The Real Beauty Project - **NSFW**

I don't know whether to call you brave or nuts - certainly braver than I am as I hate being in front of a camera :D I was cloning an imperfection out of a tomato earlier and thinking about this thread changed my mind and left it in. If the picture sells it sells as it is, imperfections and all and if it doesn't, well, I can always take it again if I am desperate.

Advertising has created the impression that everything must be perfect, objects as well as people.

Just so you know, you wont be getting another today, and you wont be getting any over the weekend either, I am seeing friends this weekend, and dont even ask if they will consider joining in :p

Would they consider joining in......... :puke: :coat:

Thought I would ask to save Gary getting into any more trouble with you later :D

and you wont be getting any over the weekend either

You speak for yourself LRRH. ;):D

What a bold, brilliant and beautiful project. Of course there are still some real men around that know only too well what a real woman is supposed to look like.

At Dee's request, here's another take on the retouching pic. I'd already PM'd Dee a copy of this, and have sent a rough breakdown of what was done to the image on the right.

It's quite striking what 5-10 mins with PS can do in the hands of a casual user (These changes, except for one, could also be done with makeup btw), so when hours are spent professionally retouching magazine images, changing bone structure etc, it's no surprise there's such a lack of body confidence amongst both men and women.

I'm actually starting ot wonder how much retouching gets done on male images in magazines such as Mens Health, GQ etc too.

3010401342_f228fdcd15_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually starting ot wonder how much retouching gets done on male images in magazines such as Mens Health, GQ etc too.

Just as much as with the ladies I'm sure. It really is a big worry. As makers of images and users of PP software, we all know just how much change there is between "real" images and the ones that make the press.

I have spoken to so many people that think they are looking at real people in magazines. More honest and bravery is required.

Dee - let me add my applause to this original and inspiring thread! Been off for a few days and its been a catch up for me. I will watch with interest - well done!!

What a bold, brilliant and beautiful project. Of course there are still some real men around that know only too well what a real woman is supposed to look like.

Indeed, thanks Dazza :D

Quite the thread, very inspiring. Well done and I look forward to more.

Thank you Jewel, more to come yet :)

Dee - let me add my applause to this original and inspiring thread! Been off for a few days and its been a catch up for me. I will watch with interest - well done!!

Wondered why you hadnt popped your head in here sooner :D Thanks John, I wont disappoint :)

I just want to say thanks again to Jason for the above pic, its been brilliantly done, and just goes to show how different someone can look with some PP work.

This kind of thread really makes you doubt what you see.

Indeed it does Jaco.

I watched Goks Miss Naked Beauty tonight, that guy has the right idea (y)

I just want to say thanks again to Jason for the above pic, its been brilliantly done, and just goes to show how different someone can look with some PP work.

Just reminds me when you use to come into work late with your makeup half done !! ;)

It is an excellent example of just how much manipulation goes on with images these days.

Indeed it does Jaco.

I watched Goks Miss Naked Beauty tonight, that guy has the right idea (y)

He may have the right idea, but he is intensely irritating!

Fantastic series of pics so far Dee.

Thanks Rob :):)

I agree, from a mans POV, he is the most irritating person on earth! But I guess women feel so comfortable around him, they can tolerate him more :D

We all want a gay boyfriend :p

really like the before & after photos of you Betty. I have to say that I prefer you as you really are....the pp version just makes you look plastic and totally unrealistic.

You wont catch me doing a project like this though but well done for being so brave!

Thank you BeHappy :)

And John, Ive started calling them "girls" and "bangers" :LOL:

Oh by the way, tonights image will be about Breast Cancer Awareness :):)

www.wearitpink.co.uk

Last edited:
***knock knock knock ***

Deeeee.............you coming out to play tonight?

:D

Thank you Carol, what a lovely thing to say :love:

Wear It Pink

In honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Day, I got mine out :D Well, just a little ;)

rbp6.jpg

Hope you like :)

Brill (y)
Very well lit too, what did you use?
How about contacting the organisers of the campaign, see if they'd like to use it as a promotional shot perhaps ?

Great idea for a shot, and for a very worth cause too :)

Thanks all! It just came to me at work today :D

Ill do that right now Marcel (y)

Hmmm, could only upload to the Hall of Fame. Theres a telephone number, I might give it a try tomoro :)

Edit: Sorry, I totally ignored your question :p I was looking directly at my softbox in my dark studio.

F10
1/80
ISO 400

:)

Last edited:
Dee, your thinking behind this is brilliant. I've walked around work (and town at lunchtime) with my pink top and a Captain Pink sticker on my tush. If I made someone smile, then job done, but posting takes far more balls than I have.

Look forward to the next installment after the weekend.

One word:- Awesomeness.

Muchos respectos for going live with this, I personally think it's fantastic & will follow it for sure (y)

Agree with the comments above - a lovely shot, the lighting is spot on and I love the idea of the stickers, well done! (y) You are much braver than most of us, (inc. me,) and I applaud you for doing this project!:clap:

Hehe, thanks everyone so much! Ive had a drink, and so I feel a bit emotional :D:D

Well done Dee. Those last two are brilliant. I can't believe the difference in the two shots, and the altered one really looks fake. The stickers shot is spot on :D

Back