The Humbug 2016 Thread

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Do you hate the 6, 7, 8 weeks of commercial b*ll*x in the run up to *that* time of year? If so welcome to the thread. Post all your gripes here and get it off your chest.
e..g the dork who lives opposite you who has had flashy lights up since the middle of October, what a t***. And all the "order now for delivery in time for ch*****s" adverts.
And just think, this weekend the shops will probably all have the slade, wizard, johnny mathis, jonah lewie songs on rotation for weeks on end. Great isnt it!

(ps, you are allowed to actually like the 2 days of the 25th and 26th, thats fine although not compulsory)

batman slap.jpg

Last edited:
I for one will probably share the sentiment for as much of the time between now and 2107 that I am alive anyway. Not exclusive to this year.

Dislike most aspects of commercialmas but do like some of the seasonal foods that are hard to find between January and September/October.

I like a nice grotto, week days not the weekends where they are screeching children everywhere. Its nice to have Santa to once self. All the colourful lights are very uplifting on a dreary day like to-day. That's given me an idea.:) garden centre here I come.

I like a nice grotto, week days not the weekends where they are screeching children everywhere. Its nice to have Santa to once self. All the colourful lights are very uplifting on a dreary day like to-day. That's given me an idea.:) garden centre here I come.
obiwan.jpg

Stuff the season... Winter Fest rules ...

No, no, Hugh its stuff the turkey. Banned for not knowing the difference.

No, no, Hugh its stuff the turkey. Banned for not knowing the difference.
Hmmm you rather like a bit of banning n'est pas ?

A little previous with that Keith?
:D

Ta fixed now, until cobra tinkers again.
I only "tinker" when people p*** me off, you've not done that lately I don't think?

That's funny, I only p*** on people who tinker with me...

Tree.jpg

Jingl Bo^^ox Jingle Boll^^ Jingle all the way....... aarrrrrgggghhhhhh

Do you grumpy old farts really need a new thread? Why can't you continue last years. After all, most of you have plenty to whinge about regardless of the time of year. :D

Why can't you continue last years.
There is a Christmas celebration thread, each year, I don't know why you don't continue that one, through the year, as it seems that Christmas starts earlier and earlier anyway :p

People call me scrooge etc but my only issue with Christmas is it being in the shops and on the TV from Octbloodytober.

As for people who are putting their trees up now, WHY?????? In most people's homes, space is at a premium and a lot of normal/everyday stuff has to be moved/displaced to accommodate the tree and other decorations, we normally put ours up at the beginning of December but by Christmas day we're pretty much sick of the sight of it and it's taken down before NYE.

I'm not anti-Christmas, far from it. I'm not religious in the slightest but I like the sentiment of "peace & love" and spending time with friends & families. Now we have a little girl who'll be 2 and a half by Christmas and another one due on 17th December it's an even more special time of year. Why dilute that "specialness" over 3 months?

People call me scrooge
There you go then!
You'll be at home in here.

Why dilute that "specialness" over 3 months?
That's not how I see it. it's all part of the excitement, the build up.
It's not diluted at all. for us it starts properly with the tree going up early December, and builds up to when we are off, and then the big day itself.

Last edited:
I'm not anti-Christmas, far from it. I'm not religious in the slightest but I like the sentiment of "peace & love" and spending time with friends & families. Now we have a little girl who'll be 2 and a half by Christmas and another one due on 17th December it's an even more special time of year. Why dilute that "specialness" over 3 months?
EXACTLY!

And Congrats in advance for the 17th (y)

So, does Christmas adverts on the telly, or decorations in the shops in October ruin your Christmas any more than swimming trunks and t shirts in Jan would ruin your summer holiday? nah!
:D
Get over it! it's never going to change.

Last edited:
So, does Christmas adverts on the telly, or decorations in the shops in October
It wouldn't even be too terrible if it started in October but it starts in August FFS!
(Dobbies were selling Christmas cards last bank holiday week end! )

swimming trunks and t shirts in Jan would ruin your summer
If you are crazy enough to wear them in the winter months you crack on (y)

EXACTLY!

And Congrats in advance for the 17th (y)

Thanks....... Although if we make it to the 17th I'll be surprised, I think it's more accurate to say "if we make it to December" :LOL:

And before anyone else says it, there will be no Christmas related names involved!

I think it's more accurate to say "if we make it to December" :LOL:
You'd better tell the other half to keep everything crossed then :D

And before anyone else says it, there will be no Christmas related names involved
Spoil sport :D

Although years ago I worked with a young lady, her name was Santa ( yes really & spelt and pronounced that way ) I think she was of Mexican origin.

You'd better tell the other half to keep everything crossed then :D

My parents went on holiday this morning for 11 nights, my Mum's parting words to Rachael were "You are not to have that baby until we get home!" :LOL:

Ironically, when Evie popped into the World 4 weeks early, my parents arrived home from holiday whilst she was in labour.

Indeed!

Is that a Mark original? If so, may I nick it (or even better, get a high res version) to stick on a T-shirt? Please!!!

Is that a Mark original? If so, may I nick it (or even better, get a high res version) to stick on a T-shirt? Please!!!
There's an even better version in the staff room, it has words and everything :D

Back