Things that have always baffled you.

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
Why do people wear "driving gloves", what is the bleeding point?

Ok, that is that one solved then, thanks guys.

Anyone got any more ?

As far as I remember, it was to give a better grip on wooden steering wheels.

and the bakerlight type ones... and in the days when many cars had soft or no roof, kept the hands warm. Now it just looks a bit affected, though I am sure my beloved @Yves Geza will be along soon to tell us it isn't... :naughty:

and the bakerlight type ones... and in the days when many cars had soft or no roof, kept the hands warm. Now it just looks a bit affected, though I am sure my beloved @Yves Geza will be along soon to tell us it isn't... :naughty:
Yeah, but why does it appear to be the norm in your average Audi now, surely they have heaters in them?

Another one, you may be able to answer this Yvonne.......:D

Why do young ladies wear skimpy, virtually non existant clothing on a Friday night in the middle of winter,then complain about being cold?

Indeed, it keeps the wheel clean after lots of them have been discussing matters...

As for what baffles me, LOADS these days!!! Mostly, how TF the DVLA medical group make their decisions.

Why do you see youg men walking up the high street with their hand down the front of their trousers 'jangling their change'?

Audi drivers!

Why do young ladies wear skimpy, virtually non existant clothing on a Friday night in the middle of winter,then complain about being cold?

Because they are either tarts or thick or both. Never know a woman who's not had at least one of them qualities:eek:

No bloody idea, I didn't do it when I was young and no idea why they do it now. Daughter has been known to wear skimpies but she insists she doesn't feel the cold... :rolleyes:

The real reason was to insulate your hands from steering wheel vibration. If you want to test it, drive from London to Monaco in one eighteen hour blast wearing lightweight gloves and then drive back without them and you'll feel the difference ;)

Which makes me wonder; are Welsh know-it-alls known as Dai the dactic? :exit:

Ideally racing the Blue Train on the way back!

well you KNOW the type of people that buy Audis these days [according to Top Gear]..... :whistle:

Ahem....lol

inflammable and flammable. whats the point?

Stops oils from your skin making leather on steering wheels shiny. I know a few people who have award winning classic cars who use thin leather driving gloves for that reason.

inflammable and flammable. whats the point?
Inflammable was the original word. From the root "inflame" (i.e. to erupt into flames). Some health and safety organisation or other whose name I forget created the neologism "flammable" because they were concerned that people would think "inflammable" meant "unable to burn".

Inflammable was the original word. From the root "inflame" (i.e. to erupt into flames). Some health and safety organisation or other whose name I forget created the neologism "flammable" because they were concerned that people would think "inflammable" meant "unable to burn".

:agree: It was our very own Elf an Safety lot !

Ah, but which of the two words, Flammable or Inflammable is written on the truck that chases Dennis Weaver In Duel? No cheating now.

Oh and leave us Audi drivers alone.

Ah, but which of the two words, Flammable or Inflammable is written on the truck that chases Dennis Weaver In Duel? No cheating now.

Oh and leave us Audi drivers alone.

I thought it said Implausible :thinking:

Last edited:
Genuinely baffled, why does a wet cloth mop up water/spills etc. quicker than a totally dry one, why? It's illogical Mr.Spock.

YAY, so thats the Audi drivers offended...who next? *looks around with an evil smile* [FWIW btw TG said that whereas all outside lane hogging, never giving way to anyone c**k's used to buy BMW/Merc, they now buy Audi's, though there are a few Audi models I would still happily own ;) ]

as for what baffles.... why have cats not yet developed opposable thumbs?

Because cats have barely mastered control of the digits they have!

as for what baffles.... why have cats not yet developed opposable thumbs?

Now come on Yv, why would they, when they have pets to do thier bidding? ;) :p

[quote
as for what baffles.... why have cats not yet developed opposable thumbs?[/quote]

They are lazy little beasts who expect every thing done for them. :p

[
They are lazy little beasts who expect every thing done for them. :p
Years ago the Egyptians worshiped cats as Gods,
for their part, the cats have never forgotten this :D

Now come on Yv, why would they, when they have pets to do thier bidding? ;) :p

Yeah but they're wilful, self interested beasts that often know what they're meant to do but deliberately don't always cooperate! :bat:

OFT - opposable feline thumbs - would solve the feline tin opener problem! :rolleyes:

Back