The Seven Sisters (Mono)

Oh yes, I do like this, very much indeed. Great lighting, excellent sky, wonderful viewpoint. Triffic!

i think the choice to use mono enforces the dominance of the cliffs, especially those in the foreground. well taken

Superb. I only live down the road, but getting out of bed is a chore! Lovely and thanks for posting

Very good indeed. Looks like another place on my list for landscapes and not too far from Dorset either.

Superb. I only live down the road, but getting out of bed is a chore! Lovely and thanks for posting
Cheers Rob, I get there quite a bit, in fact Ive just looked out the window and the sunset is stunning, ---should have there today?

Geoff

Another winner Geoff, a fraction lighter maybe but a great image all the same.
Cheers Tim, I did lift the nearest cliffs quite a lot as they were in heavy shadow and I didn't want to loose the lovely light further along. Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciate,

Geoff

Very good indeed. Looks like another place on my list for landscapes and not too far from Dorset either.
Hi Michael, No your only an hour and a bit away, If you do get up here feel free to gibe me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction to get to the best view points,

Geoff

Hi Michael, No your only an hour and a bit away, If you do get up here feel free to gibe me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction to get to the best view points,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff, I'll keep that in mind.

I like that. It helps to have the low, dark clouds to the right.

Nothing wrong there. The white of the cliffs and dark sky makes a great contrast
Cheers Steve, When the sun gets on those cliffs it really bring life to them and makes contrasting a lot easier in Mono, Its so much stronger than the colour version,
Thanks for your feedback,

Geoff

Fabulous luminous light on the cliffs, could some of the dark areas at the foot of the cliffs and on top of them be lifted to advantage?
Hi Toby, I know what you mean, I did try that but I found that it straightway took the eye away from the light at in the distance and almost totally rendered the lighthouse insignificant. Thanks fro your feedback, I really appreciate it,

Geoff

Cracking image. Love the light on the cliffs.
You do have a halo issue though...along the top edge of the closest cliff, about a third in from the left of the image.

Cracking image. Love the light on the cliffs.
You do have a halo issue though...along the top edge of the closest cliff, about a third in from the left of the image.
Thanks Ruth, that was actually and annoying bit pf stray cloud which I though I had got out, I will get on to that, Thanks a lot for your feedback, its much appreciated,

Geoff

Fantastic shot. slight reduction in the highlights, just enough to take away the edge but not enough to make it look less characteristic for me.
Cheers Phil, and thanks a lot for your feedback, much appreciated,

Geoff

Beautiful photograph, looks great in mono.
May I ask if that was taken from the Birling Gap?

From Birling Gap, you look at the Seven Sisters to the West....IIRC this is looking East from around the Cuckmere Haven area, or thereabouts, I think.

Nice wotk Geoff.

From Birling Gap, you look at the Seven Sisters to the West....IIRC this is looking East from around the Cuckmere Haven area, or thereabouts, I think.

Many thanks, you have inspired me to go there!

Hi Creo, This was taken from the Seaford head side, its the best viewpoint as at High tide from the Cuckmere Park at Exeat you wont get on the beach and at low tide you would need to cross the Cuckmere estuary to get to this point. Birling gap is the lowest point along the cliff below the Belle Toute Lighthouse. there are steps to the beach there but the are closed of in very high tides and bad weather, and to walk from there to the Cuckmere you would need to know the tides pretty well, I have done it and then walked back along the cliff top.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. I have been looking at Google maps, do you think it would it be best for someone that doesnt know the area such as myself to drive to the Coastguard Cottages on the Seaford side, and walk down to the beach there to photograph the Seven Sisters?
Pls excuse me somewhat hijacking your thread, but I have been thinking of going to Beachy Head sometime, and your great photo has made up my mind, so exercising the logic of my wife - its your own fault :)

Back