The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

I see they get really good reviews for their excellent customer service.

Yeah, theyre mostly decent, please dont post a thread in shopping, its been discussed a million times and the tax implications will be argued to death...... again.

Not sure if anyone mentioned that but there it's a good deal on pro now.
£799(or 749) for body with grip, battery and 18mm. And you can claim extra prime lens from fuji for free.

Does anyone know if this was this was a Camera Show special or available generally as I can't seem to find it?

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware on both the body and lens, just to see if it might have an effect?
If it doesn't make a difference, then might be worth speaking to Fuji about it, see what they can suggest or know about it, and a future update to resolve it is being worked on.

AFAIK, the version of firmware that I loaded, 3.2, includes the updates for the lenses, although Fuji's instructions do tell you to remove the lens when installing the firmware. Can anyone confirm that's correct, that firmware 3.2 includes the latest lens improvements?

Edit. just checked the firmware on the camera and it says body Firmware 3.2, lens 3.1. On the fuji page 3.1 is the latest for the lens.

Last edited:
I am not sure I quite follow you here but as far as I know you must install separate lens and body firmware updates
Each lens has it's own particular firmware update available on the Fuji UK site and is not connected with the camera FW.

Each lens has it's own particular firmware update available on the Fuji UK site and is not connected with the camera FW.
Strange. As I said, the lens was showing the latest firmware, 3.1, but just in case, downloaded the separate lens firmware and tried to install it with lens attached to camera and it tells me the latest firmware for the lens is already loaded. I can only conclude that maybe the lens came already with the latest firmware installed. :confused:

I've recently got my XP1 and do love it, part of what I do is music photography and whist I can see the 35 and 56 being awesome in the low light of small venues my thoughts are more concerned with the upcoming festival season where the dSLR and 70-200/2.8 is the order of the day

I'll be using my Nikon gear but will take the XP1 along for the fun of it - anyone had any experience/have any thought of how the X series may make in roads into the 70200/2.8 world?

I've recently got my XP1 and do love it, part of what I do is music photography and whist I can see the 35 and 56 being awesome in the low light of small venues my thoughts are more concerned with the upcoming festival season where the dSLR and 70-200/2.8 is the order of the day

I'll be using my Nikon gear but will take the XP1 along for the fun of it - anyone had any experience/have any thought of how the X series may make in roads into the 70200/2.8 world?

Well there is a 50-140 coming out this year which is F2.8 so the rough equivalent of a 70-200 f2.8

I had a good look at the mock up of it at the photography show and its pretty small I have to say! The 16-55 f2.8 was a much bulkier lens, very very chunky!

I think XP1 or XT1 + those two lenses could be the tipping point to a lot of dslr shooters swapping systems.

Lens roadmap here for reference - http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/xf_lens/roadmap/

Panasonic have one out for the micro 4/3,and Fuji are bringing out soon the 16-55 F2.8 so i think somewhere in Fuji plans their will be one soon :)

Well there is a 50-140 coming out this year which is F2.8 so the rough equivalent of a 70-200 f2.8

I had a good look at the mock up of it at the photography show and its pretty small I have to say! The 16-55 f2.8 was a much bulkier lens, very very chunky!

I think XP1 or XT1 + those two lenses could be the tipping point to a lot of dslr shooters swapping systems.

Lens roadmap here for reference - http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/xf_lens/roadmap/

Must of been writing at the same time :D,i see on the roadmap one on its way soon :)

One from my first outing with the XPro1 can be seen here along with a brief description. However, I'm preaching to the converted!

Slightly annoyingly, I also managed to catch a bunny of the all too common dust variety during a lens swap. Now, where did I put the rocket blower???

Still a week to go before we can send off for the free lens and cashback but with separate receipts for each, shouldn't be any extra delays!

Best of all, even after a 6 mile walk (broken at 1/2 way by lunch at Otterton mill) with the system so far over a shoulder in an old LowePro Nova 4 bag, NO BACKACHE! I have stuck a Tamrac neoprene strap on the camera rather than the supplied one but to offset that, I have a spare battery in one of the pouches and cards in the other.

Well there is a 50-140 coming out this year

Ohhhh - not looked at the roadmap for far too long, very pleased to see that!

the 16-55 looks interesting but I think I'll stick with primes for wide and normal lengths :)

Ohhhh - not looked at the roadmap for far too long, very pleased to see that!

the 16-55 looks interesting but I think I'll stick with primes for wide and normal lengths :)

Yeah some nice stuff coming out!

I am running all primes apart from 18-55 lens which I think is really good. Original primes so 18, 35 and 60. Would really like 14, 23 and maybe 56 though :)

Yeah some nice stuff coming out!

I am running all primes apart from 18-55 lens which I think is really good. Original primes so 18, 35 and 60. Would really like 14, 23 and maybe 56 though :)

I think the 18-55 is one of the best lenses out there. If anyone is sitting on the fence about buying one, my advice would be to get one, you will not regret it.

EDIT::::::I sounded a bit like Ken Rockwell then. :exit:

Last edited:
I've no doubt on the quality of the 18-55, I do admire Fuji (also own two S5's and an S3) and you only have to look into history to see the pedigree of Fujinon lenses

For me, I find the convenience of a mid range zoom a bit limiting, I know this sounds a little mad, certainly my 24-70/2.8 is my workhorse and if I've a job to do that'l be mounted by default, also have the 16-85 for my DX gear which see little use, with the XP1 I feel I'm getting some freedom to do more of what I want and the restriction of a prime forces me to be more creative and think more laterally (rather than literally) about a shot - I like that

With the same philosophy in mind, as much as I like wide angle I'm finding myself drawn more to the 14mm rather than the 10-24 (but accept that I'll almost certainly get a Samyang 8mm fisheye rather than regret giving up on the wide end of the zoom)

I got one (Xpro-1) from a member here, they are a fine camera, if Fuji bring out a F/F version I'd go for that as a partner. Nice ergonomics.

Thanks Ian, tbh I dont expect to see any difference in RAW, in Jpeg the XE2 will win, as it uses that new fangled Fuji lens correction tech.

I don't expect to see anything to be honest, I just did it as I was asked. The shots have had over 180 views each though, so there is some interest.

Last edited:
Early Impressions. Just a few days into owning the X Pro1 and so far, quite impressed. Certainly can't see the the 5D Mk3 going any time soon, but IQ looks good. I'm an OVF man, so initially after using a DSLR with the OVF in the middle, it seems strange dragging my eye over to the far left of the camera and then see the lens taking up a lot of the view.:) I have tried using the lens hood on all the time and using the rubber cover, but find it very loose and have knocked it off four times yesterday alone. When switching on with the lens cap on, the camera hunts quite a bit as if trying to focus, it does this for a few seconds before settling down, is that normal? Not sure if that is accounting for quite short battery, with the Canon I can go all day on the same battery. So apart from those niggles, it looks good, but I think it will take a while before I get used to it. My wife said "you look funny with a little camera after your normal one!"

Don't use the 18mm much so not sure if that's normal behaviour.

Personally, I use the EVF more than the OVF since WYSIWYG WRT framing.

Short battery life is probably down to it being a smaller battery than that found in most DSLRs and also its reliance on the rear screen and in VF displays. The battery capacity should improve a little after a few charges - it needs a little running in.

Don't use the 18mm much so not sure if that's normal behaviour.
Thanks, I think I have cracked that, somehow the focus selector had got moved to "C", changed that and it seems to have fixed that. Have selected manual now and set up back focus the same as I use on the Canon, I prefer to focus that way.

I was looking at an x-pro1 in my local camera store today and couldn't find a way of getting the LV update when changing shutter or aperture in A, S or M modes. is that possible with x-pro 1?

If I understand you correctly, you need to enable exposure preview in the menu for WYSIWYG mode.

Was shooting in the studio again yesterday and the more I use the X-Pro1 the more I am liking it apart from the battery life, only downside to yesterday was my mate bringing his 2 XT-1's to the shoot.
A thing of beauty and lovely feel to it, I am tempted but I will stick with the X-pro's for the time being as I want to see what they perform like when my 56mm arrives in the next few days.

Can you elaborate on that Alastair? I must have missed that one or I am getting the wrong end of the stick?

From this..

I was looking at an x-pro1 in my local camera store today and couldn't find a way of getting the LV update when changing shutter or aperture in A, S or M modes. is that possible with x-pro 1?

To this..

If I understand you correctly, you need to enable exposure preview in the menu for WYSIWYG mode.

To this..

Thanks, exactly what I am looking for. I am trying it again on Thursday and I will look for this in the menu.

If you want to see "real time"effects of exposure adjustment/compensation in the EVF you need the exposure preview mode on.

Although to expand on that further for architectfadi, I can't remember without the camera in front of me whether that works in Manual mode only. I generally only use it when I have a manual lens fitted on an adapter.

From this..

To this..

To this..

If you want to see "real time"effects of exposure adjustment/compensation in the EVF you need the exposure preview mode on.

Although to expand on that further for architectfadi, I can't remember without the camera in front of me whether that works in Manual mode only. I generally only use it when I have a manual lens fitted on an adapter.
I am pretty new to the X Pro and I didn't understand what you meant by Exposure Preview. I was looking for it in the menu.

Here are a few from tonight at the beach with the X-Pro1 and Rokinon 8mm fisheye:

Yup, last one is really nice. There looks to be a white halo around the children on the post but not on the Flickr version. Can you correct the horizon curvature or does it distort the figures too much?

Thanks, to be honest I haven't tried to correct it. I'll have a play around and see if it works for me :)

Back