The TP Cook Book

EASY. Toastabags.
Thank me later :LOL:

Excellent (y)

As you realised I was taking the ****,
but I never knew such a thing existed,
you live and learn :)

they are great.....wilkos do them for £1

and i am going to try that pulled pork this week sound fab.

Pulled Pork ..

1 tblp ground cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together in a bowl, then rub over a Pork Shoulder joint. Place in oven (fat up), uncovered, at 150c for five hours (it`s supposed to look chared, its the sugar).

Pull apart with two forks, and serve.

Sounds great that thanks for sharing

Paulie-W said:
Pulled Pork ..

1 tblp ground cumin
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together in a bowl, then rub over a Pork Shoulder joint. Place in oven (fat up), uncovered, at 150c for five hours (it`s supposed to look chared, its the sugar).

Pull apart with two forks, and serve.

Excellent mix. I've been doing pulled pork since feasting on it in mid state USA.

295273_10150643382043667_272938951_n.jpg

These are squidgy chocolate brownie-like cookies, combining the best of both worlds! They also happen to be dairy free.
Ready in 32 mins
Ingredients
Serves: 72
• 85g best-quality cocoa powder
• 400g caster sugar
• 125ml vegetable oil
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 250g plain flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 60g icing sugar

Preparation method
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 12 mins
In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, caster sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours. best left over night also put back into fridge between batches.
Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line baking trays with parchment. Roll dough into 2.5cm balls. Coat each ball in icing sugar before placing onto prepared trays.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the baking tray for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.

Last edited:
Terri

Do I really have to wait 4 hours? And does the dough thicken up if so? If not there will be more dolloping than ball moulding going on :LOL:

Last edited:
Sorry yes 4 hours or longer the better and yes it thickens up...what i do is leave the mixture in the fridge over night and then bake a tray a day...that is if the kids haven't eaten the dough..

Well, if the lick of the spoon was anything to go by, they should be delish. Waits patiently, whilst salivating ;)

Full post with extra pics of it's true yumminess can be found here[/QUOTE]

i am going to give this ago when Hubby gets home, and try one when we are in Spain.

Beef and Pulled Pork Enchiladas for tea!!

Seeing as my wife thankfully didn't eat the rest of the pulled pork, in it went into the slow cooker!

Pulled Pork leftovers
500g lean beef mince, fried with one chopped scotch bonnet, finely sliced onion, 1 tablespoon Aromat and one tablespoon gravy granules
Into slow cooker with dash of salt and pepper, 1 tin kidney beans, 1 tin baked beans (making do with what was in the cupboard), 1 tablespoon BBq sauce and chopped carrots.

After several hours, spoon into tortilla wraps (I prefer the thicker, square ones), roll up and lie side by side in suitable dish. Cover with a thin layer of crushed tomatoes and Monterey Jack cheese. Bang in the oven until all cheese is cooked to your preference.

Nom nom nom!!!!! (already eaten and it was delish!!!!)

smartflash (1 of 1).jpg by dobinio, on Flickr

Bacon muffins
229238_10150186590198667_2176108_n.jpg

You can eat these as they come or just buttered, but they are also a treat with scrambled or poached egg, suasages tomaotes ect. You can vary the flavour by adding, for example grated cheese. black pudding, or sun dried tomatoes instead of bacon.

makes 8 preheated oven 180c,350f, gas 4

5oz (160g) British streaky bacon
1 meadium onion chopped
Sunflower oil or butter, for frying
2 medium eggs
9oz (240g) plain flour
1tsp (5ml) baking powder
sea salt
2tsp (10ml)basil
4floz (120ml) low fat yogurt
21/2 floz (80ml) sunflower oil
freshly ground black pepper or cayenne.

Snip the bacon into thin strips and cook with the oil with the onion drain on kitchen paper,lightly beat the eggs sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and add the rest of the ingreadients, including the eggs and bacon. gentley fold the mixture into the eggs with aa spoon grease the inside of each muffin hole pour in the mixture and bake for 25 mins allow to cool for a few minutes before removing.

What you need:

1 Pork Fillet
1 carton passata
1 tin chopped toms
3 cloves of garlic (chopped up)
½ red chilli
Palm of Italian mixed herbs (tablespoon ish)
Fresh basil (6 leaves)
Bunch of coriander (finely chopped)
1 red onion (finely chopped)
1 glass of red wine
1 teaspoon Demerara sugar
Method:

Add a little oil and butter to a large pan, then add the onion, garlic, and dried herbs, cook until onion goes translucent.
Thinly slice the pork fillet (like bread), then add to pan, toss until lightly browned.
Add the passata, and chopped toms, then stir gently…
Add the fresh herbs, and sugar …
Add ½ of the glass of wine (the other half is for drinking)

Cover, and let simmer on low heat for about 45 mins, stirring occasionally.

Cook up your favourite pasta (tagliatelli works well with this dish)

Serve, eat and enjoy :D

Oooh forgot to report back - going down a treat (y) Made them a bit bigger - only got 24 out of the dough and cooked them for 14/15 minutes - but yes, quite delicious :D

Cinnamon Buns, with Vanilla Frosting by Paulie W, on Flickr

What you need
1lb 2oz/500g strong, white bread flour
2 oz/55g muscovado sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 oz cold butter cut into small pieces
7g dried yeast
½ pint/300 ml warm (not hot) milk
Knob of melted butter
Cinnamon sugar (cinnamon and caster sugar mixed together works)
Betty Crocker, Vanilla Frosting (comes in a tub)

Mix together the flour with the sugar, salt. Add the butter pieces and rub the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse sand. pour in the warm milk and mix using a spatula until a soft sticky dough is formed.
Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for no less than 10 minutes or until a silky smooth dough is formed.
Place in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm (not hot) place until doubled in size, this should take about 2 hours.
Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knock all the air from the dough and knead again for 2 mins.
Flatten out, then add 4 tbl spoons of the cinnamon sugar to the melted butter, mix and spread over the dough.
Roll, and cut into bun sized chunks, place in pan.
Bake in the preheated oven at 190C fan, for 15 - 20 minutes or until the buns are well risen and golden brown.
Using a spatula, spoon on copious portions of Betty Crocker, vanilla frosting mix, over the warm buns, so it all melts in.
Lift the buns onto a wire rack and leave to cool.

These are sweet, but damn they`re nice ….

Hi,
I do not know what to call the following, but it is one of my favorites, both my girls love it. I must thank my mum for this one.

Quantity of very thinely sliced smoked back bacon
3 large lemons
olive oil

Yep that all the ingredients and preperation and cooking is just as easy.

1/ lay the bacon in a dish
2/ squeeze lemon juice into a bowl and add some olive oil
3/ pour marinade over the bacon, cover and leave in fridge overnight

Thats it no cooking required. ( the acid in the lemon juice cooks the bacon )

Eat with brown bread. Lovely

must give that a go Dave never tried or heard of it before. thanks

just makesure the marinade covers the bacon completly

Cheese Muffins

225g self raising flour
50g rye flour (if you can't find it just add 50g to the SR flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon English mustard powder
125g strong cheddar cheese, grated
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
150g Greek yoghurt
125ml full fat milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Preheat over to 200C
Mix flour, baking powder, bicarb, salt, mustard, and cheese in a large bowl.
In a jug beat together the remaining ingredients and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix together with a fork.
Spoon into muffin cases in a muffin tin and bake for 20 mins. Take them out and sprinkle the top with a little more grated cheese and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Pop back in the oven for 3 mins to melt the cheese.

After they've cooled, they are best popped in the microwave for 15 second to warm through before eating.

Muffins%20lo%20res.jpg

Muffins%20II%20lo%20res.jpg

I make these often, they're so moorish :)

from River Cottage Handbook No. 3

Doughnuts.

makes 20
250g strong white
250g plain white flour
200 ml warm milk
100g unsalted butter softened
100g caster sugar plus extra for dredging.
2 medium free range eggs
5g powered yeast
10g salt
At least a litre of oil.

You really need to use a food mixer fitted with a dough hook for this recipe. Mix by hand if you like, but it will be a rather sticky affair. Put the flours, milk, butter,sugar,eggs, yeast, and salt into the bowl of the mixer and knead with the dough hook for about 10 mins. dust the dough with a little flour, turn on to a floured surface and shape into a round.( My note.. this is still really sticky)

clean and dry the bowl, put the dough back in it and cover with cling film or a plastic bag leave to rise until it has doubled in size.

Turn the risen dough out on to the work surface, press out all the air and divide into 20 equal pieces. each piece should be around 50g. Roll them into balls and place on a floured cloth or board. cover with cling film or a plastic bag until doubled in size.

Heat a 5-8 cm depth of oil in a deep heave based saucepan to 175c; the oil must not fill the pan by more than a third. if you don't have a frying thermometer, check the oil temperature by dropping in a cube of bread; it should turn golden brown in a minute. deep fry the the dough balls in batches for about 5 minutes, turning them over every now and then so they brown evenly.

Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain well on kitchen paper for half a minute or so. While they are still warm toss in caster sugar to coat. Enjoy!

you can use a small syringe to fill with a filling of your liking.

Note by me. they took time but it was good fun i was making them with two 17 year olds.

418438_10151003998188667_1832723138_n.jpg

255331_10151003998668667_1624614287_n.jpg

484490_10151003998978667_1251198535_n.jpg

480098_10151003999268667_1893968391_n.jpg

Last edited:
from River Cottage Handbook No. 3

Doughnuts.

makes 20
250g strong white
250g plain white flour
200 ml warm milk
100g unsalted butter softened
100g caster sugar plus extra for dredging.
2 medium free range eggs
5g powered yeast
10g salt
At least a litre of oil.

You really need to use a food mixer fitted with a dough hook for this recipe. Mix by hand if you like, but it will be a rather sticky affair. Put the flours, milk, butter,sugar,eggs, yeast, and salt into the bowl of the mixer and knead with the dough hook for about 10 mins. dust the dough with a little flour, turn on to a floured surface and shape into a round.( My note.. this is still really sticky)

clean and dry the bowl, put the dough back in it and cover with cling film or a plastic bag leave to rise until it has doubled in size.

Turn the risen dough out on to the work surface, press out all the air and divide into 20 equal pieces. each piece should be around 50g. Roll them into balls and place on a floured cloth or board. cover with cling film or a plastic bag until doubled in size.

Heat a 5-8 cm depth of oil in a deep heave based saucepan to 175c; the oil must not fill the pan by more than a third. if you don't have a frying thermometer, check the oil temperature by dropping in a cube of bread; it should turn golden brown in a minute. deep fry the the dough balls in batches for about 5 minutes, turning them over every now and then so they brown evenly.

Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain well on kitchen paper for half a minute or so. While they are still warm toss in caster sugar to coat. Enjoy!

you can use a small syringe to fill with a filling of your liking.

Note by me. they took time but it was good fun i was making them with two 17 year olds.

418438_10151003998188667_1832723138_n.jpg

255331_10151003998668667_1624614287_n.jpg

484490_10151003998978667_1251198535_n.jpg

480098_10151003999268667_1893968391_n.jpg

How could you Terri :LOL: Going to defo try those when I return from my holiday, cant wait to go and get back :D Good to see a nice clean work surface (y) 10/10

Sorry Rich, as i said this is a very sticky dough. i am certainly making them again.

ok i just had an idea.. My daughter is lactose intolerant hence i used her milk and butter, but you could always use dairy free stuff too. Soy or rice milk or and a veg fat just an idea.

I foresee increasing waistlines throughout TP!

Several recipes here already for me to try. Jaffa Cake Pudding and Chocolate Brownie Cookies are sure to be a hit!

Butterscotch Cookies

314454_10151014871088667_1388349505_n.jpg

100g unsalted butter, softened,
plus extra for the baking sheet
100g light soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
175g self raising flour
25g puffed rice cereal
dark chocolate chips.

1. Heat the oven to 160C/140 fan/gas 3. Ina large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and golden syrup until smooth.

2. Sift in the flour and mix together, then fold in the puffed rice. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place, well spaced, on a lightly buttered baking sheet. Decorate each ball with a few chocolate chips.

3. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden. leave on the baking sheet for 1 min before removing to a wire rack to cool.

Sorry about the picture.

Last edited:
Cadbury's Creme Egg Brownies (apologies in advance if someone's already posted this)

DSCN0337.jpg

DSCN0341-1.jpg

Ingredients:
150gr unsalted butter cut in small cubes,
200gr chopped Cadbury Bournville chocolate,
100ml strong expresso coffee,
250gr golden caster sugar,
1 sachet of vanilla paste,
3 medium eggs,
100gr plain flour,
4 Cadbury Creme Eggs (cut in halves)

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Grease and line a brownie tray with butter and baking paper.
2. In a heat proof bowl melt the chocolate and butter over a pan of simmering water - make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water.
3. When all melted out of the bain marie stir in the sugar, vanilla and coffee. Beat the eggs with a fork and mix them into the mixture. When smooth, fold in the sieved flour.
4. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 mins. Remove from the oven and push in the Creme Egg halves. Put back in the oven for another 10-15 mins until the mixture is set, but still a bit sticky.
5. Leave to cool completely before slicing in squares and then enjoy!

im a bit lost what dough do you have to wait four hours before you use?. I hope its not the chocolate brownie cookies as i fancy them now and its only ment to be 32mins till they are ready lol :D

im a bit lost what dough do you have to wait four hours before you use?. I hope its not the chocolate brownie cookies as i fancy them now and its only ment to be 32mins till they are ready lol :D

It is indeed - but I can assure you it is well worth the wait (y)

Back