The Photography Show 2015

Just been looking for samsung on the list and I can't find them?
Sadly they chose not to exhibit despite having a fantastic camera. Other than them it is a full house including Sony, Leica and Pentax/Ricoh who didn't do the show last year.

JonnyS - been following this thread with interest. Going on Saturday and looking forward to it. I've got a number of speakers lined up I want to see but it's not clear to me from the app or the website where they will be?

As an example, Luke Massey (wildlife photographer) is speaking at 12 but doesn't say where. I'd like to be able to plan my wanderings so that I don't have to go hunting around for people.

Don't suppose by any miracle there'll be anyone selling the Magmod stuff. Think they're online orders only from the US at present :(

I'll be there on Monday. My son is an ambassador for Ricoh Imaging UK and some of his work will displayed on their stand. (he's 8) He will also be doing a live TV interview around 1pm which will be streamed around the NEC. I'm slightly nervous as to what he will say. :)

I'll be there on Monday. My son is an ambassador for Ricoh Imaging UK and some of his work will displayed on their stand. (he's 8) He will also be doing a live TV interview around 1pm which will be streamed around the NEC. I'm slightly nervous as to what he will say. :)

As long as it's not "I wish my Dad would buy me a Canon" :D

There a link to it on home page.

Its also on the App and I've just found out the map is interactive only been looking at for the last few weeks and never noticed.......

Last edited by a moderator:
There a link to it on home page.

Its also on the App and I've just found out the map is interactive only been looking at for the last few weeks and never noticed.......

Thanks for the info :ty:

I missed the one of the home page! As far as the app goes, I don't seem to have anything I can run it on, as I'll be bringing a Win 8 tablet and don't have one of these new fangled phone thingies.

Is it worth taking a bare camera body with a memory card in? Will they let you mount it to thier display lenses if your interested in buying? Same goes for taking a lens of your own to throw on say a 7d2 to try it out?

Is it worth taking a bare camera body with a memory card in? Will they let you mount it to thier display lenses if your interested in buying? Same goes for taking a lens of your own to throw on say a 7d2 to try it out?
Should be ok.

Are people bothering taking cameras with them? I'm still in two minds - part of me says to do so in case there's anything worth shooting but another part of me says I'll just end up lugging it around the whole day which will be a pain, especially in a crowded environment.

I'm thinking in of taking mine to put a lens on any camera bodies I look at and the same for a body for lenses I look at.

That's it - if I was specifically looking to try some lenses then I'd take it with me but, as I'm not, I don't really see the point.

Going to take a CF card on the offchance Canon have a 5DS on their stand and will let me stick the card in and take a few shots :)

And we're queuing...

Canon are indeed doing double cash back at the show, £500 off a 5D3!!

I'm thinking in of taking mine to put a lens on any camera bodies I look at and the same for a body for lenses I look at.

At previous shows and at birdfair nikon would let you try any body with any lens if they had it. I'm sure other manufacturers are the same. Taking your own camera is useful if you are thinking of a specific third party lens to purchase and want to try it out. I gather there is a garden to take images at it that's what you want to do. There will always be a person carrying a large/long lens swinging in from their neck like they are on safari, it's become part of our day to see who can spot the person with the biggest out of place camera/lens!

Aaaarghhh. Couldn't book ahead because of pending arrival of grandchild elsewhere, now that's postponed and the discount codes don't work! Oh well, I didn't really need to, I don't really need to go...

The Canon 5DS is here but they won't let you put a card in it :(

Are the discounts any good at this show? Looking at getting myself the Bowens 400rx studio kit.

7d2's are £1299 and canon fit sigma 150-600mm are £1299 too

Back