal Syndrome) with two bodies and one lens to sell.

So where did this come from? :thinking:

_7819697.jpg

At least the overall gear count has gone down.:LOL:

I succumbed to GAS again.... Sadly opening the box was not an enjoyable experience this time because the purchased item did not match the advertised condition. First impressions weren't good and the more I looked at it the more faults I could see. Coming to my senses I made the decision to call the seller and initiate the returns process and now it's all boxed back up and ready to be picked up by the courier. Hopefully this experience will encourage me to try and resist temptation!!!

My Pulsar Helion 2 XP50 Pro arrived today. Absolutely crazy bit of kit. Will allow me to find wildlife much easier for photography purposes, especially in darker areas or spotting small mammals from distance.

The scope
12C76BCC-FCCE-4792-9D5C-92031EBF800D.jpegED4FDFC6-475E-4BD5-A5EF-F5E45F5F0DF2.jpeg

What it does…

E2135A4F-AABA-449B-AC52-E6549B8C2693.jpeg

Can change the mode for thermal imaging from white to black or red and then tone the background as you see fit. Can make everything look like you’re a Predator film too. Can detect large mammals such as deer around 2km away whilst much smaller animals a few hundred meter out which is perfect for what I’m going to use it for.

The scope itself can take photos and videos and can also livestream to my phone or iPad too in real time.

I’ve ordered a small rig cage for my Z9, small ARSI arm for it and also a quick release plate so I can mount the scope above my camera pointing the same direction as my Nikon 800mm F5.6E lens to directly aid in my photography.

Very expensive idea to test but my gimbal setup will have no problems with the idea I have!

I enter the box of GAS confession for the first time and close the curtain.
I have been in camera matrimony with the Panasonic G80 with 100-300mm lens and our relationship was happy.
But recently my eyes wandered and I have started a relationship with the Leica 100-400mm
And tomorrow I go on my first date with my latest sin, a G9 to form a wicked threesome with me and Leica.

My 100-300mm isn't talking to me, and tomorrow I need to explain my unfaithfulness to my darling G80 before I walk out the door with G9.

I succumbed to GAS again.... Sadly opening the box was not an enjoyable experience this time because the purchased item did not match the advertised condition. First impressions weren't good and the more I looked at it the more faults I could see. Coming to my senses I made the decision to call the seller and initiate the returns process and now it's all boxed back up and ready to be picked up by the courier. Hopefully this experience will encourage me to try and resist temptation!!!
And just when I thought I was making progress in resisting temptation I succumbed again.... the lure of a "Like new" copy of that lens was too much to handle. Damn!!! I must remember to turn off MPB notifications!!! I've got to admit the combination of a D700 and a 24-70mm 2.8G did feel good in my hands...

I have been in camera matrimony with the Panasonic G80 with 100-300mm lens and our relationship was happy.
But recently my eyes wandered and I have started a relationship with the Leica 100-400mm
And tomorrow I go on my first date with my latest sin, a G9 to form a wicked threesome with me and Leica.

My 100-300mm isn't talking to me, and tomorrow I need to explain my unfaithfulness to my darling G80 before I walk out the door with G9.
You know you’ll burn in Hell right…

If there were a prize for the most original post on this thread, it would go to you. :clap:

I have been punished for my GAS lapse. While selling four items on ebay, I had a look at what was on offer and ended up bidding and winning on a "spares or repair" job lot of 4 old cameras. All were totally kyboshed when I opened the box, so I ended up paying £5.03 for the honour of binning 4 cameras for the seller! :(

Another one joins the collection, I actually owned an FG-20 many years ago, but I've never seen one in black,my cupboard is running out of room.

Attachments

• 20230101_173554.jpg
    20230101_173554.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 21
  • FG-20 #12.jpg
    FG-20 #12.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 21
  • FG-20 #11.jpg
    FG-20 #11.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 8
  • FG-20 #9.jpg
    FG-20 #9.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FG-20 #5.jpg
    FG-20 #5.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 9
  • FG-20 #3.jpg
    FG-20 #3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 9
  • FG-20 .jpg
    FG-20 .jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 21
I succumbed again!!! When I come across a Nikon D200 with a shutter count of only 424 it was impossible to resist.... So after selling one 5 weeks ago I've now got 2 D200's in my collection again!!

Even a visit to my purveyor of choice (dealing in second hand motorcycles) failed to cause me to relapse to GAS. A similar visit to our only camera shop (LCE) had the result WRT photographic kit.

Still haven't got over the GAS for a X-Pro2 in the £600 mark, almost were tempted by a £1100 X-Pro3 last week but held firm to my believe...

hmmm last couple of weeks ,large crumpler backpack sniped at £20 , vivitar 70-210 series1 m.f lens sniped at £24 , vivitar series1 MF 28-90 f2.8 sniped at £16.01 , and samyang 7.5mm F/eye lens sniped at £90 .. e.bay finds
gotta stop ... hmmmmm

I have an overwhelming desire for a Nikon Z-fc with 16-50 lens, don't really know why and I have no funds to spare, I just think I need one !

Is that a new Billingham bag I see?
No, it's the one I use all the time, it's got my Z5 outfit in, it only had a plastic bag around it as it was sitting on my desk when were having the living room plastered, the dust just got everywhere, there's another Billingham bag behind it with my Z50 outfit in.

I’m not exactly sure how it happened, but it appears I’ve ‘accidentally’ purchased a Sigma 100-400…oh dear :oops: :$

A 35-70 Minolta Zoom lens arrived in the post this morning.

Co-incidentally it just happens to fit my Minolta Dynax 9!

This sort of thing never used to happen before the internet became a thing!

I suppose that I am just have to live with it (as I anticipate another delivery).

I suppose that I am just have to live with it (as I anticipate another delivery).
I have the f3.5-4.5 and the f4 constant and both are great lenses.

That used to happen to me a lot when I was a Sony user

Sigma 150mm Macro and another Nikon F100 will be here soon, Both immaculate .

I think I've satisfied my itch for a short while... Sigma 35 1.4 DG DN and Sony 85 1.8 added to the bag!
Now, weather gods, please play nicely this weekend??

Reactions: zx9
I'm just dithering I bought the A7Siii for video capability two years ago and used it a lot in year one - then got an A7iv for better photo performance as A7Siii is *only 12mp.
The A7iv nearly as good at video as the Siii too.
Then I started looking at FX3 and FX30 ... if I'm having a serious video camera plus good photo camera may as well really go for it.
The FX30 would actually be less than A7Siii traded in.
It's APS-C though and though my FE lenses would work it seems kind of silly not to get the full frame FX3 but it is rather too much extra.
The daft thing is the FX3 does very little the A7Siii doesn't do - though it is rather more compact without eyepiece on top.
I think as much as anything I just like the look of it. :love:

I priced up trading in A7Siii and can't change to FX3 for under £2000.
So instead have bought an FX30 from e-infity for well under that.
I shall keep A7Siii for now.
Actually I added the aps-C 11mm and it was still less than PX body idea.
Apart from that very wide end I have enough wider lenses will be OK on aps-c

I have to confess that I’m sorely tempted to get a Panasonic GM1/GM5 and a PanaLeica 15/1.7, mainly to be able to say I’m using a Leica Q¼.

Not really GAS but an entirely needed upgrade from the RX100iii to a vi. Don't need the extra bells and whistles of the vii but the extra reach of the vi should let me get away with it as a 1 camera holiday solution.

Not really GAS but an entirely needed upgrade from the RX100iii to a vi. Don't need the extra bells and whistles of the vii but the extra reach of the vi should let me get away with it as a 1 camera holiday solution.

GAS satisfactorily released!
My only real gripe with the Mk iii was the way the EVF had to be pulled out after being popped up, then pushed in before pushing down. The Mk vi pops out when it pops up and gets retracted when pushed down. Looking forward to the extra luggage space that leaving the full kit behind will free up!

Reactions: nog
Back