The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

All my Nikon lenses are the G type so that's not going to be ideal. Annoying as I was able to find lots of cheap ones 'Nikon G to NEX' when I had my NEX6 camera

You can get them with aperture control for G lenses for about £40 from the USA on ebay. I was struggling to find adapters too, maybe just not as many Fujis have sold as NEXs.

You can get them with aperture control for G lenses for about £40 from the USA on ebay. I was struggling to find adapters too, maybe just not as many Fujis have sold as NEXs.

I've got one of the Fotodiox XF to Nikon G mount adapters from Amazon and it works fine... Setting the aperture is a bit rudimentary but it's effective enough.

Delivery from the US was just over a week. :)

I know the feeling Adam... I bought the 14mm and the 60mm yesterday while my missus was stood right next to me! :D

I know the feeling Adam... I bought the 14mm and the 60mm yesterday while my missus was stood right next to me! :D

You're much braver than me. I walked in the house with it, grinning from ear to ear, ready to proudly announce my new purchase.... But I bottled it and told her it was an empty box from an old lens.

What she doesn't know....

As a XP1 newbie, I just naturally assumed they were black to make it easier to "smuggle" them into the house undetected ;)

"What, dear? This old thing? I've had it for ages!" :rolleyes:

How do people find the 18mm f2, i have the 35 1.4 but the focal length for me is a bit meh. thinking about the 18mm or 14mm.

How do people find the 18mm f2, i have the 35 1.4 but the focal length for me is a bit meh. thinking about the 18mm or 14mm.

I'm really pleased with it. Yeah it may not be as sharp as the other primes wide open but sharpness is a bit overrated, the colour rendering and contrast is great and stopped down a bit its very anyway. I used today for some street photography and it did really well

I'm really pleased with it. Yeah it may not be as sharp as the other primes wide open but sharpness is a bit overrated, the colour rendering and contrast is great and stopped down a bit its very anyway. I used today for some street photography and it did really well
yeah id mostly shoot it in the 5.6-8 range anyway, i might go for it. I think id rather have the 18 and either they 60 or 56 than the 35. thanks

Haha I love the way how some of you hide your new purchases from the other half. That 23mm does keep tempting me especially as I have just sold the X100.
I just have the 18-55 and 35mm now. Sold the 14mm as to be honest it just wasn't getting as much use as I hoped. I found that when I used it I loved it but it was something I had to be in the mood to shoot with. It's a stunning lens though and if you are into ultra wide, you will love it. Hardly any distortion and super sharp.
The 35mm is just brilliant IMO and lives on my XP1 most of the time. The 18 on the 18-55 is pretty good for me in terms of wide. I don't think I would need anything else lens wise for the system if I got the 23mm. Well, maybe the 60mm Macro if I saw it cheap haha

Haha I love the way how some of you hide your new purchases from the other half. That 23mm does keep tempting me especially as I have just sold the X100.
I just have the 18-55 and 35mm now. Sold the 14mm as to be honest it just wasn't getting as much use as I hoped. I found that when I used it I loved it but it was something I had to be in the mood to shoot with. It's a stunning lens though and if you are into ultra wide, you will love it. Hardly any distortion and super sharp.
The 35mm is just brilliant IMO and lives on my XP1 most of the time. The 18 on the 18-55 is pretty good for me in terms of wide. I don't think I would need anything else lens wise for the system if I got the 23mm. Well, maybe the 60mm Macro if I saw it cheap haha

You know it makes sense.... :D

I call it man maths, my XP1 cost £899 with the 18mm and came with another free lens, I chose the 35mm, ball park cost for the two (free) lenses approx £700, I sold my X10 for £190 therefore £700 plus £190 means my XP1 with 2 quality primes cost me £9 ! What woman could complain about spending £9 !! Man maths are great ;)

If you had gotten the 60 then you would have been in pocket by such man maths and you could have put that toward the 35 with the cashback

If you had gotten the 60 then you would have been in pocket by such man maths and you could have put that toward the 35 with the cashback
Dam, I never thought of that ! TBH I want the XP1 as a walkabout camera, for holidays etc and occasional back up to my 5D3, so I wouldn't have much use for the 60, I love the 35 it's a really nice lens.

I call it man maths, my XP1 cost £899 with the 18mm and came with another free lens, I chose the 35mm, ball park cost for the two (free) lenses approx £700, I sold my X10 for £190 therefore £700 plus £190 means my XP1 with 2 quality primes cost me £9 ! What woman could complain about spending £9 !! Man maths are great ;)

Haha my kind of maths. :)

And mine!

D800 = X-Pro1 body + 18mm + free lens (60mm) + 18-55mm

18-55mm + 55-200mm = £300 cashback from Fuji

Total cash expenditure (cost to change) = £250 IIRC

And that was to swap the body only (which was all but unused) for a 4 lens kit which has been extensively used.

Of course, I dropped a fair wedge on the D800 but if something isn't being used, it's all but worthless anyway so better to cut my losses while there was still plenty of value in the thing rather than hang onto what is undeniably a lovely piece of kit for the very rare occasions I wanted to use it.

Now, what's the equation to justify an XT-1? :D

I'm super chuffed as I got myself a second xpro1 from the Fuji refurb store for £400 delivered with the 10% code. They've now gone back up in price. Got it at the right time!

Hopefully a free 35 or 27 (or both!) with an XT-1 body, all for £500...

And mine!

D800 = X-Pro1 body + 18mm + free lens (60mm) + 18-55mm

18-55mm + 55-200mm = £300 cashback from Fuji

Total cash expenditure (cost to change) = £250 IIRC

And that was to swap the body only (which was all but unused) for a 4 lens kit which has been extensively used.

Of course, I dropped a fair wedge on the D800 but if something isn't being used, it's all but worthless anyway so better to cut my losses while there was still plenty of value in the thing rather than hang onto what is undeniably a lovely piece of kit for the very rare occasions I wanted to use it.

Now, what's the equation to justify an XT-1? :D

Thats basically what I did with the 5D3, not much point in it sitting on the shelf gathering dust ;)

Me too, waiting to find out! :)

I spoke to Fuji a few weeks ago as I have gone with the zoom route (16-50 & 55-200) & 35mm on my XP1, I was thinking of selling up my camera and zooms and rebuying, for me to get other primes (18 & 60). Fuji informed me that the current deal was finihing in March and no further deals had been discussed for the foreseeable (sp) future. I mentioned this earlier in thread.

My guess would be, that they will start promotions for Christmas like they did last/this year.

Too many x threads at the moment so i'll post here :)

so on the fuji refurb site i can get an xpro-1 for £450or an x-e2 for £584 Im not interested in the x-t1 as that seems to be an xe-2 in a different shell but ive heard so many good things about the xpro-1. £450 (lensless) seems a mad price and im tempted but is there that much of an improvement from the x-e2?

I had an xe-1 for a few months and was seriously impressed with that.

is the free lens offer only for new xpro-1's or do refurbs count? Oh those offers have gone anyway :( bum.

Last edited:
From what I gather of the xe2 the only better things really are very slightly faster focusing in good light, better evf and wireless. But I'm more than happy with the xpro1 so I bought 2. I believe the LCD screen is still better on the xpro1 too. And of course there is the ovf. But I also prefer the size too of the xpro1. Being a bit bigger is helpful but still small enough for me

While I do like the proper OVF on the X-Pro1, I keep finding myself flicking back to the EVF to check composition and exposure instead. Hoping that XT-1s start appearing on Fuji Refurb soon (or that some decent offers come up on them!)

SO I have my x pro 1 with a 35 1.4 sat next to my d600 with a 50 1.8 on it. Which is bigger? Which is heavier? its kind of hard to tell actually. going to put them on the digital scales and find out i think

Too many x threads at the moment so i'll post here :)

so on the fuji refurb site i can get an xpro-1 for £450or an x-e2 for £584 Im not interested in the x-t1 as that seems to be an xe-2 in a different shell but ive heard so many good things about the xpro-1. £450 (lensless) seems a mad price and im tempted but is there that much of an improvement from the x-e2?

I had all three together for a short while. I bought the X-E2 intending to sell either the X-E1 or X-pro1. I couldn't see any difference in picture quality (not surprising), nor in AF speed (though I don't usually shoot in too testing conditions). The main thing in favour for the X-E2 was the +/- 3 stops in exposure compensation, which is something I tend to use a lot. In the end though I sold the X-E2 as the benefits didn't seem worth the cost of upgrading. I think either the X-E1 or X-pro 1 are bargains at the moment (though prices will only go down) and as lots of people bought gear as past of the special offers you can pick up used lenses like the 18mm very cheap.

Last edited:
I like the XT, it is indeed a very fine camera but I fear it's too small for me, the XPro makes sense in it's rangefinder format but the XT is too DSLR-like and as with the Panasonic GH2 that I used to own, it just wouldn't get used because of it's size/form - if I'm to reach for a DSLR type thing then it'll be the S5 or D800E (both have grips fitted)

I've been using my XP1 almost exclusively for a month now, last night I got my Canon 5D3 out with my 70-300mm L zoom fitted in preparation for Saturday nights Heineken cup quarter final, and jeez I'd forgotten how heavy that combo is !

Bit of a teaser today....

I normally work from home but decided to go into the office today. Got home to find a City-Link card through the door, so I guess that's my feeebie 60mm as I'm sur eI haven't ordered anything else!!

Have to wait till Monday now, when they'll try to re-deliver.....

Nice! I'm waiting for a 35mm and 50-230mm. Only just sent the forms off though so I guess I'll be waiting a while a yet! :)

I sent my forms on March 26th - Recorded. They were delivered on 27th, so pretty quick I reckon.
Still waiting to hear on the Cashback.

Lens arrived very quickly after the application. Cashback already spent (on an X-T1) but not arrived yet! :D

ETA...

Had to go out before the postie came this morning - he dropped a £300 cheque through the door for me. Might have to put that towards the forthcoming 18-135 WR... Damn thee GAS!

Last edited:
Bit of a teaser today....

I normally work from home but decided to go into the office today. Got home to find a City-Link card through the door, so I guess that's my feeebie 60mm as I'm sur eI haven't ordered anything else!!

Have to wait till Monday now, when they'll try to re-deliver.....

You could always collect it from the depot. If you're desperate.

You could always collect it from the depot. If you're desperate.
Yeah - it's about a 30-mile round trip for me and they're only open 8-12 on a Saturday. I can wait...... I can be patient..... Really, I can..... Honestly....... ;)

Back