The Snake Thread **some snakes feeding shots inside**

Pythons for the win, I mean real pythons not the fatty ball pythons :)

I have pics of pythons in my flickr, link in signature ;)

Thorn.
Sharp Albino Male
DSC_0050-2.jpg

A Rather angry surinam in shed
Boas180.jpg

Some nice shots here.
I've never been a fan of snakes myself; I've only ever seen them in captivity not really doing anything so they've always seemed a bit boring to me, but they can be beautiful creatures.

Good idea for a thread. Stunning GTP Slippery!

Couple of shots i took of my royal earlyer, not up to the standard of some of the images seen in this thread but still! Would have liked to get a few more of him but he was in a funny mood....

Sorry that this is completely non related to the photography, but did you need to get a DWA license to keep these?

I used to keep and breed Scorpions, but as soon as slightly potent venom is mentioned they waved the 'DWA' thing in my face.

I love these shots, I take quite a few for a local reptile shop.

StuartH how do you keep the eyes natural? Its looks like you are using some kind of of lighting system

Off camera flash/lighting. You get redeye when the source of light is coming from the same area that your camera is located.

Have a go at turning the flash off and creating your own light, even with lamps and natural daylight through a window. The results will astonish you!

Wow, you guys have some beauties...

My male hognose, he's pretty hissy. Never bitten though!! - many pictures of him hodding too!! lol
img5185net.jpg

My male amel hognose ... (this is an old picture the new one has less of the bark and the snakes head is better possitioned!)
162712_10150373651665223_750890222_16458949_5340147_n.jpg

As you cant see much of the image above... heres a rubbishy image.
167073_10150373651710223_750890222_16458951_4923035_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love these shots, I take quite a few for a local reptile shop.

StuartH how do you keep the eyes natural? Its looks like you are using some kind of of lighting system

Hi mate have replied to your pm also..(y)
I use three studio lights and a light tent no flash at all.;)

I have nothing as awesome as you guys but here is a quick snap of my Corn snake. I have had this guy 9 years now and im only 23 now.

snake03.jpg

Some beautiful snakes on here guys.
Not my favourite things in the world but psyched myself up to hold one on holiday last year and ended up holding 3 rather large (well large to me!!) snakes and thought they were absolutely stunning and fell in love with a rainbow boa!

Oh beautiful Burmese there ! I don't think I've ever seen one that young. Very strong colour! Aaaw bless that little Corn snake! He looks a bit like my recently matured male "Steve `o" Named after Steve Irwin. He's got the same markings almost actually :) I'm really happy to see this thread has carried on in my absence :) Really cool that :) Now that I'm back (really mad few months for me) I've got some Jungle Jaguar Carpet pythons due to hatch in about a week. me thinks i'll be just as snap happy as they will be! lol

Thats a really nice set of balls there Stu (y)

#3 is almost "speak no evil" "hear no evil" "see no evil" :D

Some cracking images in this thread, I love the attitude in the hoggies - I swear they think theyre cobras ;)
I think my favourite images in this thread are Stuarts first python and the retic.

Heres a few from me

Eyelash pit viper_3675sc by AngiNelson2011, on Flickr

Lesser platty Royal python_8876ssc by AngiNelson2011, on Flickr

Rough green snake_9239sc by AngiNelson2011, on Flickr

Purple Albino Reticulated Python_9085ssc by AngiNelson2011, on Flickr

Purple Albino Reticulated Python_9126ssc by AngiNelson2011, on Flickr

Vine snake striking by AngiNelson2011, on Flickr

more later ;)

Some cracking images in this thread, I love the attitude in the hoggies - I swear they think theyre cobras ;)

:p

I've already commented about the Pit Viper in the other thread :)
(which I do really like BTW)
The Vine snake is also a cracker (y)

Although the Purple Retic makes for a a nice image, I must admit to being a
bit of a purist ;)

:p

I've already commented about the Pit Viper in the other thread :)
(which I do really like BTW)
The Vine snake is also a cracker (y)

Although the Purple Retic makes for a a nice image, I must admit to being a
bit of a purist ;)

Lol, I know what you mean, none of the snakes above are my favourites, I prefer Boiga, Atheris and Trimeresurus

Unfortuantly I don't keep reptiles anymore, however when I was 16 I had a nice collection of corns, a royal, and a boa, amounst other things. Here's some shots from 08/09 ;)

D2.png

D4.png

sabrina1-1.jpg

111111.jpg

Photo-0179jm.jpg

3-4.jpg

EDIT: Love the shots of the royals above ;D

Last edited:
Aww I'm loving all these snake pictures! :love::love::love:

Here's some of mine

Speedy
5690534358_628937319d_z.jpg

5927578073_b3ec73830e_z.jpg

5225244062_6f778557bc_z.jpg

Spike
5882913262_4660205a6a_z.jpg

Benny
4710579322_3dd70ec451_z.jpg

JD
5224560197_0d94d21570_z.jpg

Sorry if the last picture is in any way offensive, I saw some other feeding shots so hope its ok

Sorry if the last picture is in any way offensive, I saw some other feeding shots so hope its ok

Great Set of speedy (y)
I'm just gonna pop a "feeding warning" in the thread title to be on the safe side (y)

Some cracking shots so far keep em coming,thanks all for the kind words about my balls..:D (actually they arent mine):nuts: Some great shots angi.;)
heres a couple more

DSC_7241.jpg

DSC_7183.jpg

Back