The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Thanks Nick!

Mike, I noticed that some sellers use different names for the same colour, and the same name for different colours. All very confusing..

Thanks Nick!

Mike, I noticed that some sellers use different names for the same colour, and the same name for different colours. All very confusing..
Well it's ordered now. Went for the brown in the end...like yours.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Gariz cases are the best IMO I had one on my X10 &X100 they are exceptionally well made and very classy, well worth the money.

I've recently bought an X-pro 1 in the sales with a free 35 mm (yet to arrive). I also bought a Metabolism Leica M adapter and a Kip on Contax G adapter.
I have only used the M adapter so far, but the results with 35 mm Summicron have been astonishing.

I find it incredible that a camera that is labelled as "Pro" does not have a field in the setup menu to be able to add comment and/or copyright information which can be embedded into the exif details?

Last edited:
I find it incredible that a camera that is labelled as "Pro" does not have a field in the setup menu to be able to add comment and/or copyright information which can be embedded into the exif details?

You can do that on a computer. The main thing is the quality of the images.

I may have been wrong but I was under the impression that image quality was quite important. I stand corrected.
In future, when buying a camera, I will have to make certain that I can add text to the file just in case my computer can't.

e
You can do that on a computer. The main thing is the quality of the images.

The professional user finds all sorts of conveniences useful in a camera. Whether everyone finds these important isn't really relevant, when Mike's original observation was targeted at professional users and their requirements.

I may have been wrong but I was under the impression that image quality was quite important. I stand corrected.
In future, when buying a camera, I will have to make certain that I can add text to the file just in case my computer can't.
It goes without saying that the IQ of the X Pro 1 is second to none, in fact, having read every post on this forum and the Fuji forum on the subject I can't remember a single person bemoaning IQ . However, certain "Pro" features are sadly lacking and the ability to embed copyright and other comments is annoying. Of course I know you can do it in software, but you can do alot of things in software that is already taken care within the camera, and I wont bother listing them. A pro photographer uploading pictures to his editor from a laptop in a war zone may not have time to mess around with the niceties of Photoshop.

Last edited:
Well said, but the majority of users here will never require said feature as we all have too much time on our hands..

Amazing deals there, £300 cashback from two lenses would be great if I had the spare cash right now.

Did we all see the new offers? Fuji are playing hardball.

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions/

Summary: don't buy a 27mm. Buy the X-A1 kit, get a free 27mm and then sell the camera.

So for £400 (cameraworld) you get the 16-50, 27mm and the body which you could flog for 100. Whats the 27mm like? is it as good as the 35? I really want a fuji again but am waiting for their next body release. If i can stock up on some bargain lenses now then that would be a step.

So for £400 (cameraworld) you get the 16-50, 27mm and the body which you could flog for 100. Whats the 27mm like? is it as good as the 35? I really want a fuji again but am waiting for their next body release. If i can stock up on some bargain lenses now then that would be a step.

I was thinking more of buying the camera for 400 and selling it and the kit lens for 250.

27 has to be worth £150.

Mind you, all these offers kill your residuals...........

Just got my 23mm F1.4 from Fuji got a nice filter with it,the only other lens i will be looking for will be the 16-55 F2.8 when it come out :)

First studio shoot tomorrow, got it firing studio flash via my atlas triggers & will use both the 35mm & 18-55, will be interesting to see the results against the D3.

Did we all see the new offers? Fuji are playing hardball.

http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions/

Summary: don't buy a 27mm. Buy the X-A1 kit, get a free 27mm and then sell the camera.

Just seen the small print....

Purchases must be made from participating stores or internet
sites excluding Amazon Marketplace, www.digitalrev.com,
www.procamerashop.com, www.onestop-digital.com, ebay
and eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk between Thursday 17th January
2014 and Monday 31st March 2014 to take advantage of this
promotion. Purchases made after Monday 31st March 2014 will
not be eligible for cashback under this promotion

Just seen the small print....

Purchases must be made from participating stores or internet
sites excluding Amazon Marketplace, www.digitalrev.com,
www.procamerashop.com, www.onestop-digital.com, ebay
and eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk between Thursday 17th January
2014 and Monday 31st March 2014 to take advantage of this
promotion. Purchases made after Monday 31st March 2014 will
not be eligible for cashback under this promotion

Yes it always has been,it has to be UK stock :)

Interesting that they mention those specific online stores, I'm guessing a fair few people buying from them assume they would be eligible...or have no idea it's not UK stock.

Really easy to get caught out on Amazon, particuarly 'fulfilled by Amazon' stuff from third party sellers.

The market place has suddenly gone lens crazy! You have really got to do your homework before buying something. People are offloading kit lenses all over the place.

The market place has suddenly gone lens crazy! You have really got to do your homework before buying something. People are offloading kit lenses all over the place.

And because we're (mostly) all on Fujix as well, we see each of these posted twice!

With Fuji opening up new deals as fast as they close old deals, pricing private trades is becoming a black art.

And because we're (mostly) all on Fujix as well, we see each of these posted twice!

With Fuji opening up new deals as fast as they close old deals, pricing private trades is becoming a black art.
You have to have eyes in the back of your head Alastair. Take a look on Ebay and do a search on "Fuji XF", there are suddenly 10 times more adverts with cellophane encrusted boxes all over the place!:)

Your right their luckily i havnt been caught to bad,expert for the 55-200 :(

Took a breather on my country lane blast today to try and do this...

Mango
by Harry_S, on Flickr

Hard work! This was the best of about 80 attempts, I wanted two hands on the bars but simply couldn't get the X-Pro1 to hold steady pointing in the right direction on a 2 second timer, lots of photos of the sky! So happy having a light, smallish camera again.

So what do we all reckon? XP1 launch money or less, Im going £1199-1299 as it has to compete with A7 prices.

Back