The Snake Thread **some snakes feeding shots inside**

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
I keep and breed snakes. Lots of them. I`ll add to this thread fairly often but be warned, the odd image may be offensive/repulsive to some. I don`t do gore for it`s own sake but I do like an arresting image and when one comes along, I can`t resist.
I`ll start with a Western Hognose. A rear fang venomous snake that looks, sounds and behaives as if far more dangerous than it actually is. These little guys hood up like Cobras too....
LittleHOG062.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Her name is Fleef by the way...
She regularly puffs herself up really big and hisses the house down! Noisey little devil she is...
Mantid081.jpg

These are the type of image I thought may offend some. As you can hopefully see though, they`re tasteful in that they are very nicelt posed, arresting images. This is my Malagassy Hognose, a rear fang venomous snake from Madagascar.......
Fangmission026.jpg

The very same super photogenic snake. His eyes are beautiful...
Fangmission045.jpg

One of my Western Hogs, not JUST eating, but eating bacwards. The resulting image I thought was just very weird looking.....
Fangmission074.jpg

This is Tazer, my very agro Kingsnake. These guys eat Rattlesnakes in the wild....
mindbogle028.jpg

Finally for now, my Pinstripe Royal Python "Fluffy" Something I`d never name a snake. He was named by Huey Morgan of the Fun Loving Criminals.....
(That makes it cool lol )
headshots087.jpg

Great set, I think with a levels boost the 1st Western Hognose would be stunning ;)
As it is the Malagasy Hognose peering around the foliage is my favourite
closely followed by the western hognose eating backwards :thumbs;
( you really should have a word with him though :LOL:)

Cheers :) Yeah I do understand that it`s not everyones bag which is why I warned about the nature of some of the photos. I photograph all manner of everything though so you`re pretty much bound to see something of mine that you do like at some point...... :)

I love Hoggies, they are so cool, most amazing brass necked snakes ive seen.

I love the one of the mouse being eaten backwards, its just different, head and mouth, fantastic.

Right that`s it, give me your albino Royal python! lol Beautiful! :) Yep Hoggies are great little characters aren`t they!

Interesting angle on the Sharp Albino Female Boa
Nice set (y)

Oh beautful ! Not that I can fault the images but I do like a "real" background to snake images.... I did an absolute load of nice baby Western Hognose shots last night so watch this space. I`ll try and upload the best ones tonight....

I really dont see the need for posting "eating" images on a forum such as this.

We all know some people dont like snakes and find the eating elment difficult to contend with.

If you must post that type of shot why no do it on RFUK or Captivebred?

Slippery42.... I warned about the images, explained my feelings about those particular shots AND make my justifications for thier use at the begining of this thread. I don`t wish to argue or discuss it any further than I already have. If the images offend or disgust you, don`t look at them. The very same goes for the nude section.
Cheers Rubiks :) That is just such a photogenic snake. An absolute joy to photograph! :)

This is one of my maddest Hogs. She does a lovely little display if you have to gall to so much as look at her lol
MacroHog118.jpg

MacroHog101.jpg

MacroHog083.jpg

MacroHog071.jpg

You can even see a bit of fang in some of these shots....
MacroHog061.jpg

MacroHog054.jpg

MacroHog048.jpg

MacroHog043.jpg

MacroHog037.jpg

MacroHog034.jpg

She looks like a dragon or something in this one! very cool :)
MacroHog022-Copy.jpg

MacroHog025.jpg

I realise that photographically a lot fo those ren`t great at all, I just like them a lot:)

Slippery42.... I warned about the images, explained my feelings about those particular shots AND make my justifications for thier use at the begining of this thread. I don`t wish to argue or discuss it any further than I already have. If the images offend or disgust you, don`t look at them. The very same goes for the nude section.
Cheers Rubiks :) That is just such a photogenic snake. An absolute joy to photograph! :)

Sorry
30 + years of professional involvement in herpetology nothing shocks me, however I do thing there are things that are wise and others that are unwise.
Posting eating shots on this type of forum is in my opinon (and other serious/professionals) gratuitous and unnecessary.

I have no doubt this will upset you but...........

I hate to say this but when was a Western Hog Nose Snake a South American Snake?

Please be accurate in your posts!

Last edited:
heres some baby pythons from a shoot i did a while ago, these arent the finished articles, cant seem to find them, but its more to share the snake with you

snake.jpg

snake-2.jpg

snake-4.jpg

snake-3.jpg

Last edited:
Slipperyperson. I will not be drawn into argument I have made my points and I stick by them. I`m also a chronic pain sufferer and full of morphine all the time so you`ll have to excuse the odd oversight or mistake ok. I consider those particular eating shots to be unusually striking or unusual which is why I`ve posted them. It`s no different to a war correspondant showing pictures of death or a picture of a slave. They subject matter may be shocking but it`s not shocking for shockings sake. Please take your years of experience and go away. I will ignore any further posts by you as you are obviously just one of these halfwits that likes to go onto the internet and argue. Far more offensive than any photo.
................................................................................................................................
Oooooh nice Vinesnake! Loving the Rpyal pictures too, they really look lovely in black and white don`t they? You`ve inspired me to do some black and white Royal shots now! Watch this space :) Thanks for sharing dude, it`s nice to see this thread has attracted some nice peole too :)

OK gentlemen, enough thankyou. If you don't like the shots, offer fair critique if appropropriate, otherwise no need to visit the thread anymore, thankyou.

If you feel any images are inappropriate, please feel free to report them rather than getting into a debate, let the staff decide. Though for the record, I see nothing overly offensive or anything that hasn't been warned about.

Quite right....
This is Troy, my biggest Royal python who sadly died recently. She was very old and the biggest Royal python I`ve ever seen....
AVTroy.jpg

troy.jpg

Thanks for sharing everyone, it`s really nice to see everyone elses snake photos appearing in this thread aswell! :) I`m already inspired into doing some black and white Royal python shots. :)

This is "Mrs Norman" A coastal Carpet python of mine. The person I bought her off had a male called Norman and had never really named her, just called her Mrs Norman. Needless to say I quite like the name so I kept it :)
She`s a proper nutter. She registeres the food but is too excited by movement so she just clocks ME. She`s big too, about ten feet so pretty dangerous. I need to be on my toes with this one so if I`m having a bad day or the morphine is doing it`s usual drowsy bit, I leave her well alone....
Todayssnakes008.jpg

Her sclaes split light so well she always makes for an interesting photo! If it weren`t so dangerous I`d get my microscope on her. I did do a macro shot of her mate Arnie though, I`ll have a look for that and post it soon :)

Ah right, I can`t see his posts... Have they got a decent sized reptile section in Paignton zoo? I was at Bristol zoo recently and they have a sign there which states that Bristol zoo do not condone the keeping of reptiles as pets. They then go on to describe a situation whereby somebody gets a snake, it gets "too big for them" and they go and dispose of it in the local fields or something. The wording actually suggests that anybody who`d keep a reptile is irresponsible! That "Most suffer a slow and agonising death in unsuitable conditions if they`re lucky enough to survive the night" Those aren`t the exact words but it was as bad as that. I`ll take a photo of the sign next time I go there. Peed me off a bit that did. Of course there are people that shouldn`t be keeping any animal but suggesting most reptile keepers are an irresponsible bunch is just silly and incorrect isn`t it.....

Oh he`s a young `un :) Beautiful! Those guys are really pretty aren`t they! Scary clever too.... Oh I`ll keep the thread alive :) I`ll have a shed load of baby Carpet pythons soon hopefully so I`ll be as snap happy as they will be! lol They`ll be pretty too, the male is a Jungle Jaguar and I have a Jungle female who has already been mated and Mrs Norman above who`s babies will be stunning!

:cool: Look forward to the baby pics!
You may like this if you are into morelia.

bo1-1.jpg

dia3.jpg

Ooooh yeah beautiful! That black one looks mean doesn`t he! Are they yours?

Oh, to still have my BRB (Brazilian rainbow boa) now I've got a DSLR! Catch BRBs in the right light, and they look truly spectacular!

Back