The Seven Sisters (Mono)

No problem Creo, If you want to get to the Coast Guards Cottages the best way is via Seaford, Find Chyngton Way from the Chyngton Road end and drive to the end where you come to a T junction, Turn right into a farm track that goes up the hill. there is a car park at the top with a large barn, park opposite the barn and the private track to the right of the barn, this will lead you down to the cottages and the beach on the west side of the river estuary, but if you want to access the beach only go at low tide. The other option for the west side is to park in the car park at the seven sister country park on the A259 then walk back along the road to the Exeat Bridge and then left on far side of the bridge through the pub car park, but this is a longer walk. The other way is from the SS county park and walk up the left hand side of the river to the East side of the estuary, this will bring you closer to the cliffs and the cliff top walk but will give you less photographic beach opportunities. From ther drive East along the A259 until you reack East Dean and then turn right to Birling gap, which is at the eastern end of the sisters and gives you access to the beach via steps and also a pleasant walk up to the Belle Tout lighthouse and on to Beachy Head. If walking ids not for you then come out of the car park at Birling Gap and turn right, this will take you along the cliffs to Beachy Head with plenty of stopping places, although they are all pay parking areas, and then on to Eastbourne.
I would be happy to meet up with you sometime and show you some of the best places for photographs, including High and Over where the vies along the Cuckmere Valley are spectacular and the pretty dowland village of Alfriston, and If anyone else fancies it that would be a good day out.

Geoff

Many thanks Geoff for that great information, and your invitation. Would love to come along and meet with you. I am a little slow though due to a duff ankle, so walking distance or on rough terrain isn't so good for me (and whoever I am with!). I live near Petersfield so a couple of hours drive away I think.
Would be great to arrange something. Is it viable in the winter, or best to wait until the spring?
Thanks again.
Joe

Many thanks Geoff for that great information, and your invitation. Would love to come along and meet with you. I am a little slow though due to a duff ankle, so walking distance or on rough terrain isn't so good for me (and whoever I am with!). I live near Petersfield so a couple of hours drive away I think.
Would be great to arrange something. Is it viable in the winter, or best to wait until the spring?
Thanks again.
Joe
Joe it entirely up to you, there is about 1/4 mile down hill (and back again) walk from the car park at Seaford Head if that's not a problem? As for when, perhaps the late winter/ early spring may suites you better although if you want to go before Christmas that's fine, either way its a question of looking at the tides and weather in advance. Im up your way this weekend at my sisters in Liphook and the following weekend at my Sons in Petersfield, so they would be out but weekdays can be arranged.

Geoff

Back