Things that have always baffled you.

I'm guessing the surface tension means the water pushes all the tiny dry sticking out fibres away rather than been soaked up, if they are also wet they will do the opposite.

Do I get a gold star please?

Not quite...

It's because water molecules are polar. So the attraction between the damp cloth and spilled water is occurring at molecular level between adjacent water molecules.

:D Ya daft, erm, YES quite! You should have asked her. ;)

Surface tension is a result of cohesive forces between molecules in a liquid.

They cling to each other and turn inwards creating the surface tension unless they meet more water molecules to join with...like I said the first time.

Last edited:
Agree with what Alan said about celebrity culture
I mean why do so many people buy Jordans books she doesn't even write them someone else does

:D Ya daft, erm, YES quite! You should have asked her. ;)

Surface tension is a result of cohesive forces between molecules in a liquid.

They cling to each other and turn inwards creating the surface tension unless they meet more water molecules to join with...like I said the first time.

Fairy Nuff.... :)

Why, in a petrol station, are diesel pump handles always filthy/wet/sticky whilst the petrol ones are relatively clean?

Why, in a petrol station, are diesel pump handles always filthy/wet/sticky whilst the petrol ones are relatively clean?

Nature of the beast

Diesel/Derv/Heavy Fuel Oil is not that far from crude oil. Very waxy and sticky.

Heavy detergents will break it down but better that users don't throw it around when filling up, wear plastic gloves to keep it off your skin (and clothes). Unlike petrol it does not evaporate. So sloppy handling by users more practiced on filling up with petrol means they "knock" the nozzle instead of putting it back in the pum holder. With that stuff 'a little goes a long way'

That said, at 30,000 miles a year of car use we save ££ using it.

Steve

Why do young ladies wear skimpy, virtually non existant clothing on a Friday night in the middle of winter,then complain about being cold?

same reason that the lad go drinking in their shirt sleves in a blizzard - cos who wants to be queuing to check/collect coats at every club when the time could be better spent drinking cheap lager and falling over.

also the 'ladies' are complaining about being cold because they wan't the lads to warm them up - simples

Back