The Photography Show 2015

XPro1 plus 18mm, 27mm, leather case and spare battery for £599. You'd think the 2 was looming but they said don't hold your breath just yet

Went to the Photography Show today, a lot more room to move about around than last year thanks to they have a larger hall. Some decent bargains at the show but didn't end up spending a penny, was thinking about buying some Lee Filters but didn't see any at all for sale from anyone in the show, had a nice talk with a few guys from the RPS so think I shall be joining as a member very soon :)

was thinking about buying some Lee Filters but didn't see any at all for sale from anyone in the show, had a nice talk with a few guys from the RPS so think I shall be joining as a member very soon :)

Wasn't the very first stand immediately on the left as you entered selling Lee filters???

I purchased an 'own' brand from them and saw they had a huge array of filters & 'Lee' filter holders for sale

Wasn't the very first stand immediately on the left as you entered selling Lee filters???

I purchased an 'own' brand from them and saw they had a huge array of filters & 'Lee' filter holders for sale

I think it was SRB and I think they had EE filters I brought a 77 mm UV filter form them adn when I got home realised I had one I had taken off my SIgma 10-20 that I had traded in:banghead:

Went to the Photography Show today, a lot more room to move about around than last year thanks to they have a larger hall. Some decent bargains at the show but didn't end up spending a penny, was thinking about buying some Lee Filters but didn't see any at all for sale from anyone in the show, had a nice talk with a few guys from the RPS so think I shall be joining as a member very soon :)
Linhof were selling them which were the stand right next to Lee themselves

I parked at the train station, it's closer than the NEC car park and only a fiver.

I only bought things that have made my mrs think I'm weird; extension pole for light stand, super clamp, sock for beauty dish, and a genuine quick bounce (the 3rd party copies all looked crap).

Yes that is correct it was right at the entrance... the one of the right

I think it was SRB and I think they had EE filters I brought a 77 mm UV filter form them adn when I got home realised I had one I had taken off my SIgma 10-20 that I had traded in:banghead:

It was indeed SRB. They had various 'offer packs' of LEE filters as well as individual items

Keep thinking of going again tmr lol unless anyone going tmr

Did anyone else check out the wedding albums by Wedbooks.EU? I thought they looked good, and excellent value.

Did anyone else check out the wedding albums by Wedbooks.EU? I thought they looked good, and excellent value.
Yes me too looks good value for money. Compare to graphistudio

Yes me too looks good value for money. Compare to graphistudio
I've looked at graphi a couple of years ago at the show, but I've never order an album from them. Are they your usual supplier?

I was also a bit surprised by the blue bleed in the centre of the spread of Loxley's albums. I asked about it, and they said the lab were looking into it. They said they hadn't changed their paper or printing, so I don't know how big of a problem it is. They said it had only affected a coupld of albums, which can't be true - if it only affected a couple of albums, why the hell would you put one of them on display at a trade show?

Went today and took 5 first year photography students from Manchester Met who all really enjoyed the student talks.

I got some bargain books and fine art magazines, loads of lovely printer paper and just managed to summon the willpower to not buy a beautiful Roller TLR.

And really enjoyed that talk from Don McCullin.

Very enjoyable day

Went yesterday and was impressed with the show, especially as was the first time that I've ever gone to a trade show. Did finally get a 7D2 which was a major reason for going and now down in Devon with friends for a few days to start getting used to it.
Good range of stands and saw a talk on Adobe LR which explained a lot. Hope to go next year and do more of the seminars and talks.
One thing that did make me chuckle....if photographers are so observant and aware of surroundings then why do they all walk about like they are in an airport terminal? The times people walked and stood in front of me when I was looking at something - luckily I didn't have a selfie stick else it may have been placed somewhere !

Went on Saturday. Had a few good discussions with suppliers, not many product announcements but enjoyed playing with Lytro's new camera and the Zeiss lightweight lenses.

It's a bit small though. I did Photokina and IBC last year. It's about 1/50th the size of IBC.

Show was really good this year. Lots more room, better food situation, talks spaced out further apart so there is less audio conflict when several events are on at once, lighting stands much better without all those tacky semi dressed models posing (Hasselblad a let down there though). Seemed to be more stalls selling equipment.
Very happy with the way the show is developing and the new hall was a very good move, load better than the old split halls.

Thanks to all the people who organised the show, who replied to questions on here and who staffed the stands or gave talks. You gave so many people a really super day out.

Thank you everyone for all your feedback and comments. Really useful. Do battle through the questionnaire you should have received - wider aisles and more food outlets are all a result of last year's survey.

Cheers!

Are the surveys going to everyone? My wife's had one, but she had a paid for ticket. I haven't had one.

I went again on Monday and was actually rather gobsmacked at how much the food was..it wasn’t obvious to me as I brought a sandwich with me on Saturday as I have food allergies and assumed there would be nothing to eat. So, I just had fruit and waited until I was on my way home. Very busy on Monday - felt quite jammed up at times. Went for some respite to the RPS travel assessments!

On a more serious note, a good presentation from Lindsay today. Came away with some things to try and a good deal of inspiration about shooting what could be deemed "ordinary" animals.

Thanks Lindsay :clap:

You are very, very welcome. I'm so pleased the talk was useful. I don't see the point of presenting exotic photographs from far-flung locations when most of us (myself included) don't have that luxury. It's amazing what you can do with a duck or a turkey! And please don't say 'stuff it and enjoy with a good Chablis' :p

Excellent event - really need two days to visit not just the one I managed. Birmingham and the NEC is a great venue- so much better than places I have to visit in London.

I don't use that type of email system. I'd like to be able to automatically bin things and never see them, but it doesn't work that way. All emails get downloaded, and most from "regular" correspondents get filed in their own folders. Everything else I have to at least look at. So either I didn't get one, or for some reason I didn't recognise who'd sent it. I do get some emails from people who must use special characters in their names e.g.
From: =?utf-8?Q?Sussex=20Archaeological=20Society=20membership?= <members@sussexpast.co.uk> and I might have missed it for that reason. Sue's email had a plain text "from" and "subject" though.

If you'd like to send me another please do so. I'll PM my email.

Back