The Official Fuji X10/X20/X30/XF1/XQ1 Thread

So far, so good. I sent my X10 off to Fuji yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I got an email saying it had arrived and would be sorted asap.

This is the last shot I took with it. (Processed using a preset from an Apple App called Flare):

West Wittering Parish Church by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Hi all,

I sent my X10 off to Fuji for the sensor swop on the 6th of June and have received an email this afternoon advising it has been shipped back to me. So for those of you waiting, it looks like turn around in just over a week.

Regards
Steve

I sent mine the same day, but no email from Fuji yet :|

Allan

Mine was delivered to Fuji on 6 June, and so far I haven't even had an email yet. :( I've checked all the spam folders I know about, 'n all. And if it comes tomorrow there'll be no one in. Grump...

Chris

Mine was delivered to Fuji on 6 June, and so far I haven't even had an email yet. :( I've checked all the spam folders I know about, 'n all. And if it comes tomorrow there'll be no one in. Grump...

Chris

If it doesn't show up today, i would get on the phone to them.

Sometimes items go missing in the post, my X10 is due to go back but rather than wait for the free postage box, im going to send mine by RMSD so i can keep an eye on it.

Wilky76 said:
If it doesn't show up today, i would get on the phone to them.

Sometimes items go missing in the post, my X10 is due to go back but rather than wait for the free postage box, im going to send mine by RMSD so i can keep an eye on it.

The free postage box is by special delivery :)

FYI - for a real world view of sensor issue awareness - I have sold mine recently and didn't have one question about sensor or orbs so for me it made no difference to resell.

Of the many 1,000s of shots I took with mine I didn't have one with an Orb in it so I was never convinced that it affected every single camera (mine was a 2012 purchase with latest firmware)

As is usually the case, an issue which is much bigger on a forum than it actually is for most people.

Last edited:
The free postage box is by special delivery :)

Is it oh :( i've already packed mine up to be sent off as soon as the post office open's today.

Can't be bothered to unpack it all now & wait for a box to arrive, and it not like im gonna starve paying £8 postage.

I'm sure as hell gonna miss my X10, while it's off to be sorted :(

Last edited:
Wilky76 said:
Is it oh :( i've already packed mine up to be sent off as soon as the post office open's today.

Can't be bothered to unpack it all now & wait for a box to arrive, and it not like im gonna starve paying £8 postage.

I'm sure as hell gonna miss my X10, while it's off to be sorted :(

My only concern would be, do you have your customer returns number on your packaging. It looks like they may have referenced the customer with the tracking number as my special delivery bag is all labelled up with my details, customer number and tracking number. This may assist them with logistics and who's is who's with the possibility of so many being returned in a short space of time.

My only concern would be, do you have your customer returns number on your packaging. It looks like they may have referenced the customer with the tracking number as my special delivery bag is all labelled up with my details, customer number and tracking number. This may assist them with logistics and who's is who's with the possibility of so many being returned in a short space of time.

I agree. And the package came next day. I would call Fuji if your posting box has not turned up yet. Best to send it via that method.

So far, so good. I sent my X10 off to Fuji yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I got an email saying it had arrived and would be sorted asap.

This is the last shot I took with it. (Processed using a preset from an Apple App called Flare):

West Wittering Parish Church by Keith Burton, on Flickr

Lovely shot Keith. I've been to the witterings many times but never seen that church. Guess it may be because I spend most my time on the beach, not the village.

Yeh i orginally emailed them on Monday and got a customer return number with label that i printed out, and the other bit with details of the problems in the box along with a copy of my receipt for warranty purposes.

I wasn't sure at the time i had a problem until i went into a store where they had an X10 on display & the barrel was sure as hell smoother than mine.

I've also mentioned having the sensor replaced, even though i didn't really get chance to check it out for orbs beforehand can't hurt to have it replaced anyways.

Edit

I've got everything i need to keep track of it.

Last edited:
I've also mentioned having the sensor replaced, even though i didn't really get chance to check it out for orbs beforehand can't hurt to have it replaced anyways.

They all have orbs, its a "feature" of the sensor. If you haven't had any, its not because your sensor isn't susceptible, its just that you haven't taken a shot that will show up the orbs.
I looked back on the shots I took with the X10 and there is a surprising number with orbs that I hadn't noticed before because they are so small, but they are there.

Allan

Well Allan I never really had a chance to really test out my X10 due to the bad weather this week, I know at some point i would have gotten the orbs, even though the camera came with 1.03 firmware out of the box.

My biggest concern really was how ruff the barrel felt when zooming in, also dust in the lens from new, i know dust will get in there at some point but don't expect it to be there from new.

Yep they look like orbs to me and I ain't a 'Pixel Peeper' :D

Orbs are definitely an issue for me, even after the firmware update. Any picture with lighting like this brings them out to play ...

orbs-2.jpg

orbs-1.jpg

As I took these to see if the firmware had resolved anything I'm not too worried about them; but I won't bother to take my X10 for similar night-time pics until I've had the sensor done.

Allan

Chris

It all seems a bit hit & miss doesn't it? Keeping my fingers crossed I get mine back OK..........and fairly soon:)

My bag from Fuji was labelled up the same, postage paid as above. It would be sensible to wait for their packaging to arrive and use that:)

The firmware 1.03 solved some of the problem when shooting above 800 ISO.
But not at all on 100 to 400 ISO
It will be interesting to test the ISO range when we get the new sensors.

Lovely shot Keith. I've been to the witterings many times but never seen that church. Guess it may be because I spend most my time on the beach, not the village.

Thanks mate.........I was on my way to the beach, but I'm not that familiar with the route and took a wrong turn, and found this lovely church:) Intend going back at some stage with a "proper" camera and tripod to shoot the interior.

none of those orb shots actually look bad. The moon one is clearly over exposed anyway, get that right and you probably wouldnt even notice an orb.

The avenue of light one doesnt even look like it has an orb in it, the lamp posts have spherical lamp shades so they look perfectly ok to me, certainly nothing distracting in any of them.

essexash said:
none of those orb shots actually look bad. The moon one is clearly over exposed anyway, get that right and you probably wouldnt even notice an orb.

The avenue of light one doesnt even look like it has an orb in it, the lamp posts have spherical lamp shades so they look perfectly ok to me, certainly nothing distracting in any of them.

The moon shot is overexposed I agree. I was just messing about with long exposures and a tripod.
The comment someone else made is absolutely correct - once you are aware of any possible problem it becomes very easy to focus on it. I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures taken with the new sensors.

In the end I still have taken a much greater percentage of shots I'm happy with from the X10 than I have with my D300.
Easier to take and use I guess.

Ali said:
Orbs are definitely an issue for me, even after the firmware update. Any picture with lighting like this brings them out to play ...

As I took these to see if the firmware had resolved anything I'm not too worried about them; but I won't bother to take my X10 for similar night-time pics until I've had the sensor done.

I can't see a single orb in these photos. Have a look at a photo I posted a few pages back (a glass flower with lots of colours); there you can see a few orbs. More than a hundred, in fact ;-)

and my X10 in travel mode -
[...]
Paul

That travel case is the business.(y) Like woodmaster says, I'd really like to know where that came from! The front end of your X10 is a bust for me, though. :shake:

That travel case is the business.(y) Like woodmaster says, I'd really like to know where that came from! The front end of your X10 is a bust for me, though. :shake:

It's a 7dayshop case, though I bought it through Amazon - I cut the foam out in the lower section to accommodate the batteries and please ensure the battery terminals face away from each other when you put them in!

Why so hung up on the lens cap? It's the only spare 52mm one I have and the only bit of a Nikon camera I've got a use for:D

4f755898.jpg

Paul

love the case. Not knowing a thing about electrics and magnetics but would there ever be an issue with sitting memory cards on top of batteries?

.......would there ever be an issue with sitting memory cards on top of batteries?

When you think that the memory card sits next to the battery in the camera, there would be no issues storing them together.
Allan

I have the first event of the holiday processed... a friends wedding in Budapest. Here are a few snaps from the day.

7389560252_a67e4bb25b_c.jpg

7389554686_1d9c6b865b_c.jpg

7389573460_e2e3d18e41_c.jpg

7392460546_5422d474ec_c.jpg

7392465404_1edd071a06_c.jpg

7389599882_ebe659555b_c.jpg

Guys,

I am about to send my X10 off for sensor replacement in the supplied packaging. Before I do, a quick question for those of you who have already done so....what do you send? Is it quite literally the camera itself? i.e. no battery/memory card/ lens cap/ strap etc.

I have a Gariz lens cap retainer fitted, so would mean leaving this on if I sent the lens cap as well. I am hearing stories of some cameras being completely replaced, which would mean losing the lens cap retainer...and also the glass screen protector.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I simply returned the X10 itself, the original battery, and the original lens cap.

I kept hold of all the other bits and pieces, and I also made the decision to remove the GGS screen protector that I had installed. It was only £3 so it's no great loss if I get the same camera back.

And so personally I'd be inclined to remove any aftermarket additions before sending it in, just in case they do send out a brand new replacement.

What's the deal with sensor replacements? Is there an issue that's meant every camera is getting one??

Hehe - its related to the orbs. You'll find some examples in the past few pages. You can send the X10 to have the sensor replaced if you so wish.

Back