The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

Misty view from Crickley Hill this morning taken with my XF1 :)

MistyViewonCrickleyHill-1-2_zpsd70117fc.jpg

MistyViewonCrickleyHill-7-2_zps549a7381.jpg

MistyViewonCrickleyHill-6-2_zps673c2b8a.jpg

X30 filter size?
Does anyone know if they've retained the irritating 40mm filter size on the X30?

Just ordered a new X30! The devil made me do it...should be here Wednesday.
Sounds an ideal camera, X20 image quality with an X-T1 size viewfinder.
Have many people on here got one?
Allan

I haven't had much chance to play with the xf1 yet but have run into a problem with the raw files. I only seem to be able to get half size files. A quick google threw up vague hints about the dr setting but selecting 100% made no difference. Is it possible to get full resolution raws and if so how?

thanks

Never heard of that. A raw file should be full 12mp, there are no setings for s/m/l raw afaik. Are you definately sure that you're shooting in raw? (No offence btw)

DR boost can only be set with the according iso, dr100 with iso 100, dr200 with iso 200 and dr400 with iso 400+.

Last edited:
Never heard of that. A raw file should be full 12mp, there are no setings for s/m/l raw afaik. Are you definately sure that you're shooting in raw? (No offence btw)

DR boost can only be set with the according iso, dr100 with iso 100, dr200 with iso 200 and dr400 with iso 400+.

Shooting raw + jpeg the jpeg is 4000x3000 and the raw is 2848x2144.

Will try later. I read somewhere that the exr sensor has 2 sets of pixels that can run on different settings and are then combined which is how fuji do some of the special modes. The raw apparently contains the output from both sets as separate images.

I have tried several free raw programs and also tried converting them in Adobe raw converter.

Are you reading the actual size of the raw file or the incorporated Jpeg that displays it in windows.
What does the file measure in Photoshop

I have an X10, and have only shot raw experimentally, as I use Aperture which doesn't or didn't support it (and I've been very happy with the JPEGs). I've just gone back and looked at some old raw files, and they are 2048*1536! I do shoot the X10 at 6mp because of the dynamic range advantages, but I certainly expected the Raws to be full size.

I've just opened a matched pair of X10 JPG & RAW files in KUSO EXIF Viewer. The JPG is 4000 x 2664 (I use 3:2 rather than 4:3) and the RAW is 2048 x 1536 as Chris says. Haven't got any X20 RAW files to look at (yet!).

My interest in the X30 has somewhat diminished due to the lack of a proper charger supplied with the camera. Perhaps Fuji will realise what an omission this is and change things in the future.

AL

Cut backs? Keeping the price low? If you have a smart phone with a charger that accepts a usb lead then just use that. Plug it in and leave it over night then the next day it's ready. I must admit that i am used to taking the battery out of my cameras to charge them, but it kind of makes sense to just be able to plug it in.

@Nod I don't recall seeing one on either the screen or evf although I've not worked out how to get grid lines overlaid yet as I start reading manual but then just start shooting!

Cheers, David and :doh: ! I should just look at the manual on line and see how to do it (or indeed, if it's possible!)

On the USB charging as opposed to a proper charger, I rather like the idea since it'll allow users to plug into a power bank and continue shooting rather than swapping batteries out. IIRC, all my baby X chargers are still in the boxes anyway - I use a Hahnel universal charger instead,

Cut backs? Keeping the price low? If you have a smart phone with a charger that accepts a usb lead then just use that. Plug it in and leave it over night then the next day it's ready. I must admit that i am used to taking the battery out of my cameras to charge them, but it kind of makes sense to just be able to plug it in.

Not very convenient for a dinosaur like me - no modern portable devices, so a charger would be a necessity for me when on hols for example.

AL

Bargain!

Nah, you're not a dinosaur mate, just buy a plug with a usb socket in and you can use the lead that comes with the camera to charge it from the mains.

I think everyone will grow to love this new way, but if you're using multiple batteries then a double charger may be preferable.

You can also get a USB plug that goes in the car's 12v lighter socket so you can charge the battery in the car....

I have decided to give my son who is off to join the Royal Navy my X10. He's not that interested in photography but has grasped the A,P & S settings. It's basically to record his deployments and social life. He's happy with it looks a "cool camera"

As a consequence I'm thinking of getting an X30 as a replacement and there have been quite a few improvements since the X10. Does anyone know of any good deals out there ?

Hi, all, went for a drive to Skegness over the weekend. Sat on beach, daughter was making sandcastles, when to the water, came back and my X20 (in a small case) was covered in sand. The smooooth zoom now sounds like a packet of crisps.

Still usable, thought.

Daughter is in the cupboard under the stairs :)

Cheers.

Back