The Real Beauty Project - **NSFW**

The Body

Some may think, that after this project, I am being hypocritical for wanting to lose some weight. Well my reason for doing so is this... I cant believe how close Christmas is. It seems to have crept out of nowhere this year. So from today, until the end of November, I am on a healthy eating regime, and I am going to do three lots of exercise a week. I dont see the harm in wanting to look my best for the Xmas season, plus it just means I can eat more, and still be my regular weight come the New Year :D

I have measured myself tonight, and here are the results... these are *real* womens measurements ;)

rbp8.jpg

Ill measure myself on the 30th November to see if there has been a change :)

Betty I applaud you.. what an awe inspiring thread from a real woman's point of view- Its moral boostiing,so anti stereo typical and to me screams normality and realism, Like you I've got bumps and lumps and wibblybits all in the wrong places.. but dya know - I dont care - people can take me for who I am- not what they want me to be-- end off !

( still want to lose 3 stone before Nov next yr *** for my big40- lol)

And this thread has inspired me to do it for ME , no one else..

I thankyou my dear- (y)

Aw Nikki, thats brilliant! I am so chuffed Ive gotten through to someone! :D

If people dont love you for who you are, its their loss :):)

*group hug*

Hi Dee I <3 your project and as discussed I have entered the thread that I discussed with you about which can be viewed here for people who are following Dee's thread - it kinda goes hand in hand with what she is doing - and she has allowed me to post this thread in here. And I have also linked her in my thread to both here - and her site.

Dee and Del on a mission :LOL:

Dee, all I can say is well done. I know which side of the lens I prefer (and that's with my clothes on too!).

One thing I will add about your "reduction" before Christmas is that my wife recently shed about a stone & a half, and the biggest thing she found was that cutting down on bread made a big difference.

We generally eat fairly healthily (apart frrom the odd chipy) but by reducing portion size and keeping to 2 slices a day she shed the weight fairly easily.

I lost weight too, but I still ain't getting that side of the camera ! :LOL:

Good luck with the project.

Steve

Thanks for the kind words, and advice Steve :)

I dont really eat a lot of bread anyway, but when I do, its brown/wholemeal/farmhouse batch :) I have actually lost a lot of weight on the Weight Watchers diet before, but thats when I was younger, and less comfortable in my own skin ;)

When can we expect the next installment Dee...? It's gone very quiet in here, hope you're feeling better.

I am much better thank you John, Ive had a couple of days holiday from work and went xmas shopping, and just been generally catching up on house jobs :)

Ill try and get another pic online this weekend :)

This is a great thread and I'm liking all the pictures so far - well done you! (y)

I do have a question for you though...

As a female with stupidly sensitive skin and very dark thick hair one of the banes of my life is leg hair and the removal of it... it is like some form of self inflicted torture no matter what method I try :bang:

My question is - how does your interpretation fit in with things like leg shaving / eyebrow plucking etc? Obviously the natural approach would be to not do it but most of us spend hours pratting about with tweezers, razors, epilators... even coating ourselves in hot wax :wacky:

I applaud you for the pictures you have already posted - theres no way I'm showing my butt on t'internet... I'm just wondering how far you would be willing to show what is truly natural?

BTW - I found weight watchers quite good as it doesn't restrict what you eat so much - just how much of it on a given day. It can get a bit obsessional though with counting points for everything...

I do have a question for you though...

My question is - how does your interpretation fit in with things like leg shaving / eyebrow plucking etc? Obviously the natural approach would be to not do it but most of us spend hours pratting about with tweezers, razors, epilators... even coating ourselves in hot wax

Yikes, I dont mean 100% natural :D Ill still shave my legs and stuff, I am leaning more towards the fact that every magazine image is doctored in some way, I would still expect the models to shave :LOL:

Thanks for your comments as well :):)

I would still expect the models to shave

:agree: Nothing more off-putting than the sight of Kate Moss with a 5 o'clock shadow ;)

Come to think of it, there's nothing more off-putting than the sight of Kate Moss.Period.*

*By "Period" I mean full stop, not "period" as in.....I'll shut up now :LOL:

Carry on the good work Dee (y)

The Body

Some may think, that after this project, I am being hypocritical for wanting to lose some weight. Well my reason for doing so is this... I cant believe how close Christmas is. It seems to have crept out of nowhere this year. So from today, until the end of November, I am on a healthy eating regime, and I am going to do three lots of exercise a week. I dont see the harm in wanting to look my best for the Xmas season, plus it just means I can eat more, and still be my regular weight come the New Year :D

I have measured myself tonight, and here are the results... these are *real* womens measurements ;)

Ill measure myself on the 30th November to see if there has been a change :)

This is the kind of thinking that leads to the problem in the first place. I'm am not having a go Betty and i don't think your a hypocrite at all.

The problem is people equate being healthy with being thin. There is nothing wrong with excersize and healthy eating. Its good for the body and the soul.

under eating to be thin is much worse for the body than being overweight (overweight not obese), as you starve the body from essential vitamins and minerals.

For the majority of us healthy eating and exercise will result in weightloss but for a bigger number than people would expect it will actually result in weight gain.

I think this is an excellent project :)

Thanks Ruth, bought myself a stepper today to help me along... it might be my next pic :D

Hey Betty. I've only just stumbled across this thread, and I know everyone has been saying the say thing, but WELL DONE YOU! You should, indeed, be very proud of what you are doing here.

I'm just like most other women, I have huge hang ups about my body, but we are what we are and we can just blame our parents for that! lol.

You're TP's very own Gok Wan!!! Keep up the good work!

Wow!!

I am loving this idea, and think you're doing fantastically well :clap:

So brave too! I am one of those stupid women who feel perfectly happy until they see someone super skinny (with perfect hair, tanned etc), and am overcome by a wave of insecurity. It passes quickly, once I realise how RIDICULOUS this is, but I have no idea why it happens. It must just be ingrained into my mind somewhere either from society or the media that this is what men like! (And how ridiculous is it that I should think myself inadequate for not looking good to men! Psh!) But the responses from the men to this project show that they are much happier with something to cuddle than a bag of bones ;)

It has certainly made me feel better, I'm not overweight but I have worked in an office for a year between unis & put on weight as I was snacking out of boredom, I'm not unhappy with my size as such, just need to get a bit more toned and healthy, I certainly don't do enough exercise at the moment.

I love the picture of you on the bed, that is just brilliant, really beautiful and classical! I would say I am mostly insecure about my (huge) bum and thighs, even though I have never really seen them properly, a twisted backwards view in the mirror hardly counts; I am quite tempted to take a similar picture of myself in the hope I will be pleasantly suprised! It really is an inspiring thread :)

I am a proper lurker on this site but couldn't resist posting about this! Keep up the good work :)

Thank you Selkie, nice to know you've popped out of the shadows to post :)

I promise there are more photos to come :)

90% of women are...

... wearing the wrong bra size.

rbp9.jpg

For as long as I can remember, I have been wearing a 36C. They seem to fit ok, so Ive never considered getting measured, I didnt see the point. Well I went shopping the other day, and the other half pushed me into a lingerie shop to get measured, as he didnt think I was wearing the right size. Well it turns out I got the 36 bit right, but the C? Was actually a DD.

Ladies, take a look here...

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/fitting_room.asp?cat=161&txt=5804&cm_re=home_left-_-fitting

I urge you to go and get measured too, finding out your boobs are bigger than you thought, certainly brightens up your day ;)

Edit: For the record, the average bra size for 2008 is actually a 36C, up from a 34B nine years ago!

Last edited:
hey Dee - for once I'm in the minority!
I've lost just over a stone in weight for health reasons, so 6 months ago I needed a new bra and thought as I'd lost weight (and dropped a bottom size), I thought I'd best get remeasured - still haven't changed from a 34D. Thought I'd be smaller so my hubbie was pleased too!

I now need to drag my best friend to the shops as she's finished breast feeding. I know she's definitely in the majority.

There are some good images on this thread Betty :clap:.

Last edited:
Thank you Jo, glad you like :)

What on earth were you doing up at that god awful hour though? :D

Good god Betty! have you seen the view count for this thread, it'll go through the roof when you start exposing more of your bits. :LOL:

Nice work girl! (y)

But how else can I post images now without seeming like an exhibitionist? :D

I am running low on ideas if I am honest, does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do next? Ill try to recreate your ideas :)

Just be an exhibitionist screw it lol. (not literally... i know what people are like on here.. :LOL:)

I am running low on ideas if I am honest, does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do next? Ill try to recreate your ideas :)

Dee........how about recreating the famous Christine Keeler shot? :)

Back